Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Working with the Public Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zispier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:58 pm
I work in retail typically, I worked at a clothing store for a few months over the summer before I went on a trip.

My least favorite type of customers, no offence to the race or country in general, Indians (from INDIA, not Native Americans) from Canada. I live about 30 minutes from the Canadian border and dealing with them during back to school was hell. I'd be ringing them up and they'd ask the price of everything, I swear if something was over 10 dollars they wouldn't get it, if a sale wasn't on an item they wanted, they wouldn't get it, they'd argue with me over prices or try to haggle. It was so infuriating.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:48 pm
Zispier
I work in retail typically, I worked at a clothing store for a few months over the summer before I went on a trip.

My least favorite type of customers, no offence to the race or country in general, Indians (from INDIA, not Native Americans) from Canada. I live about 30 minutes from the Canadian border and dealing with them during back to school was hell. I'd be ringing them up and they'd ask the price of everything, I swear if something was over 10 dollars they wouldn't get it, if a sale wasn't on an item they wanted, they wouldn't get it, they'd argue with me over prices or try to haggle. It was so infuriating.

Ohhoho, I had one of those shortly before Christmas. He had to have been in his 90s and demanded I do his shopping for him. I had to hold all his clothes up for him to look at as well as hold all the clothes he wanted to buy, and heaven forbid if I set either of them down for a moment! Jerk off FARTED on me while I was trying to find a sweater in the size he needed. Guy moved slower then molasses. I could have dragged myself across the floor with broken legs faster then he walked. Then he started demanding a chair (which we don't have any) and started acting like he was dying right by the registers- panicking customers in line. My useless manager refused to help me with him and just told me to open a register and get him out ASAP. So after I ring him up, he actually goes outside and gets into a car and drives away! A 90 year old man who is pretty much blind and can't walk 10 steps without exhausting himself is DRIVING!  

charamath

GhostxCat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:56 pm
Heh, I work at a deli... got tons of stories.

ok, this story involves two kinds of provolone, A and B
A is on sale, but we're out of it
we're selling B using the tags for A
a customer asks for pound of B, so we give her it with the A price, which is 3 dollars cheaper
she comes back a half hour later and demands that we put the B sticker on it so she can use her 1 dollar coupon
as I'm doind that, another employee walks up and starts trying to explain to her that she would be losing money
she thinks he's being rude and says very loudly that it's people like him that make people think americans are mean
after which she turns to me and tells me to put the A sticker back on, and walks away in a huff  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:48 am
So online we have a bunch of big sales because the items we are selling do not have pictures so they are up to 75% off.It has description but the pictures are poor.A lady calls and demands better pictures.I tell her that there is no one unless we maybe can track some down and e-mail her some but that will take 1-2 days.She freaks out saying "What if they sell out by the time I get the pictures?!" well then buy the freaking item."I can't buy the item, its a final sale item with no return!" well, we HOPED the price would make up for the lack of pictures.Other people are ok, why are not you?So you want 75% off PLUS pictures in every direction of the item RIGHT NOW?Yeah, good luck with that.  

Creepy Clown Town

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:51 am
Tell me this, someone calls YOUR company and then in the middle of it all says "Hey, someone is on the other line.Let me put you on hold" THAT drives me crazy!YOU called ME the call center to make an order and you are putting ME on hold??What world do you live in where you think that is ok to do?I have 20 people on hold wanting to place an order with me right now sitting behind you and you decide to put me on hold.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:58 am
Sheesh! I'm glad I work where I DON'T deal with the public. Not saying t his to sound mean, but as I've gotten older I've found I can't take people's STUPIDITY!  

Venuslady

Dark Krimson Knight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:11 am
Well I will post more in a bit. But I have worked in the Hotel business are for over 10 years. Over that time i have had more than my share of problems with the public. So in the next few days I will post these fun filled moments.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 pm
sweet, thanks!I always check up in this thread to hear any new stories!I have one nearly every day I work.Yesterday a lady calls and says "I want to buy these shelves but to get them I would have to pay $110 in shipping" I answer "Correct" and then she goes "....well I don't want to pay that." I answer "That is what UPS charges, not us.We did not make that price.Call back later when you decide" so she answers "....can I have a discount?" I tell her "no, that is a UPS charge, not a charge from my company" she answers "...well can you make your product cheaper?" answer is "No, we can not adjust the price for you because it is like having five children and picking a favorite.If you give one kid an extra scoop of ice cream all of them will expect it" so she answers "....but you will lose my business...." SERIOUSLY, this is an unnecessary conversation!Oh no, we lose $300 of your business in our multi billion dollar company!Oh what ever shall we do?Oh wait, I know.I will just wait till Oprah advertises for us as her favorites and angelina jolie buys more stuff for her babies from us!  

Creepy Clown Town

dahliarose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:28 am
i have worked in fast food...for 15 YEARS. i have witnessed more stupid, rude customers than i can ever, ever recount.

my favorites are the people who say "every single time i come here i get (the wrong order, slow service, missing a sandwich)...whatever" ok, i understand that's irritating, but...why do you keep coming here? seriously, if i get bad service i DON'T GO BACK!

the other day we had a lady who had eaten like, 3/4 of her sandwhich and decided she didn't like it. she wanted her money back and a free meal. did it really take that long to realize she didn't like it? stressed

and the worst, worst, WORST are people who are talking on their cell phones while i'm trying to wait on them!!! i had a guy drive up to the window and he's on his phone. i tell him his total and he HOLDS HIS HAND UP in the 'shh, not now' sign. so i stand there waiting. he finally fishes out his wallet and throws a credit card at me, (still on the phone, of course). i go get his order and try to hand it out to him. i ask him if he needs any sauce and he SHUSHS me!!! fine. i give him the bag and walk away. 5 minutes later he's still in the drive thru and he's honking his horn. i ask what's wrong and he says, " you didn't ask me if i want sauce!" scream  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 am
Last week I had a 20 minute conversation with an older man on the floor on how to browse the internet so he could go to our website. It was so aggravating, but I had to be patient, it was so hard.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:48 pm
Vengence of Areashine
Last week I had a 20 minute conversation with an older man on the floor on how to browse the internet so he could go to our website. It was so aggravating, but I had to be patient, it was so hard.
yeah, I know the feeling.I get calls about the website trying to explain that just because it is in your shopping cart does not mean you have to buy it.Plus, its really hard to explain steps to take when the people don't understand what hte word "scroll" means  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff