Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:05 am
User Image
Killer Stone or Pet Rock? 04.29.09

User Image

It was another day and she tried to uncurl as the alarm continued to blare at her. Her hand slapped the clock three times before she managed to hit the button to shut it off. For a long moment she lay there, closing her eyes again. But just as she would have dozed off again, she suddenly got to her feet, pushing herself to get up. She even quickly made the bed so she'd not be tempted to crawl back in.

"I really need to put that across the room so I have to get up." A sigh on her lips, Jasa sleepily rubbed her eyes. She glanced in the mirror as she passed it, flinching slightly. Her hair was a mess and there was sleep in her eyes still. Definitely not a pretty sight first thing.

It didn't take her long to get a quick shower and dressed for work. There really was not much she needed to do to her hair other than brush it and pull it back into a loose braid or ponytail. The humidity of the greenhouse sagged curls and made hair cling to a person and more often than not, hair went limp. So she never bothered much more than tying it back out of her way.

Her lashes were naturally black and thick, so mascara was a waste of time. A bit of blush and lip gloss and she was ready for work. A quick bowl of cereal and a glass of juice was all the breakfast she needed and after rinsing the bowl and glass out, she grabbed her backpack, heading down the stairs to the porch. She owned a car but the bicycle was what she wanted to ride on nice days. Not only was it exercise, it was a way to take her time and see what people were planting in their yards. It always gave her an edge because that's what their neighbors would be asking for. And that's what would sell at the nursery.

The sky was just turning pink as she unlocked the chain. A faint smile on her lips, she stopped as a playful breeze slipped through causing the treetops to sway as if dancing to their own music. She believed they were and watched for a moment more.

"Heading to work, Jasa?" a voice asked as she studied the skyline. The rich throaty sound she knew before she turned around to watch the old man.

"Yes, Mr. Durmand. How are you today? It should be a beautiful day outside." she replied softly, smiling at the elderly man. He was her landlord and she liked him a great deal, even helped him around the yard, planting and weeding as well as mowing when the boy he hired didn't show up.

"Well, enjoy it, lass. I intend to sit on my porch much of today and read. Warm these old bones up some." He grinned, a toothy dentured smile.

"If I could stay home, I'd almost join you." she smiled as she got on the bike. Waving to him, she rode around the corner.

Durmand watched her as she disappeared from sight. She was a quiet girl. One of the things he had liked about her when renting her the upstairs. No rudeness. No loud music. No men in and out. She had good caring parents who raised her right and he liked having her around.

As she rode the two miles to the greenhouse, Jasa studied the yards and gardens as she passed them by, trying to get a feel for what people were planting. Lots of violet pansies and yellow daisies were in hanging baskets. Both easy to grow and a wonderful splash of color. As she parked her bike in the rack to the side of the greenhouse, she could see the lights were on already inside. Alice, the greenhouse manager, was here already.

Her job was far from the most acclaimed job there was, but she loved it. The feel of earth in her hands as she filled the pots, dropped in seeds or delicately planted small seedlings, soothed her the way nothing else did. To see the things she tended turn into the blossoming beauty that brightened the world and then to watch it spread from yard to yard excited her. Little fame and glory to be attained, but she loved it with a passion. At times she even talked to the plants in the greenhouse telling them how wonderful they were. She was quite certain it helped them grow.

"Jasa, we need..." Alice began as she walked up beside Jasa.

"Purple pansies and yellow daisies. How many baskets?" She finished tying her apron strings around her neck and waist as she listened. "I saw four houses with them on the way here. It's always the same pattern."

"I hate when you do that." Alice growled in annoyance, then laughed. "About twenty I should think. Do five and set them in the shop then finish the others. How soon can you have them done?"

She was already stacking the flowerpots up and counting them, but stopped to calculate her time for a moment. "About an hour for the first five. After that, probably another three hours." She would take her time and do them properly.

She began moving the pots to her work table, checking each one to make sure they were large enough. One bin of soil vermiculite mix was moved into place as well as a bin full of small gravel to be used in drainage. Ignoring the pair of gloves on her workspace, she scooped out gravel layering the bottom of the first five pots. After filling them halfway with the soil mix, Jasa carefully pulled a plant from the trays nearby, setting it into the pot with a few others. Finishing with more soil packed firmly around the stems, she moved them to the mister area nearby. A few minutes under that to ensure they were watered well and she could move them to the shop.

With a smile, she began to hum a song she liked as she worked. Each plant was gently repotted, soil tucked and watered well as she continued making up the twenty mixed baskets of pansies and daisies. Each one she lovingly whispered to telling it how beautiful it was and that someone would love it, taking it home. The first five she hung sold by the time she carried out the next five. The shop was getting very lively as the morning wore on and she finally carried the last one of the twenty out to hang it.

"Madison, I said stop running!" the woman nearby growled as Jasa moved down the aisle next to her. The child giggled, laughing and tormenting her mother.

She turned to hang the pot only to have the child slam into her arm. The basket slipped free of her grasp, the plastic pot cracking as it crashed to the cement floor. The plants, soil, and gravel scattered everywhere at her feet.

"Madison! Apologize to the girl now!" the mother growled, grabbing the child's arm with a frown. "Look what you did! Apologize."

Her teeth tugged her lower lip as she watched Jasa. "Sorry." she muttered, then jerked her arm away from her mother.

Jasa simply nodded as Alice moved forwards to deal with it. "Jasa, just clean up the mess and make another one. Leave those plants to the side for now."

She nodded, bending down to scoop up the mess in a box. A small glint of red caught her eyes as she pushed the soil and plants into the cardboard, but she paid it no mind at all. More than likely the plants would die, shocked by the fall to the concrete and the thought caused her to frown intensely. She would have paddled that child for her behavior. Even now she was still giving her mother a hard time.

By the time she had finished for the afternoon, Jasa had planted ivys and ground creepers after the replacement basket. But as she put her jacket on, hanging the apron back up, Alice moved towards her, a box in hand.

"Here. They will probably die but take them with you, Jasa. That woman should have paid for them but I felt sorry for her having to deal with her bratty child." She held the box out with a smile. "If anyone can get them to survive, it will be you." She laughed shrugging.

Jasa smiled. "Thank you. I meant to ask what you were going to do with them. But I forgot." Slipping the box down into her backpack, she smiled as she slipped her ams into the straps.

The first thing she did when she got home was check the plants. They were a little wilted but they might survive. She glanced outside noting that it might even rain that night. With a smile she slipped outside, planting them in the yard where she was sure that the old man would be able to see them from his porch. If it rained then they would have a better chance of surviving in the ground than in a pot. As she moved towards the house, she felt the first few sprinkles.

But as she tried to decide what to do with the gravel, she noted the reddish gleam again. Carefully separating the gravel from the soil, she stared at the stone for a moment. It shined and she reached out eager to touch it. But as she held it in her hand, it moved. Jasa screamed, dropping it back into the box, her fingertips tingling but unharmed. She stared as dark tendrils increased around it, suddenly wondering if it were going to explode. Then it moved again, hovering into the air and moving towards her.

Stepping backwards, she watched it, eyes wide. Suddenly falling backwards as she tripped, she sprawled on the floor ungracefully.

"Stay away from me!" she yelled, moving backwards crablike against the wall.

The wisp stopped in the air just in front of her. It simply remained suspended as she watched it suspiciously. A feeling of curiosity slipped down over her as she continued to study it. It had stopped when she had said for it to. But what was it? Was it some creature that would suck her brains out? She blinked thinking that she had never seen nor heard of anything coming from a rock like that. Was it an alien sent to her world to spy?

She stared.

It hovered.

Finally, she moved. What else could she do? She surely was not going to sit there all night long. Holding out her hand, she said softly, "You better not bite me."

The wisp moved slowly forwards to the palm of her hand. Her lips twitched as it tickled her skin. A feeling of amusement was directed at her and she frowned slightly.

"Are you laughing at me?" she growled, but continued to watch it closely. The sensation of warmth spiraled down over her. "I guess you are harmless enough." Then, "I guess you can stay. For now."

Carefully placing it to the side, Jasa watched it as she began to separate the gravel and soil again into a couple of plastic bags. What was she getting herself into? It could be a killer.... rock? Was it really a rock? Her lips suddenly twitched at the thought.

"Not likely. Pet rock is more like it." she said softly as it drifted into her hand at her indication. "I'll have to figure out what you are. Can't say I've ever heard of anything like you before. No tricks now."

It was another day and she tried to uncurl as the alarm continued to blare at her. Her hand slapped the clock three times before she managed to hit the button to shut it off. For a long moment she lay there, closing her eyes again. But just as she would have dozed off again, she suddenly got to her feet, pushing herself to get up. She even quickly made the bed so she'd not be tempted to crawl back in.

"I really need to put that across the room so I have to get up." A sigh on her lips, Jasa sleepily rubbed her eyes. She glanced in the mirror as she passed it, flinching slightly. Her hair was a mess and there was sleep in her eyes still. Definitely not a pretty sight first thing.

It didn't take her long to get a quick shower and dressed for work. There really was not much she needed to do to her hair other than brush it and pull it back into a loose braid or ponytail. The humidity of the greenhouse sagged curls and made hair cling to a person and more often than not, hair went limp. So she never bothered much more than tying it back out of her way.

Her lashes were naturally black and thick, so mascara was a waste of time. A bit of blush and lip gloss and she was ready for work. A quick bowl of cereal and a glass of juice was all the breakfast she needed and after rinsing the bowl and glass out, she grabbed her backpack, heading down the stairs to the porch. She owned a car but the bicycle was what she wanted to ride on nice days. Not only was it exercise, it was a way to take her time and see what people were planting in their yards. It always gave her an edge because that's what their neighbors would be asking for. And that's what would sell at the nursery.

The sky was just turning pink as she unlocked the chain. A faint smile on her lips, she stopped as a playful breeze slipped through causing the treetops to sway as if dancing to their own music. She believed they were and watched for a moment more.

"Heading to work, Jasa?" a voice asked as she studied the skyline. The rich throaty sound she knew before she turned around to watch the old man.

"Yes, Mr. Durmand. How are you today? It should be a beautiful day outside." she replied softly, smiling at the elderly man. He was her landlord and she liked him a great deal, even helped him around the yard, planting and weeding as well as mowing when the boy he hired didn't show up.

"Well, enjoy it, lass. I intend to sit on my porch much of today and read. Warm these old bones up some." He grinned, a toothy dentured smile.

"If I could stay home, I'd almost join you." she smiled as she got on the bike. Waving to him, she rode around the corner.

Durmand watched her as she disappeared from sight. She was a quiet girl. One of the things he had liked about her when renting her the upstairs. No rudeness. No loud music. No men in and out. She had good caring parents who raised her right and he liked having her around.

As she rode the two miles to the greenhouse, Jasa studied the yards and gardens as she passed them by, trying to get a feel for what people were planting. Lots of violet pansies and yellow daisies were in hanging baskets. Both easy to grow and a wonderful splash of color. As she parked her bike in the rack to the side of the greenhouse, she could see the lights were on already inside. Alice, the greenhouse manager, was here already.

Her job was far from the most acclaimed job there was, but she loved it. The feel of earth in her hands as she filled the pots, dropped in seeds or delicately planted small seedlings, soothed her the way nothing else did. To see the things she tended turn into the blossoming beauty that brightened the world and then to watch it spread from yard to yard excited her. Little fame and glory to be attained, but she loved it with a passion. At times she even talked to the plants in the greenhouse telling them how wonderful they were. She was quite certain it helped them grow.

"Jasa, we need..." Alice began as she walked up beside Jasa.

"Purple pansies and yellow daisies. How many baskets?" She finished tying her apron strings around her neck and waist as she listened. "I saw four houses with them on the way here. It's always the same pattern."

"I hate when you do that." Alice growled in annoyance, then laughed. "About twenty I should think. Do five and set them in the shop then finish the others. How soon can you have them done?"

She was already stacking the flowerpots up and counting them, but stopped to calculate her time for a moment. "About an hour for the first five. After that, probably another three hours." She would take her time and do them properly.

She began moving the pots to her work table, checking each one to make sure they were large enough. One bin of soil vermiculite mix was moved into place as well as a bin full of small gravel to be used in drainage. Ignoring the pair of gloves on her workspace, she scooped out gravel layering the bottom of the first five pots. After filling them halfway with the soil mix, Jasa carefully pulled a plant from the trays nearby, setting it into the pot with a few others. Finishing with more soil packed firmly around the stems, she moved them to the mister area nearby. A few minutes under that to ensure they were watered well and she could move them to the shop.

With a smile, she began to hum a song she liked as she worked. Each plant was gently repotted, soil tucked and watered well as she continued making up the twenty mixed baskets of pansies and daisies. Each one she lovingly whispered to telling it how beautiful it was and that someone would love it, taking it home. The first five she hung sold by the time she carried out the next five. The shop was getting very lively as the morning wore on and she finally carried the last one of the twenty out to hang it.

"Madison, I said stop running!" the woman nearby growled as Jasa moved down the aisle next to her. The child giggled, laughing and tormenting her mother.

She turned to hang the pot only to have the child slam into her arm. The basket slipped free of her grasp, the plastic pot cracking as it crashed to the cement floor. The plants, soil, and gravel scattered everywhere at her feet.

"Madison! Apologize to the girl now!" the mother growled, grabbing the child's arm with a frown. "Look what you did! Apologize."

Her teeth tugged her lower lip as she watched Jasa. "Sorry." she muttered, then jerked her arm away from her mother.

Jasa simply nodded as Alice moved forwards to deal with it. "Jasa, just clean up the mess and make another one. Leave those plants to the side for now."

She nodded, bending down to scoop up the mess in a box. A small glint of red caught her eyes as she pushed the soil and plants into the cardboard, but she paid it no mind at all. More than likely the plants would die, shocked by the fall to the concrete and the thought caused her to frown intensely. She would have paddled that child for her behavior. Even now she was still giving her mother a hard time.

By the time she had finished for the afternoon, Jasa had planted ivys and ground creepers after the replacement basket. But as she put her jacket on, hanging the apron back up, Alice moved towards her, a box in hand.

"Here. They will probably die but take them with you, Jasa. That woman should have paid for them but I felt sorry for her having to deal with her bratty child." She held the box out with a smile. "If anyone can get them to survive, it will be you." She laughed shrugging.

Jasa smiled. "Thank you. I meant to ask what you were going to do with them. But I forgot." Slipping the box down into her backpack, she smiled as she slipped her ams into the straps.

The first thing she did when she got home was check the plants. They were a little wilted but they might survive. She glanced outside noting that it might even rain that night. With a smile she slipped outside, planting them in the yard where she was sure that the old man would be able to see them from his porch. If it rained then they would have a better chance of surviving in the ground than in a pot. As she moved towards the house, she felt the first few sprinkles.

But as she tried to decide what to do with the gravel, she noted the reddish gleam again. Carefully separating the gravel from the soil, she stared at the stone for a moment. It shined and she reached out eager to touch it. But as she held it in her hand, it moved. Jasa screamed, dropping it back into the box, her fingertips tingling but unharmed. She stared as dark tendrils increased around it, suddenly wondering if it were going to explode. Then it moved again, hovering into the air and moving towards her.

Stepping backwards, she watched it, eyes wide. Suddenly falling backwards as she tripped, she sprawled on the floor ungracefully.

"Stay away from me!" she yelled, moving backwards crablike against the wall.

The wisp stopped in the air just in front of her. It simply remained suspended as she watched it suspiciously. A feeling of curiosity slipped down over her as she continued to study it. It had stopped when she had said for it to. But what was it? Was it some creature that would suck her brains out? She blinked thinking that she had never seen nor heard of anything coming from a rock like that. Was it an alien sent to her world to spy?

She stared.

It hovered.

Finally, she moved. What else could she do? She surely was not going to sit there all night long. Holding out her hand, she said softly, "You better not bite me."

The wisp moved slowly forwards to the palm of her hand. Her lips twitched as it tickled her skin. A feeling of amusement was directed at her and she frowned slightly.

"Are you laughing at me?" she growled, but continued to watch it closely. The sensation of warmth spiraled down over her. "I guess you are harmless enough." Then, "I guess you can stay. For now."

Carefully placing it to the side, Jasa watched it as she began to separate the gravel and soil again into a couple of plastic bags. What was she getting herself into? It could be a killer.... rock? Was it really a rock? Her lips suddenly twitched at the thought.

"Not likely. Pet rock is more like it." she said softly as it drifted into her hand at her indication. "I'll have to figure out what you are. Can't say I've ever heard of anything like you before. No tricks now."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:51 pm
User Image
A Journal for Rukurai

User Image

A journal. That was what she needed. For a moment, she hesitated, trying to think where the blank books she had bought were. Sighing when she did not remember, Jasa simply began looking through all her shelves. It took her some time but after about an hour, she found one. Entirely blank and never been used.

The wisp had hovered at her shoulder the entire time as if trying to figure out what she was doing. A slight sensation of amusement slipped down over her and she raised an eyebrow at him.

"No need to be so amused at me. It's about you, Ruku."

Rukurai was the name she had given him. It seemed as good as any other. At least until he could tell her if he had a name of his own already.

Sitting down in the comfortable chair nearby, she began to write.

User ImageUser Image

Closing it, she smiled as he drifted in front of her. "Well, this is your book. At least a book about you, my friend. Do you grow? Do you eat? I'm trying to figure what you are." Placing the book and pen on the table, she held her hand out.

The wisp drifted into her palm. The sensation of curiosity slipped down over her as she reached out to touch him. A tendril or two surrounded her finger for a moment, then let go.

"Well, whatever you are, if you are going to grow or do something silly, it would be nice to have a warning." she laughed, tilting her head to watch him. "I suppose that's too much to ask."

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:43 pm
User Image
A Few Words

User Image

She glanced over at him. He was hovering above the stapler as she pulled her journal out. After idly watching him for a few moments the previous night, Jasa had only a little to write down. He seemed mostly curious about her and anything warm. He remained near her constantly. Strange.

User Image

She closed the journal just watching him a few moments. He hovered nearby, now and then drifting against her hand as she moved. Curious. But she now had no doubts that he was not a stone. Whatever he was she would find out sooner or later.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:59 pm
User Image
Devious Works
User Image

She had no choice in the matter but to take him to work with her. What would he do if she left him alone? Would he even allow her to do so? He had remained within a few feet of her since he had become this... wisp thing. Jasa sighed as she watched him closely. He was such a strange little thing as she drifted around her. The black smoky tendrils that reached outwards for the stone were just odd though she was quite sure that they were normal for him.

Him. She still thought of
it that wasy htough she had no true proof. Just the feeling... or impression she got from him.

The stone she had finally looked up to see if it would give her some sort of clue. Anything that she could define him by. The book at the library defined what the stone was but little else. Fire opal.

Fire opals are transparent to translucent opals with warm body colors yellow, orange, orange-yellow or red and they do not usually show any play-of-color, although occasionally a stone will exhibit bright green flashes. The most famous source of fire opals is the state of Queretaro in Mexico and these opals are commonly called Mexican fire opals.
from Opal

Jasa wondered briefly if that was where the stone mix they were using had come from. Quite possibly as the image that was in the book was nearly identical to the one he seemed to be made of. But little stated anything about the type of creature he was. Or that there even was a creature of his type in such a rock.

She loved the color of the stone and thought that perhaps a bracelet of fire opal would be something she would look for. One day when she had the money and the knowledge to go find one. It was sure to be expensive. Perhaps a trip there might be possible in the near future but that would be after she found out a bit more since she'd most likely have to take him with her.

Her main problem at the moment was work. Jasa sighed, shoving her hair back from her face as she retied it. He would have to go. The biggest problem was going to keep him out of sight and close to her. She glanced at the apron she usually wore. There was a large pocket on the front but with the work she did, she might squish him. He would have to go into a shirt pocket. And hopefully he'd remain there.

It was too much to hope for. He continually slipped out of her pocket until she was thoroughly frustrated. She would put him back and out he would go. Finally she put Rukurai into the larger apron pocket hoping that it would deter him more.

The wisp moved upwards tendrils pulling and tugging him to the top. It was almost as if he were laughing at her and trying to peek at what she was doing the way a child peeked around their corner to see what their mother was doing. She almost suspected his actions were to try to get away with something.

Jasa was amused at his actions but made certain noone saw him as she went about her job. When it was finally lunch, she stepped outside, carrying her food to an area of grass and trees. The day was warm and she was enjoying it.

It was just after lunch when he went missing. Frantically she searched the table and floor, the bins of dirt and rocks. She even went so far as to unpot the three plants she had been working on thinking she had buried him there in one of them. The last time she had seen him he was poking around inside one.

Moving to the side, the wisp drifted as if inspecting what she was now doing. At first she never noticed.

"Of course..." she muttered. "he would choose now to disappear." He was not in either of the pots and not even in the third one. She quickly shoved the rocks and soil back in, pressing the plant into place after placing the correct soil around its stem.

Glancing to the side in annoyance at the movement she caught out of the corner of her eye, she growled, "You... are you trying to get me fired? Stay here." Slipping him back into the apron pocket, she was sure he was once more amused at her actions. Soon he was back at the top hanging on as before. Silently, she shook her head. He was definitely trouble. Definitely.

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:14 pm
User Image
Something In Common
Joint with Trivii` Transcribed from AIM rp

User Image

Trivii`
If the heat outside was cloying, then the combined heat and humidity of the nursery should have been suffocating.

Somehow it wasn't, as Trivii pushed open the door, the bells tinkled and she was greeted by scents that could intoxicate, and her blood started pumping, this is what she wanted.

"Hello?"

Eftemie
Jasa glanced over at the door at the sound of the bells. A smile on her face, she asked, "Can I help you? Are you looking for something in particular?"

It never occurred to her that she had not slid Ruku back into her apron pocket. He was half hidden behind the watering can, but at least he was behaving himself and not teasing her by weaving in and out of the pots sitting on the table. The dead leaves, that naturally occurred, Jasa quickly scooped off into the bin beside her. It would be dumped later.

Trivii`
Smiling vibrantly Trivii glanced around, "I know it sounds trite.... But I'm looking for something that smells good." Taking afew gliding strides forward she offered a hand "Triveni Viscarin, Trivii if you like. I bought the old Richards Farm."

Working on the assumption that, that information would mean something to the shop girl she glanced about curious.

Nell vibrated and shimmered as she slipped free of Trivii's purse, all together not caring about the shop girl, wisps and tangles of shadow coming with her.

Flushing, Trivii acted casual, "Thats Nell. You don't mind do you?"
Eftemie
"Jasamine Du Lac, or Jasa as everyone calls me." she replied smiling as she took Triveni's hand. "I'm glad someone finally got that old place. It was pretty once and could be again."

She thought for a moment. "It depends on if you want to stick with flowers or shrubs and trees. Lilacs would smell wonderful in the spring, but towards summer you'd want something more like..." Jasa blinked suddenly stopping to stare at the stone. "Nell?" she repeated blinking several times more.

"I um... do you know what that is? I only ask because a kid cracked a pot one day and I took it home. I found.. in the gravel.. well.. it's just easier to show you I think." She flushed as red as Trivii had as she moved the pot aside to reveal Rukurai curling his tendrils around some of the dead leaves she had missed. "I call him Rukurai or Ruku for short. Yours is the first I've seen. Other than him."

Trivii`
Gnawing at the inside of her lip for a second, she opted to address Nell first. "Nell, short for Carnelian. She sort of adopted me a little more than a year ago. She's a Wisp, I can't give you a great explanation, If you want to know more you would need to go into the little jewelry store Twilight Designs." Reaching out she cupped a hand around Nel luring her back. "They are kind of a spiritual parasite from my understanding, they bond with a person and share life energy with them as they mature.... Its a variety of rebirth for them."

Smiling, "There are a few of us is similar positions to you, Nell claimed me when I was shopping for a ring, I put on a ring and she shot out of the setting."

Moving to the side some she continued, "Reyna's the owner. Mystic is hers...." She floated a hand vaguely about Nell.

"They grow, just like we do, from what I have figured this is their verson of infancy."

Eftemie
"I will have to check the shop out later then. I did figure out the stone and that he likes being warm. He is constantly knocking over my cups of anything iced. I've taken to using styrofoam cups so he doesn't feel the cold if he brushes against it." Jasa nodded turning with Trivii as she moved.

"A wisp.. So he's just a baby yet. That explains a few things. He seems to want to remain close and stay warm inside pockets and things. I've taken to wearing an apron around the house just so he can ride in the pocket. Easier to keep track of him." She laughed at the later. "He seems to get into alot."

Picking Ruku up, she held him gently a moment, then tucked him into her pocket. "My boss has not seen him yet. I'm not quite sure what she will do if I have him at work but I just couldn't leave him home alone. He seemed to need me."

"So do you have an idea what plants or colors you have in mind?" she asked, watching Nell for a long moment. "Night blooming jasmine smells wonderfully also. We just got a large shipment of it in. The blossoms open at nightfall and they scent the air after dark. Very fragrant."

Trivii`
Nell was reluctant to be relocated, tendrils of darkness reaching towards the pocket Ruku and just been banished to.

Smiling she laughed at the minor antics described by Jasa. "Nell just wants to be at the center of everything, she hasn't broken anything, been stolen by frost pixies, but never broken anything." Relaxing into the banter she contemplated the rows of starts and cuttings.

Trivii`
"Jasmine sounds nice. I would like to do a hedge of Lilac and some wisteria near the house, I have a kitchen garden in addition to decorating, and of course the fields, I thought I could convert into orchards. So Tree's and herbs too, if you have much in stock I would love to see anything like that."

Eftemie
"We have a good selection of all the herbs. It's simply a matter of picking out how many plants you want based on what you think you will use. Wisteria.. I think we still have some in small pots. Those go pretty quickly around her. And the jasmine... It just came in on the truck so you get first choice of it. Minus the two I put back for myself of course." She laughed, shrugging. "I may have to start my own greenhouse if I keep this up. My apartment gets smaller and smaller each day."

Ruku was working his way free of her pocket, tiny tendrils sneaking their way upwards and out. Jasa knew but ignored it. At least she knew where he was for now.

"Trees.. are a different matter. Most plant before now, but I think there are four or five varieties of apple trees as well as two types of cherry, and possibly even a couple pecan trees left outside. The trees you will want to make sure you water them all summer even if they seem to have gotten hold and are growing. The first year is the hardest on them and more water will give them the root system you will want for them to last. And if you decide on the pecan trees, you will want to get at least two or three trees to cross pollinate each other otherwise you have to rely entirely on bees and other things for that and they don't always do so."

Trivii`
"Lets see the Jasmine then, does it need a partner to polinate?"

Free! Nell slipped from the purse again, sparkling and shimmering from inside her cloaks of shadows, more interested in the other Wisp than silly things like flowers.

Hissing slightly and giving a resigned look, "You may as well know, you are not in control of anything right?" Shaking her head she fell in beside Jasa to be lead through the green house. Clearing her mind with a warning look at Nell she continued. "I don't know the soil quallity yet, so I'm prepared to pre-order in Trees for next year, just knowing what grows well will be a start. For Herbs I want to containerize so some can come in-doors through winter so younger starts are fine, the basics, rosemary, mint, I have a ginger bulb rooting at home now, basil and chamomile, Just essentials, and lavander I found the remains of lanavder near the door, I thought I could plant it allong my walk way."

Smiling charmingly with a hint of self depreciation. "I'm sure I'm puting the cart before the horse, but this is my first home... I'll probably need a gradner by next spring."

Eftemie
Rukurai stopped at the top of the pocket the moment Jasa started moving. His tendrils still wiggled but they also clung to the fabric.

Jasa nodded. "That is a good idea on the orchard. We can preorder the trees for you and get them in early for you. And you should have a test done on the soil. It's not really hard. We have a kit that will help you figure out what type of soil you need for the trees you order. I'm going to suggest that you get one of those and do that before ordering your trees. You might have soil that is too acidic and some of the ways to correct it needs a bit of time. So checking now is to your benefit."

Stopping at the table of herbs, Jasa picked out the best of each type Trivii wanted. Making sure each had a tag in the pot, she placed them into a nearby cart, one of the smaller ones she herself used to move things about the greenhouse. "If you are going to bring them in for the winter, I'd suggest you put them into larger pots for the first year, then place them outside grouping them closely together. Square pots are best for that. Then you don't have to repot them in the fall and take them inside. It gives you an idea of which are going to grow best for you. The downside to that is they will need to be repotted or planted the next spring to give them more."

"Let's see.. rosemary, mint, basil, and chamomile. If these do well, you might think about bay, fennel, and garlic next year." Jasa added as she rechecked to make sure she had them all. For a moment she calculated. "This lavendar should be planted about 12 to 15 inches apart to allow for decent growth. Three or four plants would do about five feet. Is that enough or do you need more?"

Trivii`
Trivii studdied the table trying to do head math. Depth and distance. "I would have to test the soil once for every quarter acre...... so I might need four of five kits. It would give me a chance to do some reading before I plant, maybe hire some help. It takes what five years for trees to start bearing fruit...?"

Watching the herbs get placed in the cart, adding afew more of each without asking first, plants of almost any kind grew best with at least one other of like kind. "I think I want the pots to be a little unique, like the house, is there a good pottery place arround here? Or what do you have in stock?" Smiling almost shy Trivii added, "You should see the space thats set asidefor my kitchen garden, I don't doubt I'll have to grow a few more things..."

Selecting a small rosemary plant Trivii sniffed at it delicately, always a favorite of hers. "Make it an even six on the lavander, I plan on harvesting it regularly, I have an amaizing for lavander and mint butter cream frosting. Maybe you could bring Ruku out for Tea."

Eftemie
"Usually about five years although there are some other types that bear a bit sooner. If you are testing the soil this year then you would have time to research them. I can send you some sites via email if you would like." Jasa offered, as she added the rest of the lavendar to the cart.

"Those pots we have are pretty standard except for a few. There is a potter nearby that we get our specialty pots from. He has far more than we do. I usually recommend him since he could make whatever you needed."

She watched Trivii a moment, smiling. "I'd like to see your garden. It would be easier to give you some ideas with all the space that is out there. I'm sure Ruku would enjoy it."

Trivii`
A flashing grin lit up her face as she studied the cart and thought about her back account... and the possibility of a new friend, and tugged a business card out of her pocked, that still read Free Lance Writer and Research. "I'de like that info, I'de also like to hear from you about tea."

Hauling her wisp back and tucking her in the purse Triv smiled, "We can comiserate. there has been a lot of other things surrounding them that I would love to tell you about in a less public location."

Eftemie
Jasa nodded, smiling. "I'll send you those links and about tea. And I'd like to know more. You've given me more than I had. I was not quite sure what he was in the beginning. Rather freaked me out which only seemed to amuse him." Her fingers brushed the top of the pocket where he was. "I'm surprised he remained in the pocket except that it's probably warm there."

She glanced at the plants in the cart. "This should get you started at least. I've got an herb garden of my own at home. All indoors though, since I live in an apartment but it has one glassed in room that is warm even in the winter so I've turned it into a sort of greenroom. I'll see if I have any rarer herbs that we don't sell anymore and bring you some starts off them when we come to tea. And I
think I have a book at home on orchards that you can borrow. It might help."

Ruku reached out tendrils sliding across Jasa's fingers for a moment before twining around a finger for a few seconds.

Trivii`
"That would be great.. can you think of anything else that I need?" Trivii leaved her hip against the ajacent table.

Eftemie
"Not that I can think of, Trivii." Jasa laughed as she rang up the purchases. "When I come to tea, I'll help you do these tests if you want. No sense in you doing it alone. You can hire someone when you get the trees next spring or if you need something done to the soil." She would help her get the plants into her car also.

Trivii`
Leading the way from the nursery, the dry was a welcome change, she hadn't realized that moisture had already begun to dew on her skin until a dry breeze licked over her.

Summer was an amaizing time of year.

Opening a back door and then climbing in front to start the air conditioner cycling, Trivii collected the Lavander and reaching through put it on the front passenger seet. "You can put the flats on the back seet, I'll keep the trunk clear for the pots and planters, I doubt they need climate control." She smiled.

Eftemie
"No, I don't think they do." Jasa agreed, smiling as she placed the trays on the seat as asked. When they were finished, she nodded to Trivii after checking to ensure that Ruku was still in her pocket. "Look for that information tonight. I'll send it as soon as I get home after six. It was nice meeting you, Trivii. Drive safely."
Noting other customers entering the greenhouse, she moved towards the building. It had been a very good afternoon and she looked forwards to the tea. It would be fun for both she and Ruku to have some space without worrying what others would wonder or fear.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:59 pm
User Image
At Home

User Image

As spring progressed into summer, Jasa's friendship with Trivii blossomed. Whenever she got extra plants or separated those she had, she frequently took them to the girl to plant in her own gardens. Most thrived under the watchful care given when placing them into pots or the ground.

Jasa always let her know when something new came in that was rare or of exceptional quality. But during this time she spent more moments watching Rukurai. The wisp still looked the same as always. Tendrils reaching outwards to grasp as if inspecting. She quite often held him in the palm of her hand. At times she even fell asleep with him sitting just under her chin. The wisp never seemed far from her.

But today it was time to update the journal she had started.

User Image

Strangely most of her writing so far had been contained on one page, but as he and she had been more active, she continued writing at the top of the next page. There was just more to say and she hesitated several times while trying to figure out what to say about him and the things happening.

User Image

There was more to say, but Jasa yawned as she shut the book, laying the pen down beside it. It would have to wait for another day. She had to be up to work early the next day and it was getting harder and harder to hide Ruku as he became more and more active in her life. A faint smile crossed her face as she remembered scrambling back from him upon first seeing him.

"It's different now." she said softly. "I think I would miss him if he were gone. Odd how things like that happen."

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:07 am
User Image
Teatime
Joint with Trivii`

User Image

Eftemie
It did not take her long to find the teahouse. The place bustled with activity but not so much that she had to wait on a table to one side and slightly away from the door. It was getting colder out and Jasa was wearing a fleece jacket, bluish violet in color but with tiny fall leaves strewn in various sizes falling across the shoulders and down the back.

Sitting down, she waited as the waitress handed her a menu. Ordering a pot of tea, she said, "There will be two of us. We will order when she gets here." She knew that Trivii wanted to do an article on this place, but that was up for her friend to say herself.

Glancing around, Jasa took in the decor. A basic oriental teahouse but there was a definite old euro style influence to it. Both had been integrated nicely and in fact complimented one another with rich wood and porcelain.

Rukurai was in her pocket as she took off her jacket. For the most part he was curled up inside trying to remain warm. As she removed her jacket, he began to stir slightly, a few tendrils sliding upwards to top of the pocket on her sweater. He was barely noticeable and slid back downwards as the door was opened and a bit of cool air crossed the room passing over those nearest.

Jasa snickered feeling a bit of annoyance from him. She had known he would be that way when she laughed. It did not seem that long ago she had found him but she was getting to know him very well. He did not like her to be amused at him, but liked it turned around to his advantage. Sometimes she was sure he was a spoiled petulant child, but there had been no attempt at changing and she still had not gotten into the shop that Trivii had mentioned to find out more about him. The girl was beginning to wonder if it really mattered. They were both happy together so why upset the barrel of apples without necessity.

Trivii`
Trivii was a ball of evergy, up since well before sunrise and aura of acomplishment settled around her. Nell tucked carefully inside the oversized cream colored cable-knit sweater, steel grey slacks and polished black ankle boots finished off the business casual apearance, neat leather gloves protecting her hands she hurried along the streets, her hair finding its way free of its combs.

There was a bite to the air that hinted at change. And she was running late, a quick glance at her watch confirmed as she pressed against the door of the tea house and pushed in. She scanned and heaved a releived sigh when she spotted Jasa was just giving her order to the waitress. Placing a hand firmly over where Nell was settled she smiled and purred her greating.

"Jasa!" Moving up on the table she settled across from her new friend. "It has been an amaizing day, I'm sorry I'm running behind." Glancing at the waitress she smiled and locked sparkling eyes on her companion. "How have you been?"

Eftemie
Glancing up, Jasa smiled widely as she saw Trivii coming her way. "Triv, right on time. I just ordered something to drink for us since I wanted to wait on you before I ordered food. And busy. This time of year is always like that. Lots of potted plants getting sent out. As well as one big order for poinsettias for a solstice party of some sort. They said they plan to give the plants away as gifts."

Laughing, she shoved her hair back from her eyes, at least the one strand that was always slipping free and falling forwards as if it had a mind of its own. "I took the rest of the day off." She patted her shirt pocket with a slight smirk. "Ruku is not pleased at all by being out in the cold. So what are you doing for the holidays?"

Glancing at the waitress who had returned with the teapot and cups, Jasa gave her an order for food and then turned back to Triv. Hot and sour soup with shrimp lo mein sounded really good and the smells from the kitchen were amazing to her nose.

"I'm rather annoyed at my parents. They've decided to go away for the holidays to visit other family they've not seen in awhile. But I'm not telling them that at work. I'll get stuck working last minute." she commented as she poured each of them a cup of tea. She was always happy to see Trivii and she was sure Nell was tucked away somewhere unseen. Just like Ruku.

Trivii`
Releived, Trivii grinned settling back and removing her gloves wrapped long fingered hands around the small bowl like cup. The scent was intoxicating and floral, somehow not surprisingly, jasmine or a house blend she guessed, sipping without sweetening as Jasa ran down.

It was nice having a friend, especially such a kindred spirit.

"Do you want the truth? Or the polished version?" Noting the slight arch of Jasa's brow she grinned.

"I haven't made plans for the holidays, its my first Solstice in the new house, I was thinking of decorating, hanging wreaths.... buying poinsettias...." She grinned broader, glancing at the menu and deciding vaguely.... before addressing the waitress with her order for a spicy szechuan beef, and waiting for the waitress to depart.

"I have a small problem though and I don't want you to think I'm insane." Digging out a small note pad she made some minor notes on the tea and atmosphere, locking eyes with Jasa, "I don't think you'll have a problem helping me but I don't know how to ask."

Eftemie
Raising an eyebrow, she watched Trivii for a long moment. Then her lips twitched in amusement as she continued to watch her friend. Finally laughing lightly, Jasa asked, "So you were trying to figure out how to ask me to help over the holidays. Well, it appears I'm all yours since they will be gone. What do you need and when?"

Then she added in amusement after sipping the tea, "It won't take long to pack up a few clothes and Ruku and get there. When do you want us? And the sooner you get the stuff bought the better. There won't be much around in less than a week. I know the holidays are a few weeks away but any later than now to order or buy and you will take whatever is left."

As she thought about it, Jasa decided that perhaps a holiday in the country was just what she needed. Trivii was just far enough out to be alone but close enough to get whatever she wanted. Maybe she would have to look into buying some small cottage somewhere and dressing it up in plants to suit herself.

Trivii`
Grinning and releived Trivii took a long sip of her tea. "Feel free to move out whenever you like, this afternoon even, I have plenty of room... I wanted to go ultra traditional, just like the farmhouse itself... Antebellum. But it won't be as easy as you think, and this is why I really didn't know how to ask."

Keeping her hands occupied she straightened her napkin in her lap. "I have pests... not like cochroaches or mice though, a small army of Pixies took up residence last winter and this last spring I had a moth prince... err Faery move in too. Its terrible, they break things, make noise, freeze rooms, put on light shows."

Taking another sip of tea she continued, "Helping me would be a full time job for you, but if your game and don't mind we can start shopping after tea. I was just given an advance on a novella so the budget won't be worth worrying about."

Eftemie
"Antebellum... You really are going all out..." Jasa winced slightly. "but it suits the farm well. You will want to figure out where you want the garlands and then measure those spaces to get an idea of how much you need. And of course red bows and wreaths to add for the outside. I mean.. are you decorating just for yourself or for something more?"

Jasa frowned slightly as she tried to calculate exactly what Trivii was up to. "Are you just decorating or planning a party also? If a party, then a costume ball circa that era would be rather interesting. But you would want to get that planned and invitations out. If it's simply for you, then none of that matters."

The waitress carried their food out, placing the plates before them. Turning around, she took the fresh teapot from the waitress with her, exchanging it for the cooling one on the table. Smiling at both, she moved away, disappearing in the kitchen.

"I think Ruku and I should come this afternoon. With two of us measuring and deciding it will be much easier to figure out what you need and where to find it. There is one company we use that we could go see directly if it is a certain amount. They will give you a discount depending on the size of the order for wreaths and garlands and even deliver it to your doorstep. For a bit extra you could hire one of the kids from the nursery to help put up the garlands."

Trivii`
Smiling at the waitress, she took one last sip of her cooling tea, laughing and releived, Trivii nodded. "Starting today would be great." Breaking appart chop sticks she began pulling the tiny peppers out of her meal and setting them aside.

"I want losts of ribbon, I'm not too fond of garland, so just the stairs and front porch. As many velvet bows as we can manage, and all white lights..."

Pausing she thought about it a moment.

"While I have wanted to host a party ever since I finished renovating, I have plans to attend someone elses this year... No, I think the decorating would be just for me, and maybe a stray friend or two."

Regaining her natural energy, Triv eyed her friend, "You sure jumped on the idea of helping me, you really don't want to be stuck working over the holiday do you?"

Eftemie
Making a mental note of what Triv said she wanted, Jasa began to eat. A frown crossed her face at the thought of working at the nursery. "No. I mean, I love the nursery and such but I've worked the last few years during the holidays heading to my parents' house last minute. If I'm at home, they will call."

"I don't plan to be home." she smirked, then shrugged. "I know it's sort of selfish but even I need a break from there sometimes. Besides, it will be more fun to help you. And Nell and Ruku have a chance to be around each other a bit. I've still not had time to head to the shop that you told me about either to find out more about him. Hopefully after the holidays I will."

"I can still come back to town to water my plants until we are finished but noone will even know I'm here this way, and I have all my holiday gifts bought and wrapped already." Turning her attention back to her food, she smiled. "This is really good. I might have to eat here more often."

Ruku had remained settled down inside the pocket. He seemed warm and comfortable so Jasa never disturbed him from where he was while she ate. Every so often he did give her a break from chasing him around.

Trivii`
The mildly spicy savory textures and almost sweet taste left on her palate had Trivii's eyes rolling in bliss with her first bite. It couldn't have been better if she had been sitting at a table in a restaurant located in Asia rather than the Asian themed.

Oh she definately wanted to write this place up for the locals, it was new enough that not everyone had eaten there. Looking at Jasa she smiled as she saw a similar pleasure on her companions face.

"I would like to let them... Do shadows play?" She smiled almost laughing. "Well as long as you don't mind helping, I have set up large scale events for huge households... But I don't seem to know where to start, I cannot stress enough, the Pixies are a problem."

Finishing off her tea and scooping a small amount of rice onto her plate, she focused on enjoying the meal, checking several times to be sure that Nell hadn't gone to explore.

"Do you think we can go and get some poinsettias and a few wreathes before we measure?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:40 pm
User Image
Mischief Maker

User Image

Jasa stood in the dining room putting away the dishes she had just washed back into the hutch. These particular dishes got cleaned once every couple months if they had not been used for dinner. Her normal dishes were in the kitchen cupboard and were used each day but these collected dust more often than not.

The wisp drifted nearby, here one minute, there the next. He was searching out the dishes as she washed them in the warm water. Once he had even slipped into the water with a splash causing her to stare in surprise as it splattered all over her. His amusement slipped out as he hovered up into the air, suds covered.

"Well, I didn't know I was giving you a bath, Ruku. Behave yourself and stay out of there," she laughed as she grabbed hold of him to wipe the bubbles off. "Or you might go down the drain."

The wisp wriggled trying to get free of her as she swiped at him. When she let go, he was pushing against her so hard that he went spinning into the air. Ruku spun entirely around before he stopped himself to hover a moment. Moving towards the other end of the counter, he explored the surface as she continued her washing.

It took him several minutes to finish the entire area as she moved in and out of the room. Twice he moved towards the doorway as if to inspect her work. Once he slipped into the hutch only to have her pull him out and set him on the table nearby. Of course she scolded him which only seemed to amuse him more.

It was then he slipped back into the kitchen, his tendrils tugging at knobs and buttons. The blender he covered from top to bottom, his tendrils tracing each edge as if memorizing them. The coffee maker was still warm and he hugged it for some time. But when it began to cool, he moved away and on down the counter in his exploration.

It was then he stumbled onto the ice maker. It was almost as if he did not remember the appliance being there. As he moved upwards, tendrils exploring smoothly over the edges, he came to the button area. The ice maker sprang to life as he pushed and pulled on it. The vibrations caused him to shudder and shake and again his amusement slipped into the air.

One could almost wonder if he were imagining a dragon coming to life in the sound, the rattle, and shake. If so, then the dragon was much larger and fierce a beast than had been seen in some time. He had moved to the side to explore the movement when suddenly he was buried. The crushed ice dropped, showering over him in a cascade of the white stuff. Rukurai began to thrash around trying to get out of the cold.

When he finally got free of it, the wisp simply hovered for a long time. He shook every so often before he finally began to move again. It was obvious that he was annoyed as his tendrils began to twitch back and forth. Moving warily closer, he approached as if it were indeed a killer dragon that had tried to destroy him. Another shower of ice dropped to the counter as he moved quickly to the side. Its freezing breath was aimed at him and the wisp moved around to the side as if approaching from behind the dragon to ambush it.

Then he moved as if he were jumping forwards to surprise the creature, heat radiating off him. He was angry that this thing thought to toss freezing breath his way. He moved closer and closer. The plastic panel began to smoke a little and then to melt. In another moment, the motor was clunking and began to make an awful racket. Just as he moved away, it sputtered and died causing a sense of satisfaction to fill him as he hovered moving across the room.

Jasa entered carrying several dishes, but wrinkled her nose at the smell. "What on earth...?" she murmurred in confusion. Putting the dishes safely in the water, she moved around the kitchen until she spotted the ice maker. The back of it was smoking slightly and she pulled it around, unplugging it quickly.

"Again?" she sighed in annoyance. "Why is it I cannot keep these things? Do I just find the ones that are defective or what?" The ice had begun melting already and she cleaned up the mess as quickly as she could, dropping the machine into the garbage. "I guess I need a new one again."

"What do you think, Ruku? A trip to the store when I'm finished with the dishes?" she asked, watching him a moment. Her eyes narrowed at what she was feeling from him. He had an overwhelming sense of satisfaction coming from him.

The wisp continued to hover and explore his way around as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. The little mischief maker had slain his dragon and he awaited the arrival of the next one.  

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:58 pm
User Image
Getting Ready

User Image

As she packed to go, Jasa completely forgot about Ruku. She pulled the bags from the closet, tossing them to the center of her bed. If she was going to be there for the holidays, then she would need more than just a few clothes. Right?

But how much was too much? Her thoughts wandered as she tossed a third bag forwards. This one she would take some books or sketching paper and pens with her. They might need something to plan their decorations.

The first bag she began placing clothing in she pulled from the dresser. Delicate items and pajamas were stacked neatly on the bottom. Then a few shirts and pants were tossed in but the bag was mostly full. Grabbing the second bag, the girl began filling it with essentials. When she came to the third and final bag, the only things she could add were makeup, a bit of jewelry, and some bath supplies. Anything else Jasa would have to grab at a store or just not worry about them.

His curiousity got the better of him as he moved closer trying to understand what she was doing. Slipping into the pocket, the wisp got touchy feely with the things there. His tendrils were exploring what she shoved inside when suddenly several things were pushed on top of him. It was a tight fit and he panicked a bit at the lack of space.

She never noticed as she zipped the suitcases up tightly. A heavy coat was grabbed and tossed on top as she began a quick search for her gloves.

"I think that's it." she murmurred to herself as she moved the bags to the door. "Now am I forgetting anything?" She glanced around the bedroom quickly, deciding there was nothing. She had already told Mr. Durmand below that she was going to be gone knowing that he would watch over the place for her. She would have to return to water the plants though.

Frowning slightly she knew there was something she was forgetting. Something was missing.

"Ruku?!!" A quick turn around the room revealed he was not there. A frown flickered across her expression. "Ruku?" she repeated, moving into the next room. Her cursory glance over this room too revealed he was nowhere to be seen.

With a growl slipping out, Jasa searched each room. He was nowhere. "Ruku!" she demanded. "Where are you?" For the next hour she looked but finally sat down in frustration as much in confusion that he was suddenly gone. Grabbing the coat, she moved to the doors planning to go outside to look for him. Maybe he had gotten out when she was downstairs.

Worried because it was so cold out, Jasa reached for the door when her suitcase moved. She blinked.

"Oh my god! You didn't!" she smirked as she dropped the coat and sat down beside the bag on the floor. A quick unzip and she found him moving around as if searching a way out. "You really are silly sometimes. Worrying me like that."

The wisp wrapped a tendril around her hand, finally finding something familiar. The panic had slid away at the opening of the suitcase. Now only amusement rippled thru him.

Jasa sighed. "You are laughing at me again. Aren't you?"

Then, "Of course you are. I'm ready to go. I hope you are."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:56 pm
User Image
Flowers

User Image

She knew of the festival and what everyone did during it. This was when flowers were given away to friends and loved ones. Her parents were out of town. Of course. But she did want to give a few flowers out to people she knew. As the wisp hovered in her hand, she explained to him. In detail.

The wisp twirled around her fingers again and again. If he understood her, he gave no indication as he continued to swirl around her. He seemed to be playing.

Laughing Jasa set him aside on the table, then picked up a pot. She ran her fingers over it, feeling the cool smoothness of the ceramic with its glazed coating. These pots held a fondness for her and she almost always planted her gifts in them. She quickly filled it with a bit of gravel. "It needs drainage and this size is the best. At least I think so. See?" Holding it over to him, she laughed knowing he most likely could see nothing at all. She had yet to find eyes on him.

The wisp reached out touching the pot with tendrils clinging. Then he slid directly into the pot. Amusement slipped free.

"Then it takes soil," she added, carefully scooping the rich loam into her hand. Each pot got a generous portion. Then she stopped studying the plants for a long moment. Picking up one of the blue ones she held it out to him. "This is called lucidaeus. Giving it to a friend is said to represent honesty. Do you know what that means?" A laugh slipped free. "Probably not. So nevermind."

The wisp twirled around the pots, weaving between them. He explored the smooth surfaces and if he understood her, he was not paying attention.

"This flower," she continued ignoring his actions while she pressed the plant into the pot. Her fingers nimbly ensured that the soil was firmly around the root, but there was a gentleness even with the strength there. "Well, it is called a phoenix feather. The blossoms are not feather like but once it begins to wither, the true beauty of its name appears. It bursts into flames but does no harm to those things around it. I saw an entire field of them once. It was spectacular to see them breaking into fire one after another. They represent passion, love, and rebirth. I guess you'd not know much about that."

Jasa continued until all the blue and red flowers were planted, then she picked up the yellow on. "This is a golden lyric. It sings in the wind," she said as she glanced over at the wisp.

He was still playing his game of hide and seek with the pots and plants. His tendrils explored a leaf here or one there as he slipped through them. It was with the attitude that he did not understand or did not care. It was unknown which.

She sighed. "You are not even paying attention to me. Since it does not seem to matter to you. I guess you don't need to know what the other two plants are. Well, I'll finish these and then we can deliver them." Jasa knew that some part of him heard her and perhaps even understood. But this was not exactly about him or her. It was about giving the flowers. And that is what she would do.  

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:12 pm
User Image
Solstace Day 1

User Image

((OOC the part of Mr. Durmand is played by a RL friend who wanted to try roleplaying. I just did not format it as such, but if I need to, I will and put her name there.))

----
Jasa stared at the date on the calendar. December 28th. Trivii was doing things she needed to and Nell was with her. The ice fairies had finally left Ruku alone but htey had not left a good impression on him.

His tendrils were wrapped around her fingers as she held him in the palm of her hand. It was warm but he also liked the sound of her voice. Well not exactly. He felt the emotions she had as she spoke to him and they were warm enough.

She wriggled a finger as she told him of the festivals and the way they were both celebrated. Even how she had heard they came together. A smile crossed her face as she asked, "What do you think? Shall we go see Mr. Durmand? And take him a flower?"

Still holding him, Jasa got to her feet. "Well, I know we don't have any mirtoche vine, but what if we take him a plate of cookies and some of those fresh sweet rolls? And... " she thought silently for a long moment of the flowers she had at home. "Perhaps.. the extra golden lyric that I have. It is supposed to represent joy and playfulness. I think that suits you, no?"

A faint smirk slipped over her face as she put him down to put on her coat, hat, and gloves. Pushing him into the pocket, she made sure he would not get squished there before heading outside.

The roads were slush but not bad so long as she returned before dark. Jasa was sure that the ice and snow would be no trouble at all.

"Are you ready for this?" she asked as she picked up the plate of cookies and rolls.

Nearly an hour later, she arrived at her apartment. Keeping Ruku in her pocket, just so she'd not have to hunt him down, the girl picked up the lyric plant and then locked the place up again.

At the bottom of the stairs, she shifted the flowerpot and plate so that she had a hand free to knock on the door. She could hear the man moving around inside as she waited on his step.

He stood in the doorway watching her as he opened it, a faint smile crossing his face. "Jasa. Come in. Come in." Opening the door wider, he stepped aside so that she could enter his residence.

"I brought something for you. After all it is the Day of Fellowship." she laughed, handing him the plant and the plate. Taking her coat off, she scooped Rukurai out of the pocket. "You've not met Rukurai. Well, that's what I call him anyhow."

"I suppose you baked these yourself. You spoil me, girl." the old man laughed, indicating the chair nearby. "I've got a pot of tea warming now, so we will have some and the sweets you brought with you."

Putting on his glasses, he turned to watch Rukurai warp a tendril around Jasa's hand. "What is it that you have there? Can't say I've ever seen anything like him."

"Is that a rock? No. It can't be with those things growing out of it. Do you know what he is?"

"Well sort of. " She replied, as he reached a finger out to touch Rukurai gently.

The wisp pulled away from the man's hand, but only to the safety of Jasa's. She laughed as he tickled her palm.

"Well, he is rather interesting. He?" the man hesitated, blinking in surprise. "I don't suppose you really know that."

"No, but I think it's a he from what I feel." she laughed again, teasing a tendril for a moment. "I just get the impression and he seems to like the greenhouse. Well, the heat anyhow. He's funny that way. Likes warm places."

"At Trivii`'s, well.. she has some ice fairies, pixies.. something like that. They like to tease Ruku knowing he likes to stay warm. They attack the minute we enter the house. It's funny, but I'm getting tired of getting pelted."

"A war, huh?" he laughed. "I could see how that might bother him. He seems to be fire opal but still, warmth would suit him. But how does he fight back?"

"He doesn't." she giggled. "Well, not yet. He will grow. At least from what I've heard." she said placing him on the table. "I'm staying until New Year's Day. We should be home that night."

"I'll keep an eye on the place until then, Jasa." he said getting to his feet as she did. Holding her coat for her, he waited while she put her arms in the sleeves.

"Back to the pixies." she giggled, and then added, "Have a good day."

"You, too, child." he replied with a wide smile. As he closed the door, he glanced towards the plant she had brought him. It was an unexpected pleasure. After the holidays he would find out from her how to take care of it. For now, he planned just to enjoy the gift.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 pm
User Image
Solstace Day 2

User Image

Today is the 29th of December and we are still at Trivii's house. At least until after the new year.

I read all the information to Rukurai on both festivals. He seemed to listen. Well, as much as a rock can. I'm not sure he understood anything, but he seemed to be listening. It really doesn't matter. Ruku sat perfectly still in the palm of my hand, tendrils wrapped around my fingers.

But as I thought about the stories myself, I decided that we would look for the shop that Trivii had told me of.

Of course.... it never happened.

The little brat waited until I put my coat on and then vanished. I looked all over the room thinking he had squeezed himself down into some corner. Then I found him behind the curtains at the window. he was pressed up against the slightly frosty surface just sitting there. I'm still not sure how much he understood, but his actions indicated he may have.

Then he melted all the beautiful frost scattered across the glass making it a warm wet mess. He almost seemed pleased- almost as if he was getting back at the ice fairies that Trivii has in some way. I still do not understand him and this war of attrition against anything cold. The windowsill was of course a wet mess dripping down the wall to the floor.

I cleaned it up after tossing my coat to the bed nearby. It is actually amusing now and though I did not make it to the shop, I did get a chance to go outside to look up at the stars. It was not the same as it would have been, but I did see a few constellations I knew.

I will make it to the shop at some point. Perhaps before the festival is over. Perhaps not. But it makes me wonder what other stories and festivals are out there that I do not know about and I wonder if those people that believe such are staring up at the stars as I am.

Most likely. It is something I might look into later. It could be useful. Either way the stars were beautiful tonight in the clarity of the cold night sky and I plan to see them again.

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:46 am
User Image
Solstace Day 3

User Image

Jasa settled into the chair. All morning she had thought about this day. It was one of those days she used to celebrat with her grandparents. Especially her grandfather. It was the 30th day of December and a day when those lost should be remembered.

The girl thought about her parents and the fact that they were on a trip. Again. She could consider them lost, but she knew it would do no good to call them. Would it? Her hand reached for the phone, but stopped before it got there. She sighed pulling her hand away. She'd rather make a call to her grandfather than her mother or father. She'd get more from someone dead than they.

He had understood her and what she needed as a child. It was part of what had shaped her as she was now. In fact he had pushed her in ways he had not understood and it was why she had found the courage to pursue what she wanted instead of what her parents had planned for her.

Her fondest times were when she had been a child and staying with him. The memories of being handed a flower to push into the soft earth around his house remained with her. They would both be on their knees and laughing as they gently unpotted and buried the bulbs or roots. She had loved the feel of the rich moist soil in her hands and still did.

"I miss him still." she murmurred picking up her cup of tea.

Ruku had been hovering nearby and he moved towards her. A sense of curiosity slipped out from him as he settled onto the arm of the chair she was sitting in.

Glanding down, she smiled holding out her hand for the wisp. "I'm sorry. I was just thinking of my grandfather. Today is supposed ot remember those lost. He was an incredible man. I used to go to his house to say on weekends or more. My parents were gone on trips alot." she explained as if he could understand each word.

Ruku settled into her hand, tendrils wrapping around her fingers. A bit of heat radiated for a moment as if he were trying to comfort her.

Jasa smiled slightly. "Anyhow when I stayed with him, life seemed brighter somehow. We would go to the store the moment I arrived and buy some sort of flower. Even if he really did not need the plants around his house, we would find some appropriate space for them. The next time I would come, he would let me pick a fwe and put them into a vase in my room."

She laughed. "I guess I really am feeling maudlin, Ruku." Her fingers teased the shadowy tendrils a moment. "I know. Let's go back some cookies. I have just the recipe. My grandfather's favorite."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:48 am
User Image
Solstace Day 4

User Image

It was the end of a long day and Jasa was tired. But when she noted the diary sitting nearby, she stopped. A sigh slipped free. She had not updated it in some time. Perhaps she should.

For a long moment she stood there, hesitating, but in the end, she sat down, picked up the pen and book and began.

User Image

User Image

When she was finally finished, the girl glanced around her. The candles were still lit but Ruku was curled up beside the one on the table as if sleeping. Picking him up gently, she carried both he and the candle to her bedroom. He seemed to like the warmth and did not mind the soft light it produced. She still wondered about his ability. It always seemed to have to do with heat. Why was that? One day she would figure it out or get a chance to talk to someone who knew.  

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:49 am
User Image
Solstace Day 5

User Image

Sitting on the couch, curled up with a blanket over her, Jasa sneezed again. Her nose was getting sore from blowing it constantly. It either dripped or was stuffy and she couldn't breathe. First she was too hot and then too cold. Her throat hurt except when she was sucking on losenges, but she was getting tired of the taste and nothing she ate tasted right.

It was just a bad day all around.

Once she had been reaching for her tea and spilled it. That made her get up, grumpily, clean it up and then it took her awhile to get comfortable again. The television played but she could not say what program was on having fallen asleep off and on during the day.

At lunch she tried to eat. It tasted awful after all the medicine she had been taking to try to get past the aches and pains of having a cold. She was just miserable and nothing sufficed to soothe her.

It was getting late when she remembered what she had been planning.

"Well, so much for that, Ruku." she muttered, watching the wisp.

Ruku hovered nearby as he had been doing the entire day. He seemed concerned but at a loss what to do to help. His tendrils hugged her cup when it was not in her hand and he seemed to be enjoying the heat turned higher.

Finally she glanced around spotting her journal. A few moments later she was writing things down. She never kept up on it the way she should, but now was as good a time as any.

User Image

Welcome to Chaos :: Fiend Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces