Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Divination - lesson two is up with the assignment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 pm
Well, I'd say I'm fairly intuitive. I also show tendencies for precognition. I have dreams, which are the actual events of something in the future, or strange symbolism that tends to mean something for my future as well. Though, there have been some that when I wake up from, I just KNOW something, like my friends had recently broken up and the guy who did it, well I knew he wanted to get back with her and I confronted him. (Of course he asked how the hell did I know? Tehehe) and also, I've woken up from a dream knowing that I would begin my menstrual cycle in two days. It was a really good warning. Yes it did happen two days after as well. (That's 7, now to add the extra)

Dreams aren't the only thing though, like I predict soap opera happenings and just happen to be right, I pick up my phone before it rings, I've told my brother his girlfriend was online because I heard her sign in song and he said "Not yet" then it went off. I know most of this is precognition but I still think that it counts as it is knowing something just before it happens.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:15 am
loveblackbutterflies
Well, I'd say I'm fairly intuitive. I also show tendencies for precognition. I have dreams, which are the actual events of something in the future, or strange symbolism that tends to mean something for my future as well. Though, there have been some that when I wake up from, I just KNOW something, like my friends had recently broken up and the guy who did it, well I knew he wanted to get back with her and I confronted him. (Of course he asked how the hell did I know? Tehehe) and also, I've woken up from a dream knowing that I would begin my menstrual cycle in two days. It was a really good warning. Yes it did happen two days after as well. (That's 7, now to add the extra)

Dreams aren't the only thing though, like I predict soap opera happenings and just happen to be right, I pick up my phone before it rings, I've told my brother his girlfriend was online because I heard her sign in song and he said "Not yet" then it went off. I know most of this is precognition but I still think that it counts as it is knowing something just before it happens.

Very good. I apologize for not answering sooner. I'll be posting the next lesson soon.  

goddessnaia

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:18 am
loveblackbutterflies

I've done the soap opera thing too ^^ But maybe in America they're just predictable.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:46 pm
BASH has something to say!

Username: KillerQueen Bash
What you would like to be called: Bash
Previous experiences with divination: None, sorry
Why you want to join this class: I like to learn new things.
Other: I'm a 15 eclectic Wiccan. I have 7 pets. I live in a Christian household, so I can't do some things, like burn candles or incense.

That will be all.

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:47 pm

I guess I'll wait to do the homework until I get accepted <3

That will be all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:21 am
KillerQueen Bash

I guess I'll wait to do the homework until I get accepted <3

That will be all.

Welcome to the class. ^ ^ Feel free to post your homework.  

goddessnaia

Usako_Rouge

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:40 am
I tend to get feelings or vibes off of different people. I'm very good at telling peoples tendencies before they start acting on it. Also, occasionally I would get sort of a whisper of a voice warning me of something, or telling me something and I've always listened and was never led astray.

I find the best settings for me that it works best is when I'm just walking in nature. Since I moved to the city, there's a big bridge that separates the two, and I always feel at peace like I'm in a trance or somethings trying to tell me something but there's something fogging up my brain trying to block it out. I dunno, I've found it really hard recently, it use to be really natural for me. It's always worked best as warnings and would keep warning me up to the point where I would loose sleep until I listened and the results always saved me. Whether it was something small as to almost forgetting something, or something big telling me not to go to the big dance and saved me from dying in a car accident.

I've never really been able to control it, it just sort of comes and goes. But nothing ever seems to block it and it just keeps repeating itself or different signs until I listen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 pm
Beautiful Propaganda

I've done the soap opera thing too ^^ But maybe in America they're just predictable.

Yes they would be, I think every soap opera is but I added it just in case. You never know, right? ^_^  

loveblackbutterflies

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 am
Matalina_Mimato
I tend to get feelings or vibes off of different people. I'm very good at telling peoples tendencies before they start acting on it. Also, occasionally I would get sort of a whisper of a voice warning me of something, or telling me something and I've always listened and was never led astray.

I find the best settings for me that it works best is when I'm just walking in nature. Since I moved to the city, there's a big bridge that separates the two, and I always feel at peace like I'm in a trance or somethings trying to tell me something but there's something fogging up my brain trying to block it out. I dunno, I've found it really hard recently, it use to be really natural for me. It's always worked best as warnings and would keep warning me up to the point where I would loose sleep until I listened and the results always saved me. Whether it was something small as to almost forgetting something, or something big telling me not to go to the big dance and saved me from dying in a car accident.

I've never really been able to control it, it just sort of comes and goes. But nothing ever seems to block it and it just keeps repeating itself or different signs until I listen.

Your intuition seems to be very strong (meaning that you have an easy time hearing it). If you want to, then do the extra credit. I think it would help you be in more control of your intuition, because you'd have a way to use it without having to wait for something bad to happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:06 pm
My intuition is very strong when it comes to meeting people in person. As soon as I meet someone, I pretty much have them figured out. Its extremely reliable and I'm so used to counting on it that on the rare occasions where I can't quite get a "read" on someone, it totally throws me for a loop and I'm suddenly in the dark. I can usually predict what kind of childhood that peson had, what their interests are, and if there's something in particular on their mind. However, unless I'm literally in the same room with that person, it doesn't work, so talking to someone on the phone or online doesn't really work.

The second way it shows itself is a lot less reliable, but something I'd like to learn to control. Now this one is kind of odd, but I smell people when they're in emotional distress. I have a very close friend who discovered her boyfriend of several years had cheated on her several times, and she had broken up with him. She was absolutely torn apart, and at the time I was in Mississippi working with Habitat for Humanity. While I was working I suddenly caught a whiff of her (you know how people have their own personal smells), and called her immediately. Its happened like that a few times with other people. Its really random though, and only seems to be in serious situations.

Also, I rarely dream about people I know, and so when people I know pop up in dreams it usually means that they're is something going on in their lives that I need to pay attention to. Like friends who are going through a rough spot.  

Kyou Nitsune

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:58 am
Kyou Nitsune
My intuition is very strong when it comes to meeting people in person. As soon as I meet someone, I pretty much have them figured out. Its extremely reliable and I'm so used to counting on it that on the rare occasions where I can't quite get a "read" on someone, it totally throws me for a loop and I'm suddenly in the dark. I can usually predict what kind of childhood that peson had, what their interests are, and if there's something in particular on their mind. However, unless I'm literally in the same room with that person, it doesn't work, so talking to someone on the phone or online doesn't really work.

The second way it shows itself is a lot less reliable, but something I'd like to learn to control. Now this one is kind of odd, but I smell people when they're in emotional distress. I have a very close friend who discovered her boyfriend of several years had cheated on her several times, and she had broken up with him. She was absolutely torn apart, and at the time I was in Mississippi working with Habitat for Humanity. While I was working I suddenly caught a whiff of her (you know how people have their own personal smells), and called her immediately. Its happened like that a few times with other people. Its really random though, and only seems to be in serious situations.

Also, I rarely dream about people I know, and so when people I know pop up in dreams it usually means that they're is something going on in their lives that I need to pay attention to. Like friends who are going through a rough spot.

The way your intuition works is very unique. I'd bet that you're an empath (if you don't know what that is, just ask), because of the ease you have with reading people. If you'd like to know more about empaths and how you can learn to use your intuition, just pm me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:55 am
Lesson Two

I apoligize for the long wait for this lesson. Once I get more organized and get my computer working again, I'll probably be able to post the lessons more frequently.

Choosing a crystal ball:
Some say that a crystal ball should be unscratched and without any cracks or 'bubbles' in it, and that the plexiglass ones work just as well. I beg to differ - the crystal ball should be the way you feel is right, and really shouldn't be made of plexiglass. The reason I say this is because stones hold a lot of power, and will more readily absorb your energy. Along with this, you can look up the types of crystals and their powers, and then pick one that fits your needs more specifically. If I can, later on I'll post about a few different types of crystals that are used for crystal balls.
Choosing/creating a mirror:
You don't want to use a normal mirror, because that will reflect things in the room, and make sure that you don't see anything beyond that. You can, however, use a maginifying glass, though it doesn't work nearly as well as a crystal ball or mirror. Now, the mirror should be a black one, meaning that either the glass is coated with black paint or something similar, or is made of glass or crystal that is already black. If you would like to make a black mirror yourself, first find a mirror. Coat the mirror with turpentine, and then asphaltum. The turpentine will make sure that the asphaltum sticks. If you can't do that, black paint will work fine. Then, write along the outside rim of the mirror, writing things that will give the mirror more power, such as writing something about it's purpose or asking any gods/spirits/etc that you believe in to help give it power. Some suggest that you use a "magickal" alphabet (such as runes) to write these things, but I believe that you should write in in what ever alphabet you like, or feel connected with, or that you use. The whole point of this is that it's your mirror; you don't want to just use methods that others use - that will make it less unique and connected to you.
Personalizing:
I've already said this, but I feel I should say it again: For the crystal ball, choose one that really calls to you, but take your time in figuring out what type of crystal you want. For the mirror, I would suggest making it yourself, but don't let that keep you from buying one if it feels right. Now, what I'm posting for the personalization is not a true ritual - it's merely cleansing and charging. If you would like to learn about a ritual, feel free to pm me about it. One way to purify your crystal ball or mirror is by working with the four elements. For water, it's preferable for you to find an actual body of water or a stream. Also, if you can get to the ocean, that's a really great place to do this (but if you have a place that has water that's more special to you, use that place). Hold the crystal ball/mirror in the water and calm your energy. Focus it all on the mirror, and having the mirror absorb the power and purity of the water. You can say something such as asking a diety/spirit/etc to bless it, or you can just say words that you feel will empower it. When you take it out, let it air dry. For earth, you can bury it in a sacred place and leave it there for a day or so (which is the way I suggest) or you can just stand (or sit) with even just a bit of your bare skin touching the earth, and pull the energy up through your body and into the mirror/crystal ball. For fire take your mirror/crystal ball and wave it through the flame of a candle a few times, while again concentrating on the elemnt (fire) and it's powers, willing them to be absorbed by the crystal ball/mirror. For air, do the same thing, only use insence instead of a candle flame. If you don't feel that this worked for you, pm me and I can tell you other ways to charge your mirror/crystal ball.
Now, to make it your own. As I already said, you can write on the mirror if you get one, and you can choose the type of crystal for the crystal ball, but what about giving it your energy? There isn't really a set way to do this, so I'm going to giv eyou homework about this. Just read the next post, and you'll know what to do.
Where to keep it.
Your mirror/crystal ball should be kept where it's dark, and when not in use, put in a black cloth bag or just covered by some black cloth. If you would like to give your crystal ball/mirror more positive energy, you can keep it out at night in a place where it can soak in the moon's light. Do not let it into direct sunlight.  

goddessnaia

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:00 am
Second Assignment

The first part of your homework assignment is to either obtain a crystal ball/mirror, or figure out what type of crystal you want for your crystal ball, or how you want your mirror to be made (meaning do you want to buy it, make it, etc). If you can get a crystal ball/mirror, I'd like you to charge it, and tell me about what happened when you charged it (did you connect with your crystal ball/mirror, how did you feel afterwards, etc). If you get a crystal ball/mirror, figure out a way to personalize it that works best for you. You can do some research on different ways to do this, but I would prefer if you figured it out on your own - that way it will truly be unique to you. Even if you can't get a crystal ball/mirror, I'd like you to think of a way to personalize it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 pm
I was looking for a mirror when I found one in a store in the city. It was weird, I was cursing in my head because I was only 50 cents short and as soon as I touched it and lifted it up, there was 50 cents under it. I did use turpentine and asphaltum, that worked out pretty well. The mirror already has leaf designs on it and I used my carving knife to do a outline of my Spirit Animal (Coyote) and then did a ritual with a spell I made for it.

When I charged it, I felt the energy leave me and go into the mirror. When I open my eyes and looked into it occasionally, I seen clips of other people in it. It went over really well, except afterwords there was still a lot of energy in the air and my lamp blew up when it was turned off.... It made my roommates paranoid when I told them my light was broken and they seem to sense something when they seen me afterwords because they looked at me like they were terrified. But the mirror turned out great! biggrin

Usako_Rouge

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • First step to fame 200

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Lesson 1
I usually only feel anything with my intuition once in a while. Last week, we were in Vegas, and I'm not old enough to gamble. So I told my mom to go to a certain slot machine, put in a $5 bill, and use one credit, then two, then one, and so on. Then I told her when to stop. She tripled what she put in by listening to me.
Normally, I only intuit something when something bad is going to happen.

Lesson 2
I would prefer to get a mirror and make my own. However, if I were going to purchase a crystal ball, I would like one of rose or smoky quartz--they are very pretty and not as boring as plain quartz. I am currently unable to obtain either.
If I were able to make the mirror, I would carve a protection chant in Theban around the perimeter of the mirror through the black paint. I would also infrequently include some runes and pentacles.

That will be all.

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games