View Results

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:00 pm
Wow!
Very ahh...
Very southern-y. xd
Sounded fun though! Was the food good?
I often have this issue with the names "Sweet Tea" and "Iced Tea"
See. I'm from the north, so I grew up saying "iced tea" So living down here I'm like "yeah, once iced tea, please?" And most of them go "Oh? one SWEET tea? ok." As if they're trying to correct me or something. It's a bit annoying. Especially since all sweet tea isn't ALWAYS sweet (depending on the person making it), but if iced tea= sweet tea, you can always be sure that it's COLD. Which is why iced tea sounds better to me. Because it makes more sense. But I digress. rolleyes

I guess part of the reason why she's tolerant is not only out of the goodness of her heart, but also because she likes her job and wants to keep it. Therefore, she understands that being tolerant is a part of her job. That's very considerate and sweet of her. It's always nice to know someone is with you, even though, they're not exactly on the same page as you, ya know?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:54 pm
Yes, down here we deep fry everything. Even Twinkies. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The food was very good. I hate eating chicken off of the bone--I'm inept at it and it makes me feel weird, knowing that what I'm eating had veins and bones and a heartbeat, eugh--but it was simply delicious!
Yes, it gets annoying, even being raised here. I refer to unsweetened tea as iced tea and to sweetened tea as...well, sweet tea. My friend, who was born in the middle of the States (around Kansas, I think), always asks for iced tea, but sometimes will call it sweet tea.
She is a very nice woman. She seems to enjoy her job and her coworkers, as well as most of the students.  

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

no1narutofan1992

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:50 pm
My advice to you about the youth group is, if you feel that isn't the right path for you, then kindly remind the girl that you are of Wiccan religion and not Christian, she may follow that religion and be happy with it but you are happier following Wicca.

And as for the 'large' stuck-up bully, there is a girl similar to her in my school, she is very rude to anyone but her friends, even their other friends, such as myself. The way I deal with her is to ignore her. Eventually she'll get bored and leave you alone. If she spreads rumors around about you then just have an apathetic attitude about all of them and kindly tell the kids in school that they aren't true. If she tries to challenge you to a fight, jusyt skip it. She can't force you to attend it, and if it's in school then she'll just get in trouble for hitting you. You may get called a chicken but that will die down eventually and it would be better than getting a reputation for getting in fights.

Blessed be.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:22 pm
I know what it's like to have a teacher who is tolerant about things. We did an exercise in my History class having to with going to heaven and at the time I was aetheist so I simply just said "aetheist" instead of yes I'd pay 10 bucks to get into heaven or no I wouldn't. My History teacher still hasn't let that or the fact I am goth go. He acts differently towards the others than he does towards me. He treats me worse than the others, like there's something wrong with me, like i'm a trouble maker. Alll just because I was a gothic aetheist in the beginning of the school year. I'm still goth, yes, but now Wiccan, even worse in the eyes of my peers. My boyfriend doesn't care he supports me and he listens about it but I know none of my other friends besides my 2 fellow Wiccan friends would accept me if they knew so I keep quiet about my religion for the most part. My reputation at my school is bad enough recently with the factor of my new boyfriend had a very bad rumor spread about him when he dropped out last year, so now since I go out with him everyone is giving me hell about it. But I love him so I don't care how tarnished my reputation gets because of this relationship.

no1narutofan1992

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:58 am
I've been there sweetheart.

I'm in the bible belt as well.

My high school had 250 kids, and i was a Bisexual, hippy pagan... In a school that was all farmers and people from trailer parks...

It was hell. I literally had one friend...

It got so bad, i just dropped out after 11th grade...

I once scared one kid by telling him that if he didn't leave me alone, i was going to cast a spell to make his p***s shrivel up... and he bought it xD.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:02 pm
Hey, Queenie (can I call you that plz?), have you been able to at least clear some things up? Did stuff get better for you?  

Chaos Blue

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:07 pm
User Image
Yes, you can call me Queenie, Queen, KillerQueen, KQ, Bash, Bashy, Besu-chan, whatever you like, as long as I know it's me you're talking to <3
Things have cleared up a bit. I got a hold of the vice principal and talked to her about both of the students. She seemed a little...pissy, for lack of a better word, that it had taken me so long to contact her. (Not my fault, the school's email system was blocking my emails!) She spoke to the girl in my gym class. She was not in the first half of gym one day and walked in, glared at me, and sat in the bleachers for the rest of the period. I haven't had problems with her since.
I do not know if the other girl has been talked to, but she hasn't spoken to me since I talked to the vice principal. Sometimes she'll stare at me in class, but other than that, she hasn't done anything.

My school is very much like yours seems, Bandit, but quite a bit larger. They love the hippies nowadays. People think they're so cool when they buy peace-symbol shirts and draw pot leaves on their jeans, when they're too busy turning their heads at school fights and people being insulted right in front of them. We have quite a...diverse school. We have about ten students who go to school every day wearing hunting camouflage. We have about twenty students who go to school nearly every day wearing Tripps (parachute pants with chains, basically), trench coats, large boots, and rave gear. I am one of them. Then we have people who wear only Aeropostale, Abercrombie, Hollister, etc etc. I still have yet to find another Wiccan in the school, but I have discovered two Satanists.
Naruto Fan, were you discussing the 'indulgences' that the Catholic church sold? They used to sell them and tell them that it would get them into heaven. I've had some problems with teachers with the way I dress (very Goth), but most tend to tolerate my fashion choices because I'm a good student.
Rumors are the worst thing about high school. They spread like wildfire, and are harder to put out. We don't have rumor firemen at our school, though I truly wish we did.

Credit

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:10 pm

YAY, QUEENIE!
Well it's good that the drama's sort of died down a little. It'll make the rest of your year much easier.
By the way, what year are you in, and when do you get out for the summer?

Chaos Blue

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:57 pm
User Image
I'm a freshman (9th grader), and we get out June 10, which is my boyfriend's birthday. Most people never assume I'm a freshman, online or at school. I've had several juniors and other teachers think I was a junior.

Credit

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:05 pm
Heck, I was surpised to find out that you were even still in high school. You're very mature for such a young age. 3nodding

The first high school I went to didn't have any cliques...everyone hung out with everyone (although, I will say that there was a group of African American students who wouldn't associate with any white students at all...which I thought was weird for a northern state, but whatever).

Like the group I hung out with: a cheerleader who listened to music such as Slipknot, a "preppy" model, a Wiccan, some Athiests, some hardcore Christians, a couple of "goths", one or two jocks, tomboys, girly girls, one bi-sexual male. You name it and they were pretty much in our "group". 3nodding

And then I move to Florida. You have your rednecks, your goths, your asians, preps, jocks, cheerleaders, african americans, latinos, nerds, muslims, christians, etc. I'm not even kidding. You could walk into the cafeteria and that's how people were divided up. I felt so out of place because I didn't feel that it was right or that I even belonged to one group. I mostly stuck to being a loner until I started dating this one "goth" guy, but there was next to no diversity in their group. I was so glad to finally get out of that high school.  

dark_angel_32189

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:39 pm
User Image
Most people think I'm very mature, except for my parents. I don't know why, but they seem to think I'm highly immature.
The misfit group I hang out with is pretty diverse. You've got a lot of goths and emo kids, but then you have a few pot heads here and there, and preppy black girls, which are a rarity at my school.

Credit

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:54 pm
Yeah, seriously Queen, I thought you were a Senior. :B You've got a lot going for you when you're mature beyond your years. (It must be the way you type or something. C: )

And yeah-

Being African American myself, -I- felt out of place when I moved over to the South. It's like the blacks don't want me around because I don't dress or talk like them, coupled with the fact that I'm from the North. (what gives?)

I see the same thing in my school though, Angel. Whenever I take a step back and look at this supposedly integrated school, all I still see is division, and the peers just do that themselves. Given the history of the region, it's not too surprising, (It may even just be an unconscious effort or reaction for them) but it's still kind of sad... I end up sitting alone, too.

I'll be moving back up North for college though, because it's just...I love the city and I miss it so.

At my school, things just get blown outta proportion though. (Prime example, two guys were about to fight over a honey bun.) So the last thing I was going to do was tell anybody about not being Christian. (Apparently even being CATHOLIC is bad in my neighborhood) The farthest I've gone is telling people "I don't go to Church."

Chaos Blue

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:36 pm
Chaos, that reminds me of the guys who got into a fight over grape juice at the high school I went to up North. Even the teachers were making jokes about it. xd

One thing I did notice was that there was at least two fights every month at the Northern school I went to. But I never saw any fights at the school I went to down here. Of course, that might also be because I rarely ever went into the cafeteria, which was were most of the finds in the Northern school took place.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:45 am
User Image
We have multiple fights daily. Girls get jumped in the bathroom a lot. This school is very ghetto.

Well, yesterday I was made to go out with my grandma's friend. Her friend was "Wiccan" at one point, but had been Christian before and during. She still believed that Jesus was her savior and all of that. She did spells after learning hardly anything, and put her taproot into the ground and such. She said that she felt her spine move when she put down her taproot and felt a presence go in. She said at first she thought it was earth energy, but now she knows it was Satan she was letting in, because Satan lives under ground. So she says that she was lying in bed and felt something tickle her feet and play with her hair. Then she heard a man's voice say "If you want all these things you did spells for, you will service the devil and have to entertain spirits." So, she stops being "Wiccan" and starts being Christian again, but I believe she was never Wiccan in the first place if she believes in Satan.
So, today I told my mom I'm not going to church. I'm sick and tired of being forced to participate in their mass. I do NOT believe in what they believe in, and no amount of brainwashing will ever change that.
So, my mom comes in and asks if I got anything from my grandma's friend. I told her grandma gave her friend all the money to use while we were out, but that wasn't what she meant. I explained to her that I do not believe in Satan, and I believe in the God and Goddess, and nothing will change my loyalty to them. She then got upset and told me that she didn't want to lose me to Satan. I simply told her that I'm not going any where, and that I do not believe in Satan because he is simply the Christian scapegoat for all of their troubles and "sins." She said that she believed in Satan, and that my religion is dangerous. I explained that it is not dangerous because there is no Satan involved, but kept my mouth shut about Satan being based off of the Horned God in order to make pagan religions seem evil. I told her that I believe what I believe, and church and nagging will not change that. She said that she wants to send me away somewhere where they can get through to me. I'm a decent child, but if they try to send me away, I will NOT be cooperative.

So, questions:
Should I go to church and be cooperative, or should I refuse and stand up for myself?
How do I get her to understand that Christianity is not the only "good" religion, and that Wicca is not evil?

EDIT:
This is my mom's basic point of view.

Credit

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:08 pm
This is pretty tough to handle...It's your mom, after all...Have you mentioned to her that her suggestion of "sending you away somewhere" is very detrimental to your mind? That telling you that you're going to hell isn't very supportive of your positive growth? If there was any devil tricking you, then he would've made himself known by now. I'm not telling you to make her feel guilty. But at the same time, just try to tell her how you feel about what she told you...

My mom put it this way "I don't particularly believe in the devil- I believe that there is evil in the world, but only what people do and make of it. For me, it's not some red guy with a tail and horns, that's all."

Also, sending you somewhere to get you to change your mind is probably going to be a big waste of time and money on your part and her's as you say that you're resolute in your beliefs.

Keep in mind, though, that your mom probably genuinely believes she's doing what's best for you. However, you're getting older, and at least some tolerance would be appreciated. The US is a patchwork of different people from different parts of the world with different religions. While she might understand this, it might be a little harder to grasp that her own daughter chooses not to follow the parent's religion. . .
But as I said in another post,
If God didn't want other faiths to flourish, then why did he allow it? Is it because he WANTS to see people suffer in hell afterwards? Nah, I don't think so. I think it's because there are truly other ways to go about faith(But that's just me).

Keep talking it out, maybe? Perhaps send her a few links, guide her along these links, provide her with more and more information overtime. Now that you're outta the broom closet, you probably have a ton of explaining to do. But be an example- Now is your chance to prove to her that this isn't a satan worshiping religion, but that it is helping you with your spiritual growth. . .

Gee, this is an oddity to discuss on mother's day...Come to think of it...

The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff