*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Proof the Bible is Right? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this proof that the bible has always been right?
  Yes, absolutely!
  Yes, but I'm not too sure about the rest.
  No, I have a better explanation.
  No, it's always been wrong.
View Results

The Beautiful jewel

5,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Syrokal
While it is an interesting point on a fact that is hard to explain, we must remember the Bible says the earth is also 6000 years old....and well, we know that's not right
It doesn't exactly say 6000 years but people assume that the world is 6000 years old because that's when the Bible was written...so they think that because God created the Bible that's when he created the world..

God did not create the Bible. These are stories that were translated from other languages. And now there is more and more confirmation that Jesus did exist and lived where the Bible says he lived.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:19 pm
Break Sage
Have you ever heard of the Massorah? It's the ultimate proof that the bible is true. It has been used for in translation for the Old Testament in Protestant Bibles as well as Catholic Bibles in recent decades (that's why it's in the Catholic encyclopedia). Don't be deceived by that though. Protestant and Catholic belief have nothing to do with that. Here's the wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoretic_text

I am sorry but because wikipedia does NOT verify their sources I don't think it is a good choice to use for arguments.  

The Beautiful jewel

5,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:13 am
The Beautiful jewel
Dark Angel Rai
Syrokal
While it is an interesting point on a fact that is hard to explain, we must remember the Bible says the earth is also 6000 years old....and well, we know that's not right
It doesn't exactly say 6000 years but people assume that the world is 6000 years old because that's when the Bible was written...so they think that because God created the Bible that's when he created the world..

God did not create the Bible. These are stories that were translated from other languages. And now there is more and more confirmation that Jesus did exist and lived where the Bible says he lived.
Ummm.....God wrote the Bible..What kind of Christian are you if you say that he didn't?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:28 pm
Syrokal

How can you KNOW it's older? I've looked at alot of arguements and alot of theories on what age the earth is, and I find that the most plausible and reasonable age is somewhere between 6000 and 9000.

I'd love to see a solid arguement to the contrary though. And one that doesn't use rock/fossil layers, carbon dating, or the Grand Canyon.  

Aquiella

Aquiella

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:38 pm
Sybil Unrest
Aquiella
"Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?" Job 38:16

The bible has contained this passage for hundreds of years. That's hundreds of years BEFORE mankind discovered that there WERE underwater springs at the bottom of the ocean.

To be honest, this doesn't prove anything. It is and always was reasonable to assume that, as lakes are fed by springs of water, therefore the seas are too. It does not prove any special revelatory knowledge on behalf of the author of Job.

Quote:
"Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?" Job 38:22

That was also in there for a very long time. Long before mankind discovered that, under a microscope, snowflakes look like gorgeous crystals. Like the kind found in a treasure room.

Yes...the hail which looks sparkly could be kept in a giant storehouse in the sky before coming to earth...if anything that shows a lack of scientific knowledge.

There's a reason no one uses those verses as a proof of the bible's specialness.

Umm... I never said they were. If you'll read what I said carefully, you'll see that I was comparing them to precious crystals and stones that are typically found in treasure rooms.

Ever seen a snowflake under a microscope? Doesn't it look gorgeous? Simmilar to a beautiful gemstone or geode that would be stored in a treasure vault.

As for that other, your using modern-day logic to come up with that. Besides, if that is what they thought, then why were scientists so amazed and flabberghasted when they found underwater springs at the bottom of the ocean?

And the springs are not "feeding" the ocean. Rivers and streams and melting glaciers feed the ocean. along with precipitation from hurricanes and tropical storms. Why else is the water level of the ocean rising?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:43 pm
Aquiella
Syrokal

How can you KNOW it's older? I've looked at alot of arguements and alot of theories on what age the earth is, and I find that the most plausible and reasonable age is somewhere between 6000 and 9000.

I'd love to see a solid arguement to the contrary though. And one that doesn't use rock/fossil layers, carbon dating, or the Grand Canyon.
Stonehenge was built 10,000 years ago. There's your proof.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Aquiella

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:40 pm
How do you know it was built that long ago? That is my question.

I want you to show me WHY the world is _____ years old. Pointing at the pyramids or the Grand canyon and saying "there's your proof!" is silly. If you can't show me WHY it's proof, then all your doing is pointing fingers.

You point at Stonehenge and that is your proof?

I say Stonehenge was built less than 4400 years ago. That is MY proof.

...see how silly that is? Prove to me that it was built 10,000 years ago, or I will dismiss your fingerpointing as nothing but a new dance fad! XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:51 pm
Aquiella
How do you know it was built that long ago? That is my question.

I want you to show me WHY the world is _____ years old. Pointing at the pyramids or the Grand canyon and saying "there's your proof!" is silly. If you can't show me WHY it's proof, then all your doing is pointing fingers.

You point at Stonehenge and that is your proof?

I say Stonehenge was built less than 4400 years ago. That is MY proof.

...see how silly that is? Prove to me that it was built 10,000 years ago, or I will dismiss your fingerpointing as nothing but a new dance fad! XD
Because Druidism was before Judaism, which was before Christianity, which was before Islam. And using those object isn't silly. What's silly is saying that Christianity came first even though we know those relics were around BEFORE Jesus was ever born. Also the Celts (Druids were Celtic or some of them were) and Egyptians were among the first ancient civilations along with the Greeks and Romans. Or have you forgotten that most of the old world religions are older than Christianity?  

Neferet -House of Night-

Aquiella

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:37 pm
Actually, Christianity DIDN'T start with Jesus. John the Baptist was born a bit before Jesus and was teaching Christianity BEFORE Jesus had even STARTED his preaching. Your logic is flawed, your timelines are off, bigtime, and you STILL have not answered my question!!

I can point at Stonehenge and say "behold! proof of aliens!! because they were here first!!" and it won't prove a thing. And that's what your doing. Pointing and saying it was made by ____ and they came first so there!!

That just says you don't believe that point strongly enough to research it and give us references that are NOT youtube or wikipedia!!

If your not going to do any research, then your not worth taking seriously.

Please leave and return with something that can be verified. Thank you!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:47 pm
Jesus Christ and John the Baptist were related. Their mothers, Mary and Elizabeth, were cousins. (Luke 1:36).

John the Baptist was born 6 months before Jesus Christ (Luke 1:36). He died about 6 months before Jesus Christ (Matthew 14:10-12).

I got it from this site.

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/johnbapt.htm

This is what I want when I say "verifiable proof". This is proof that your timeline is bull. proof that Christianity came BEFORE Jesus' birth and BEFORE he began preaching.

Besides. Moses came LONG before Jesus. Wasn't HE christian too? 3nodding  

Aquiella

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:48 pm
Aquiella
Actually, Christianity DIDN'T start with Jesus. John the Baptist was born a bit before Jesus and was teaching Christianity BEFORE Jesus had even STARTED his preaching. Your logic is flawed, your timelines are off, bigtime, and you STILL have not answered my question!!

I can point at Stonehenge and say "behold! proof of aliens!! because they were here first!!" and it won't prove a thing. And that's what your doing. Pointing and saying it was made by ____ and they came first so there!!

That just says you don't believe that point strongly enough to research it and give us references that are NOT youtube or wikipedia!!

If your not going to do any research, then your not worth taking seriously.

Please leave and return with something that can be verified. Thank you!
Ummmmm. Try reading a history book. biggrin . Oh wait...you don't believe in textbooks do you? neutral And it's a public forum. You aren't a crew member and can't tell someone to leave.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:32 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Ummmmm. Try reading a history book. biggrin . Oh wait...you don't believe in textbooks do you? neutral And it's a public forum. You aren't a crew member and can't tell someone to leave.

I think she's referring to carbon dating procedures being inaccurate.

I really don't know one way or another; I've not cared enough to look into it.  

ShideKnight

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:34 am
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai

I think she's referring to carbon dating procedures being inaccurate.

I really don't know one way or another; I've not cared enough to look into it.
I hope she's referring to Carbon dating procedures being inaccurate.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:52 am
Well I seem to recall it being brought up earlier in the thread.

Besides, how else would they know it's over 10,000 years old? I don't think there are really any other scientific dating methods.  

ShideKnight

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:26 am
ShideKnight
Well I seem to recall it being brought up earlier in the thread.

Besides, how else would they know it's over 10,000 years old? I don't think there are really any other scientific dating methods.
Also with the history of the people that lived there and could build those ruins. Most of the sects of Paganism have been around longer than Christianity. The oldest possibly being Druidism as I have stated.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff