Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Orlando Meet-Up Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 95 96 97 98 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there anyone that's still here?
  Yes
View Results

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:53 pm
Zelexia
purplekitty
Festival Bay also has that glow in the dark golf course XD For arcades I would go to Fun spot the one on I-drive so you can win stuff or go go-carting biggrin

So uhm what do you guys want to do most?
Im up for anything.
I'm game for just about anything, but to tell you the truth, I've never been to Fun Spot, so I don't know a thing about the place... sweatdrop
Its basically a big arcade. Play games win tickets yadda yadda yadda. They also have a go-carting area. Well should work on a day and timing thats good for everyone.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:55 pm
purplekitty
Zelexia
purplekitty
Festival Bay also has that glow in the dark golf course XD For arcades I would go to Fun spot the one on I-drive so you can win stuff or go go-carting biggrin

Im up for anything.
I'm game for just about anything, but to tell you the truth, I've never been to Fun Spot, so I don't know a thing about the place... sweatdrop
Its basically a big arcade. Play games win tickets yadda yadda yadda. They also have a go-carting area. Well should work on a day and timing thats good for everyone.
If I had to choose a day of the week I'd prefer doing it on a Monday, since I work Saturday night into Sunday morning I sleep almost all day afterward and not awake again until the late afternoon or evening. We probably want to plan it far enough ahead that other people have a chance to attend, so not before 05/04/09, give everybody a 2 week notice. What do you think?  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:00 pm
Zelexia
purplekitty
Zelexia
purplekitty

Im up for anything.
If I had to choose a day of the week I'd prefer doing it on a Monday, since I work Saturday night into Sunday morning I sleep almost all day afterward and not awake again until the late afternoon or evening. We probably want to plan it far enough ahead that other people have a chance to attend, so not before 05/04/09, give everybody a 2 week notice. What do you think?
yeah I think thats fair. Gives time to get day off from work. hmm I guess we should set up a poll or something and see what everyone wants to do. However I am not sure if some would look here so I was wondering if we sent some PM's to people asking what they would like to do and when is a good time for them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:28 am
purplekitty
yeah I think thats fair. Gives time to get day off from work. hmm I guess we should set up a poll or something and see what everyone wants to do. However I am not sure if some would look here so I was wondering if we sent some PM's to people asking what they would like to do and when is a good time for them.
Maybe we could create a topic in the main forum with the relevant information, but I'm not sure if it's ok to do that, therefore, I defer to your better judgment. Do you think we'd be in trouble setting up an announcement in the parent forum and asking for more feedback? I know more people would see the topic on that page, but I dislike stepping on toes.

We'll need to set up the exact place we're meeting, time, and I think we've got a working date on Monday, either 05/04/09 or 05/11/09. I want to give 2 weeks notice so that folks have an opportunity to put in for a day off.

By the way, I want to thank you for helping me with planning. 3nodding I appreciate it, I just wish other people would notice this topic and comment too.  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:42 pm
Zelexia
purplekitty
Maybe we could create a topic in the main forum with the relevant information, but I'm not sure if it's ok to do that, therefore, I defer to your better judgment. Do you think we'd be in trouble setting up an announcement in the parent forum and asking for more feedback? I know more people would see the topic on that page, but I dislike stepping on toes.

We'll need to set up the exact place we're meeting, time, and I think we've got a working date on Monday, either 05/04/09 or 05/11/09. I want to give 2 weeks notice so that folks have an opportunity to put in for a day off.

By the way, I want to thank you for helping me with planning. 3nodding I appreciate it, I just wish other people would notice this topic and comment too.
You are welcome! ^^ Yeah I know how it is trying to plan things. I do it with my co-workers.

Im going to send a pm soon to the captain of the thread letting them know that we want to do a meet-up and ask them what is ok to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:54 pm
I've been to Hard Knox and it's great, but it might be a little expensive for some (like maybe $25ish dollars for each half hour of play or something like that...and that half hour goes by very fast that you might want to stay longer) and it's really far for Zelexia if she's coming on a bus. On a side note, even though they say it's Hard Knox of Orlando...it's really in Oviedo. confused

I'm usually working Sunday and Monday nights...but early night or daytime or morning could work for me. I know how to get to Florida mall and Festival Bay mall if Vicki or others in the UCF area need a ride. It's just that I have to be at work at 11pm...so I also have to be back at my place by like 10:30pm to change into my work uniform and stuff.  

CrazyRob

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:43 pm
I probably won't be able to make it if it's a Monday. sweatdrop I already had to ask for a day off from work last week to work on a project for school, and I may have to ask for another day off this week, and then next month a friend of mine is graduating high school and I want to go to that and I may have to ask for a day off for that too, depending on if they expect me to work that day. I don't dare ask for anymore days off. I mean, they're pretty lenient about it since I work part time and don't work everyday anyway, and if I have one day off I could come in another day, but I still don't want to start asking for days all the time like that. The only way would be if they tell me I don't need to work that particular Monday but it usually ends up being later days in the week that they don't need me. I also usually don't know which days I don't have to come in until the last minute.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:59 pm
Maybe we can plan for a Sunday then? ninja  

CrazyRob

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:46 pm
Im up for any day as long as it is after 7. I do work late on the 6th of may and 8th though like until 11ish.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:36 am
Evening or night any day is good for me, really. I'd be up for the 4th if we're still planning that day smile Otherwise, I'll most likely be able to show up whenever. (Yay college student with a dayjob! \o/ Internships rock...)  

GranoblasticMan

Invisible Lunatic

11,800 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:44 pm
yeah I am off monday 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:20 pm
I would love to come up, but already intend on visiting there
twice in May. But please tell me all about the meet- up once
it's through.. oh, you simply must. ^-^  

Sindeira

Codebreaking Reveler

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:23 am
purplekitty
Awesome! Then we'll start planning for Monday!

Now we need to nail down the time and place. We can't have it too early because a lot of folks have school and work in the morning, but we can't have it too late because CrazyRob's got to work that night. I'm pretty partial to the mall idea, it's free after all, but which mall should we go to? I personally like the Festival Bay Mall because the shops are really wild, but I'm not much fond of the restaurants they have there. FL Mall has a lot of good eats nearby, but there's not a lot of variety of shops and it's a bit too touristy in my opinion.

If anyone has a recommendation, I'm still accepting then at this point.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 am
Zelexia
purplekitty
Awesome! Then we'll start planning for Monday!

Now we need to nail down the time and place. We can't have it too early because a lot of folks have school and work in the morning, but we can't have it too late because CrazyRob's got to work that night. I'm pretty partial to the mall idea, it's free after all, but which mall should we go to? I personally like the Festival Bay Mall because the shops are really wild, but I'm not much fond of the restaurants they have there. FL Mall has a lot of good eats nearby, but there's not a lot of variety of shops and it's a bit too touristy in my opinion.

If anyone has a recommendation, I'm still accepting then at this point.
we could go to the outlets for food, Its right across the way from Festival bay. Should we go see a movie or do that glow in the dark golfing?  

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 95 96 97 98 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers