thus there really isn't a need to point out the insult

but you did ask
so here it is

"Relax, man. He wasn't twisting your words, he was just disagreeing with you."

It is kinda pissy for me to take this as an insult but just the same

implying that I would get upset of a disagreement infuriates me to no end
espesialy when the truth is a twisting of words

lol, I left last night thinking your last post had ended it. oh well. =P

"Relax, man." This really was not intended as an insult. For one, addressing you as "man" was intended as a term of respect. I wasn't implying that you would get upset over a disagreement: In the post I was responding to, you sounded quite ticked off, and you did say in your next post that you were angered. So I didn't mean to imply anything, I was responding to you. It just seemed that you were getting heated over what I thought was a misunderstanding, so I suggested to relax and tried to defuse the situation. My full post was not antagonistic in the slightest; I wasn't looking for a fight; to the contrary, I was trying to prevent one between you and the other guy (which has proven hopeless). I am sorry, though, if it sounded condescending or anything. If you felt insulted by it, you could have said so there and it would have been resolved. No need to be infuriated to no end. =)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:44 am
Crimson Raccoon
lordstar
lordstar
hey its no problem
im just glad this ended in a civil mannor

but you did ask
so here it is

"Relax, man." This really was not intended as an insult. For one, addressing you as "man" was intended as a term of respect. I wasn't implying that you would get upset over a disagreement: In the post I was responding to, you sounded quite ticked off, and you did say in your next post that you were angered. So I didn't mean to imply anything, I was responding to you. It just seemed that you were getting heated over what I thought was a misunderstanding, so I suggested to relax and tried to defuse the situation. My full post was not antagonistic in the slightest; I wasn't looking for a fight; to the contrary, I was trying to prevent one between you and the other guy (which has proven hopeless). I am sorry, though, if it sounded condescending or anything. If you felt insulted by it, you could have said so there and it would have been resolved. No need to be infuriated to no end. =)

I'm over it mate
I just wanted to point you to the quote because you asked

it wasn't about how you addressed me or asking me to relax as both are fine

but I am not the type to get frazzled over a dissagreement  

lordstar

genbounty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:27 am
lordstar
Crimson Raccoon
lordstar
lordstar
hey its no problem

but you did ask
so here it is

I'm over it mate

Hey there, I don't post much here so you probably don't recognize me in any way, and I am sure this post does not require any reply in any way, especially by me, as it wasn't directed towards me, but I have looked at this in a couple ways, and I can't understand how saying "Relax, man. He wasn't twisting your words, he was just disagreeing with you." is an insult in any way. As you did say it was an insult, I am curious how you think so? and please don't respond to this saying you are over it, (although you can, but it wouldn't answer my question, assuming you care about my question... and I am not trying to start/continue an argument, or saying that you were going to start an argument, or saying that you don't/do care, or trying to imply anything here, just looking for an answer)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:18 pm
diabolical_ferret658
Quote:
Now another question to pose is not about the Trinity but the essence of Jesus being God AND Man. How can one explain that?

Jesus was fully God and fully human. Being God, He does not need to follow the rules of our world, our solar system, and not even the universe. In the New Testament towards Revelation, it says something along the line of 1000 years is like a day to God. That ilustrates right there that God has no obligation to follow the laws of physics and logic that He created when He created everything else.

So He is 100% Human and 100% Divine? You just confirmed what the Ecumenical Councils stated many, many years ago. Awesome.  

Vasilius Konstantinos

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:29 pm
genbounty
lordstar
Crimson Raccoon
lordstar
lordstar
hey its no problem

but you did ask
so here it is

I'm over it mate

Hey there, I don't post much here so you probably don't recognize me in any way, and I am sure this post does not require any reply in any way, especially by me, as it wasn't directed towards me, but I have looked at this in a couple ways, and I can't understand how saying "Relax, man. He wasn't twisting your words, he was just disagreeing with you." is an insult in any way. As you did say it was an insult, I am curious how you think so? and please don't respond to this saying you are over it, (although you can, but it wouldn't answer my question, assuming you care about my question... and I am not trying to start/continue an argument, or saying that you were going to start an argument, or saying that you don't/do care, or trying to imply anything here, just looking for an answer)

To answer your question
implying that I would get upset over a disagreement is insulting because of such an action portrays my character in a particularly poor light.

I know now that was not his intention so he and I are cool  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:57 pm
lordstar
genbounty
lordstar
Crimson Raccoon
lordstar
lordstar
hey its no problem

but you did ask
so here it is

I'm over it mate

To answer your question
implying that I would get upset over a disagreement is insulting because of such an action portrays my character in a particularly poor light.

I know now that was not his intention so he and I are cool

Thanks for the reply smile I understand how it could be looked at as an insult.  

genbounty

ferret658

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 am
Vasilius Konstantinos
diabolical_ferret658
Quote:
Now another question to pose is not about the Trinity but the essence of Jesus being God AND Man. How can one explain that?

Jesus was fully God and fully human. Being God, He does not need to follow the rules of our world, our solar system, and not even the universe. In the New Testament towards Revelation, it says something along the line of 1000 years is like a day to God. That ilustrates right there that God has no obligation to follow the laws of physics and logic that He created when He created everything else.

So He is 100% Human and 100% Divine? You just confirmed what the Ecumenical Councils stated many, many years ago. Awesome.

Was that an actual compliment or sarcasm? It's hard to tell when these conversations aren't face to face. biggrin

I didn't get that fact from the Councils, I actually got it from a book by some reporter named Lee Strobel. Case for Christ the book is called. It was either that book or it was from one by Greg Stier (pronounced steer) called You're Next.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff