Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:38 am
O.T.L.
Andromeda Phoenix
I liked the event....until I realized I was still working on getting 500 eggs four days later. Then I realized just how long and tedious it was. Even with the lag and constant freezing the zOMG event was actually fun. Perhaps I got some sense of satisfaction from "egg stealing" from people who thought camping out was easier. Skittles world just pissed me off, that was not an obstacle course. It was a "lets see how long we can piss you off before you just quit and close the window" course. Getting knocked out by things you didn't even touch and then waiting what feels like 20 seconds just to start back at the beginning. Who the hell ever was told to restart an obstacle course if they ever touch anything? O.o

I did manage to get the 500 eggs, but, yeah, that was friggin' tedious. It's one thing to make people work for the items, but it's another thing to torture them. And that was just torturous. (The truly sad part is, I only did it because of my collector mentality; I don't particularly like the slippers, but I'm not going to sell them, either. I suck.)

And the obstacle course is... ugh. I can get all 100 Skittles, but not in under 2:25 (at this point, I'm not even going to bother trying any more), so I just bought the Easter Scarf from the Marketplace. (Figures, though; that's probably the nicest Easter item this year, too. Well, maybe Basketh'Loo; that one's pretty amusing.)

Quote:
I will say that the work they put into it was fabulous. Even though the storyline isn't as much as other Christmas or Halloween events, all the detail and items are right up that ally (or is it alley, dammit I hate those two words).

Alley. "Ally" refers to a partner or associate. (Just to be nitpicky, and because you brought it up. wink )

The whole problem with the 500 eggs is it wasn't even work. The skittles event took more work than the main event. The 500 eggs was just plain boring and tedious, especially when you realized you were still working on it three days later and in my case kept seeing eggs whenever you close your eyes.

They say there's a glitch where you can run underneath all the rocks. The clock should then stop and then you can go back and collect the skittles. I don't know if it works, if it did work or if it does work now though.

I can't figure out what the heck to do with the items. The slippers are in one of the most obscure colors on this site. Basket'loo is just crazy to work with. The only thing that match Sundae's Sweets is the V-Day chocolate skin, and the "slut bunny" (can't remember it's name), the only cash shop item I liked enough to buy with gold was Fuseling, which I'm having difficulty figuring out what to do with (all my brown items on a mule) and the list goes on. They're lovely items, but what in the world do I do with them! xd I agree, the scarves hands down are the best items this time around.

Yay! Thank you! I seriously could never figure out/remember the difference between those two words. Even with a dictionary. *hangs head*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:38 pm
They have a new event now, where you donate to the shops. You have to donate at least 1k to each 6 shops, and then one of the other shops like Salon Durem or Phin Phang.

So in total, you're donating 7k. I'm not even sure if some of these items are worth it... I'd suggest buying them from the MP, however. Since most cost less than the 1k you have to donate.  

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm
I actually like the new event. 7k isn't all that much nowadays (given the way they keep dumping more gold into the economy), but it works as a gold sink, something they definitely need more of. Plus, you can get actual Gaia NPC items, something for which a lot of people have been asking for years. (If anything, I wish they had done MORE NPC items, since the list of "other" shops is kinda long.)

Honestly, I hope this does well, so maybe Gaia can see that there's more to the site than the Cash Shop. (Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm dreaming...)

Plus... Rufus Cosplay. Actually kinda cute. (Gray cat ears!)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:05 pm
At least they are attempting to take gold out of circulation. Hopefully it'll help with the inflation of the MP since the release of the most recent RIG.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

GraphiteHelix
Crew

Brainy Geek

9,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:22 pm
Interesting event...bring the real life economy crisis to Gaia. D:
I do like it, though. *pumps some gold out to save Moira and Sasha*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 pm
I do like the cat ears, though I wish I could get black ones, like from that 2mil demon cat item...--;

But mostly the items are cute. I want a Vanessa item though, like a wig or something.  

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

Nanenna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:16 pm
I would have liked the items to have required a little more gold, get even more gold out of the system. I don't want all the extra items gunking up my inventory so I won't be donating anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:17 pm
Don't you only get one item per account save for the signs?

I'd like to see a bit of a scale in donations. Like the first set of items cost 1K, the next set 5K, next set 10K and so on and so forth. I wouldn't be able to participate in the 3rd set if that was the case, but I'm alright with that. I can see other users that are poor getting upset about this too though, so I'm not too sure.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:42 pm
I'm sooo happy they finally got NPC themed items for this event! I was one of the people who suggested some rufus things like his tail or ears and they actually came out with them! I thought it was going to be released as an MC but to do it like this is just as good. But when I first came on for the event yesterday, the MP and the trades were down-a very odd coincidence, IMO.

It locks people into only getting gold form posting in forums, games, commenting on profiles etc. for a little while. Though I see that the MP and the trades are back up. I wish though that there'd be an option to like poke the repo (?) guy with a fish or something...*shifty eyes*  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:38 pm
Quite frankly, I'm laughing my head off at this "SOS" gold sink. It's not going to do a lick of good with deflation, as the Gaians who have amassed millions of gold through marketplace exploitation won't be donating a bit to this. Venders won't change their prices, and AIers will raise the prices back up even if they do. Booty grabbers will obtain massive profits and pour it straight back into the economy again, taking us right back to where we started.  

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

Fleur De Amour

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:07 pm
I know this is belated, but I really did enjoy the Easter Event. I enjoyed that it was harder to get the items, it presented me with a fine challenge. I held out and was able to acquire my slippers. I loved the slippers, they were really cute and it's something I would wear year round. I ended up giving in and doing a quiz to help me get my slippers though. ^^;

The one part I didn't like was the Skittles water maze. That was disappointing. They keep finding ways to shove more Skittles ads in our faces.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:00 pm
I'm a little upset that Gaia just copy pasted last year's prom game without making any adjustments or improvements. The arrows still don't go with the beat and the sparkles for hitting the notes that get big with a long combo still cause lag while also obscuring the next arrows. I'm really sad too because it is a fun game but the flaws just make it... unappealing.

I love a lot of the items! <3

Edit: And the songs are just too long!  

Nanenna

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:22 pm
You needed a 50% just for the first level? Really, that was a little high...I barely got by w/ 60 on my first try. ~~; I don't like the game too much...Too fast. The items do look good though. Not sure if I'll be able to get them though, my skill level being pretty crappy. X3

Off topic question, what happened to [NK]'s avvy? I hope she wasn't hacked...or banned... ._.;  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:06 pm
@ Nissa chan: She hasn't been on Gaia at all during what, 2 months?
Furthermore, she hasn't responded to an E-mail (We've been chatting for a while) I sent to her like, 20 days ago. I really fear that something has happened.....

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:53 am
Siarnaq
@ Nissa chan: She hasn't been on Gaia at all during what, 2 months?
Furthermore, she hasn't responded to an E-mail (We've been chatting for a while) I sent to her like, 20 days ago. I really fear that something has happened.....

Last time she logged on was just this Tuesday. What really worries me is she's a naked avatar....oO;...  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff