Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:55 pm
Actually, I would love it even more if they asked US what WE want, instead of making decisions like that. stare  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:09 pm
That won't be effective until they learn to make announcements about it. *points to thread asking about the new shop layout* That thread was never announced publically. It didn't even mentioned the changes to the NPCs so it worked even less.

And then you'll wind up with people entirely ignorant of the subject and you'll get a "people pulling a voting for a forum name to be OMGaia when that has nothing to do with the forum's purpose" type situation all over again. So I'm a bit torn on voting.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:42 pm
So, still inexperienced, Gaia? xD
Eh, I hear new changes from you guys, so I guess it's not so bad....

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:59 pm
Very inexperienced indeed. *giggle*
I'm loving that they're working on the communication though.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:45 pm
From what I understand, (since I wasn't around) they had the communication right in the beginning. stare What happened?  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:16 pm
Gaia staff decided they wanted to have their cake and eat it too? Idk, I joined in June 2k7.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Architect Eyes

Shirtless Codger

10,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:30 am
Siarnaq
From what I understand, (since I wasn't around) they had the communication right in the beginning. stare What happened?

They did used to make more posts in terms of announcements, but stuff grows so fast that it's hard to balance between, 'okay srs bsns' and 'lol hey guys we forgot!'

I wouldn't say communication was better early on, but it was certainly more managable than it is now.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:34 am
Hm...My ideas on the matter...

Cash shop items, such as rigs, get sold for ridiculous prices in the market place due to some people unable to actually get gaia cash~

AI.
When someone with enough money buys every one of that item, then sells them for millions of gold. ((I THINK THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO MERCURIES MOON)) oops, caps

I dont know much else...I was never good with matter of inflation./.  

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:11 am
In regards to changing to Daily Chance, either to decrease the number of DCs you get a day, or eliminating it entirely:

Previously, there was a change in the general site layout, that modified the number of pages with a DC on them. At the time, the claim was that, although they were decreasing the number of DCs each user would get, they'd see a corresponding increase in the quality of items received. Anyone ever see that? Nope, it's really just the same old crap we got before. So, somehow, Fleep's idea that there'd be one DC with 5x better stuff seems rather dubious...

But even more importantly: how can you get fish for your Aquarium without spending Cash? You can either pay exorbitant prices in the Marketplace... or you can hope for one in the DC. If they reduce or eliminate the number of DCs you get, would they not also be reducing the chance of free Aquarium fish? Which, of course, will serve to cause Aquarium fish to increase in the MP even further, no...?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:14 am
O.T.L.
In regards to changing to Daily Chance, either to decrease the number of DCs you get a day, or eliminating it entirely:

Previously, there was a change in the general site layout, that modified the number of pages with a DC on them. At the time, the claim was that, although they were decreasing the number of DCs each user would get, they'd see a corresponding increase in the quality of items received. Anyone ever see that? Nope, it's really just the same old crap we got before. So, somehow, Fleep's idea that there'd be one DC with 5x better stuff seems rather dubious...

I was around for that and I must say: you are completely true. I got the same crap I did before the update, as I did after it, just less of a chance to get anything of actual value. neutral

O.T.L.
But even more importantly: how can you get fish for your Aquarium without spending Cash? You can either pay exorbitant prices in the Marketplace... or you can hope for one in the DC. If they reduce or eliminate the number of DCs you get, would they not also be reducing the chance of free Aquarium fish? Which, of course, will serve to cause Aquarium fish to increase in the MP even further, no...?

Good point there, if we can't get them from DC, we HAVE to pay for them in order to use our tank, or pay painfully high prices on them in the MP. -__-

....God I hate Fleep.....

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

UPC Betsy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:05 pm
Honestly, I think they should slow down on the RIGs and stop doing the ones like FameStar or the Emerald Seed, where you have decreasing luck as you move up levels.

And raise the odds for getting rare items from said RIGS. It doesn't have to be much, but RIG items should not be selling in the millions.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:26 am
@O.T.L.: ...That thought on Aquariums didn't even cross my mind. I bet it didn't on Fleep's either. Though...when was the last time something concerning people who don't provide a dev's paycheck was important to them?

Perhaps if they got rid of the daily chance or lowered the number of them a day, they'd be force to put fish in Phing Phang for gold?

I really and truly only use aquariums for the free stuff. I don't even care about it enough to booty grab with my aquarium. I was a "Aquarium with Gaia Fishing Fish" supporter.

ninja I still think they should get rid of aquariums altogether. ninja  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:56 am
Andromeda Phoenix
@O.T.L.: ...That thought on Aquariums didn't even cross my mind. I bet it didn't on Fleep's either. Though...when was the last time something concerning people who don't provide a dev's paycheck was important to them?

Perhaps if they got rid of the daily chance or lowered the number of them a day, they'd be force to put fish in Phing Phang for gold?

I really and truly only use aquariums for the free stuff. I don't even care about it enough to booty grab with my aquarium. I was a "Aquarium with Gaia Fishing Fish" supporter.

Eh, at this point, I doubt they'll get rid of Aquariums. It's a money-generating aspect of the site, so why would they get rid of it?

Likewise, even if they did get rid of Daily Chance, they still probably wouldn't add fish for gold. If anything, that would give them LESS reason to do so, since the Marketplace prices on fish would go up, it'd be more of an incentive to use Cash for fish, so why would they make them available for gold? (Even though that would have been one of the best gold sinks they ever could have created.)

Did that thought cross Fleep's mind? Maybe, maybe not. Given the way things on Gaia seem to be run nowadays, I really wouldn't be surprised to find out they were considering removing free fish from the DC (for the "get more people to buy fish with Cash" reason), and had Fleep suggest that to see if anyone would make the connection. (But then, I can be a bit of a paranoid conspiracy theorist at times, so... *Shrug*)  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:53 am
I've noticed gold control from the Overseer. I used to get decent items and roughly 1k of gold at least once a week, now I'm lucky to get 150g.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:08 pm
O.T.L.
Andromeda Phoenix

Eh, at this point, I doubt they'll get rid of Aquariums. It's a money-generating aspect of the site, so why would they get rid of it?

Likewise, even if they did get rid of Daily Chance, they still probably wouldn't add fish for gold. If anything, that would give them LESS reason to do so, since the Marketplace prices on fish would go up, it'd be more of an incentive to use Cash for fish, so why would they make them available for gold? (Even though that would have been one of the best gold sinks they ever could have created.)

Did that thought cross Fleep's mind? Maybe, maybe not. Given the way things on Gaia seem to be run nowadays, I really wouldn't be surprised to find out they were considering removing free fish from the DC (for the "get more people to buy fish with Cash" reason), and had Fleep suggest that to see if anyone would make the connection. (But then, I can be a bit of a paranoid conspiracy theorist at times, so... *Shrug*)

I swear the only reason people even look at aquariums is booty grab. And that'll probably be the reason why they wont' nerf it if they don't touch it while adjusting the gold amounts. I've seen so many complaints that users won't buy anymore fish if they reduce the amount of gold given out, because apparently somewhere along the line Gaia told users that a certain fish would drop exactly this amount of gold each and every time and changing that amount of gold is the equivalent of changing what they purchased after they purchased it. Didn't get what I said? Neither did I. xd

I think staff knows that booty grab is the main source of inflation, but because it makes them copious amounts of money as well (don't ask me how when the fish live so damn long.)...they don't wanna touch it.

I'm a firm believer of Gaia's "Cause inflation to get more people to buy Cash" conspiracy theory. ninja  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff