Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Sonic Team is worse than talentless.

They have no drive to make the games good anymore. The only thing they do is make Sonic games, and that's about all they've done for a long while. They're bored, they're tired, and they get no leg room, figuratively speaking.

As soon as Sammy bought SEGA, they've been put into making Sonic Games, and almost exclusively that with little to no room for anything else. The little room for adventure they get is usually swatted down by marketing.

They even screwed up NiGHTS because they were forced to quickly re-tool it for the Wii over their original plan to release it on the 360.

Sonic Team is a zombie. T-T

Someone please remove the head or destroy the brain.

Sonic rant complete. Moving on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:29 pm
Crazy Cray
I_love_Inuyasha1
Sonic in 3D has died. The only good game for awhile has been the Rush series.
He should just be in 2D from now on... =(
I totally agree.

The only 3D Sonic game I liked was Adventure. The second was crap though. And Shadow sucks s**t.

Whoa... whoa. Why don't you like the second? D=
Best Sonic game EVER.
Shadow isn't bad... just his game is.  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:49 pm
I read some blog of an Ex-Sonic Teamer (Or Ex-SEGA-er) that recerntly, SEGA's been forcing Sonic Team for games. Rushing them. Not caring to make them awesome, just caring to rush it to get the extra cash Sonic gets from nostalgia. Remember NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams, for Wii? Chances are you don't, you should go and buy it. >:U Apparently, it was going to be a 360/PS3 title, but they decided to rush it for the Wii. That meant the controls, visuals, practically everything had to be reworked. Most games get two years to be developed. It got one.

Tl;dr: Not Sonic Team's fault, SEGA's.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:54 pm
auS-e-Dude
I read some blog of an Ex-Sonic Teamer (Or Ex-SEGA-er) that recerntly, SEGA's been forcing Sonic Team for games. Rushing them. Not caring to make them awesome, just caring to rush it to get the extra cash Sonic gets from nostalgia. Remember NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams, for Wii? Chances are you don't, you should go and buy it. >:U Apparently, it was going to be a 360/PS3 title, but they decided to rush it for the Wii. That meant the controls, visuals, practically everything had to be reworked. Most games get two years to be developed. It got one.

Tl;dr: Not Sonic Team's fault, SEGA's.

Figures. Still SEGA is doing BETTER they're just milking poor Sonic... *sigh*  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:59 pm
Milking is putting it lightly.

They're just beating the crap out of him and selling what flies out. >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:07 pm
Tatsuman

Just like Nintendo and Mario?  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:21 pm
Tatsuman

Yep...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:24 pm
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman

Nope. That's milking. Mario's games are usually damn good.

Have you played Sonic 06? Shadow the Hedgehog?

Come on man, Mario-whoring and Sonic-zombification aren't even in the same league. xP  

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:31 pm
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman

Come on man, Mario-whoring and Sonic-zombification aren't even in the same league. xP

I actually have played both of those games. I've beat Sonic 06. I lent out Shadow and can't be stuffed asking for it back. They were alright. Fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:36 pm
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman

I actually have played both of those games. I've beat Sonic 06. I lent out Shadow and can't be stuffed asking for it back. They were alright. Fun.

._O

You and I have very different definitions of fun. Sonic 06 is the worst game I've seen in a very long time. Shadow wasn't much better.  

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:40 pm
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman

._O

You and I have very different definitions of fun. Sonic 06 is the worst game I've seen in a very long time. Shadow wasn't much better.

What was so bad about Sonic 06? It was a fine game.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:50 pm
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman

._O

There wasn't anything good about it.

The story was awful, the Voice Acting was awful, the Voice Syncing was worse, the loading times were reminiscent of the Sega CD, the game had so many glitches that it was barely playable, the plot is full of so many holes that it's unbearable, the gameplay itself was sloppy and not fun *crucial part*, Shadow is in it...

And worst of all, Robotnik was skinny.

I rest my case.  

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:00 pm
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman
auS-e-Dude
Tatsuman

._O

There wasn't anything good about it.

The story was awful, the Voice Acting was awful, the Voice Syncing was worse, the loading times were reminiscent of the Sega CD, the game had so many glitches that it was barely playable, the plot is full of so many holes that it's unbearable, the gameplay itself was sloppy and not fun *crucial part*, Shadow is in it...

And worst of all, Robotnik was skinny.

I rest my case.

I give you marks for awful story. Since when has a 3D Sonic had good voice scyncing? They weren't that bad loading times, a bit longer than normal. Now I am against you on the glitches. I didn't experience a single glitch, except for freezing in place for a few seconds, and whole game needs to be turned off freezings. See first point. Gameplay wasn't sloppy. A slower Adventure 2 maybe, but certainly not sloppy. But Shadow didn't have a gun, so it's all good.
And indeed he was, but it wasn't game breaking.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:10 pm
I lol'd when I first saw this, and had to take a screenshot : p
User Image  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Well considering that most if not all of the original developers left and so did the the jet set radio developers that got put in there (if my sources and memory recalls it right) they've been pretty much playing russian roulette with 4 bullets in the chambers of recent. The only hits they've made where the ds carts' where they decided to back to their old roots and the right formula.

They better of done this rpg series right, therefore we could see bigger ones on the wii or something ^^

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff