Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Is the Wii Failing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:55 pm
Wii does have more crappy games then most systems it seems. But that does not mean it's failing. it is a great console, and has a lot of amazing games. just has a lot of crappy ones too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:03 pm
I dont think the Wii is failing to live up to its potential.

I just think there's a lot of s**t out there.  

otawara

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:04 pm
The wii outsold the 360. Then it outsold the PS3, PS2, and PSP combined. I'm pretty sure its fine, it just doesnt have that many hardcore games out yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:14 pm
I think the point that most people here are making is that Sony and Microsoft have much better policies for quality control than Nintendo. Although they aren't perfect, they help keep the aforementioned "crap-to-gold ratio" down.  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:23 pm
Waynebrizzle
Yeah, there's a lot of s**t being put on the consoles by Ubisoft and other companies just out to make a buck. But you know, it's as easy as not buying the games. This is what game reviewers are SUPPOSED to be doing; drawing the line between good casual games and bad, and not just reviewing everything that's casual poorly. Still, I don't think it's very hard to tell if Imagine Babyz is a bad game or not. Nintendo, Retro, and some other devs (Grasshopper, High Voltage, Platinum games and as an extension Sega) have shown the Wii's potential time and time again. It's all the other developers that are messing things up.
yeah hmm, every game that has a nintendo icon or is a nintendo original are all the games for wii in the top ten.

thats a point making coincedence.
>_>

srsly though. 3rd party people need to just play nintendo games and get ideas for GOOD control schemes, it doesn't even matter if the plot makes sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:34 pm
The Wii is just fine. It's just that most 3rd party games and only a few 1st party games suck, and a lot of really good games are not being given the time of day. The article encourages people to read game reviews, though a lot of new gamers (read: casual crowd) may not be computer saavy.

A lot of games that have gotten great reviews, like Okami, Zack and Wiki, or Boom Blox, are being ignored, probably because of appearances. Prejudice is probably also to blame, since Little Big Planet on the PS3 is so freaking popular, and it looks about as kiddie as they come.

Boadicia

Crazy Cray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm
teh emoogle boy26
It's the system that some people want to see fail.
The Under-Dog, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:47 pm
Crazy Cray
teh emoogle boy26
The Under-Dog, right?

Or the misunderstood hero.

Like when most people in New York city hated Spider-Man.

Yeah, the Wii is like Spider-Man. And the PS3 is Venom. And the Xbox 360 is IRON MAN. What the crap am I talking about.  

Waynebrizzle

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:01 pm
Waynebrizzle
Crazy Cray
teh emoogle boy26
The Under-Dog, right?

Or the misunderstood hero.

Like when most people in New York city hated Spider-Man.

Yeah, the Wii is like Spider-Man. And the PS3 is Venom. And the Xbox 360 is IRON MAN. What the crap am I talking about.

You're talking about Super Heroes and game consoles.

But seriously, all the games that look kinda kiddy actually turn out good, like wind waker. And with the ability to play GCN games, the Wii should be PWNING in sales  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:14 pm
otawara

People that don't play games may like the s**t. I remember being a kid and having a blast with a game that people didn't really think was fantastic or amazing. Did I still have fun with it? Yes. People can and do have fun with "shovelware." My mom has Bunnyz or whatever it is, and she loves it.

I think the Wii could be a lot more than it is. When I thought of "motion controls" I thought about how great they could make everything. Mario Hoops, and you would dribble and shoot; stuff that was just really over the top, and made you go "whoa."  

Meta_Fish
Captain

marci-parci

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:45 pm
Wii? Failing? Only if the industry is dying under the ineptetude of other consoles.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:47 pm
Meta_Fish
otawara

I think the Wii could be a lot more than it is. When I thought of "motion controls" I thought about how great they could make everything. Mario Hoops, and you would dribble and shoot; stuff that was just really over the top, and made you go "whoa."

Unfortunately, there's a difference between Science and Science Fiction. Wii MotionPlus isn't quite that good, and given the current progress rate of technology, it'll be another decade or so before we perfect motion controls.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:42 pm
Man On The Hill
A lot of people complain about the wii graphics and music. I don't mind them at all.

I agree, if graphics and music were the only things that mattered no one would ever download all the old NES, SNES, Atari, (etc.) games.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:59 am
Wantcookie
Meta_Fish
otawara

Unfortunately, there's a difference between Science and Science Fiction. Wii MotionPlus isn't quite that good, and given the current progress rate of technology, it'll be another decade or so before we perfect motion controls.
Oh yeah, true enough. I still think that the motion controls have a lot more potential than what's been tapped into by most developers. For most games, waggle replaces a single button, and the pointer is actually used more.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:24 am
Meta_Fish
Oh yeah, true enough. I still think that the motion controls have a lot more potential than what's been tapped into by most developers. For most games, waggle replaces a single button, and the pointer is actually used more.
The tilt function has potential. You know that minigame in warioware smooth moves where you play Starfox? I want Starfox wii to be like that if we get one.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff