Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:45 pm
tigerflute
Dark Angel Rai
tigerflute
Dark Angel Rai
School is the most important thing in your life right now. Everything comes second. I know you're probably thinking "Ummm wtf Rai? O.o" but I'm serious. If you have any hopes of succeeding in this world, and set aside a lot of money for your future family, you have to keep school on your mind at all times. Most jobs want that college diploma, whether it's an associates or a bachelor's they want to see a degree.

School is definitely not the most important thing in your life. God is. You can't put your trust in school to get a good job and what not, you have to trust in God. I'm not undermining the fact that school is important, I am just saying that God is the most important thing, not school.

As for whether or not you should go to church I don't know. I think that this is something you should pray about. If you feel like God is telling you to go to church, then go. If you feel like he is telling you that is okay not to go because you're exhausted from all your school work then don't go. The most important thing to do is pray about it and figure out what God wants you to do.
Seems to me that you are undermining school. Without education and knowledge how can you pass on what is truly the word to God to those less fortunate than you. How can you teach those less fortunate to read the word of God if you couldn't read yourself? neutral

As I said before I am not trying to undermine school, I think that school is very important and that God wants us to go to school and do well in it. I am just pointing out that God is the most important thing, not school. By saying that school comes first, and everything else comes second, you are putting your faith in school for your future, but your faith should be put in God.
It is better to plan for the future than for the hereafter. You live in the here and now. Live for today, plan for tomorrow. When you die, you die. That is when you will be with God. No one knows when they will die but people know what they want to do the next day or in the next 5 years.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 pm
Hello ^.^

First I would like to say that I do agree with the fact that God comes before anything. When we die, no amount of schooling or degree's will get us any closer to heaven, and in the end that is all that really matters.

As far as your question about going to church and peoples statements that being in church isn't what is important, I'm going to have to disagree a bit.

Its true that it is possible to get to heaven without ever stepping foot in a church, but - Paul said in Hebrews 10:23-25 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith;(for he is faithful that promised) 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more as ye see the day approaching." (King James Version)

"The day" is obviously the day of the "rapture"/Jesus coming for his people. Which we are in the last days according to the prophecies of the bible.

Bottom line is this. I know what it is to be tired and to be overwhelmed with work. No one will be able to make every service, but it does do your spirit good to be gathered with another group of like minded believers. That can be in a group at school, a wednesday night service, OR your traditional sunday morning (or evening) service.  

Scazarith

tigerflute

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:48 am
Dark Angel Rai
tigerflute
Dark Angel Rai
tigerflute
Dark Angel Rai
School is the most important thing in your life right now. Everything comes second. I know you're probably thinking "Ummm wtf Rai? O.o" but I'm serious. If you have any hopes of succeeding in this world, and set aside a lot of money for your future family, you have to keep school on your mind at all times. Most jobs want that college diploma, whether it's an associates or a bachelor's they want to see a degree.

School is definitely not the most important thing in your life. God is. You can't put your trust in school to get a good job and what not, you have to trust in God. I'm not undermining the fact that school is important, I am just saying that God is the most important thing, not school.

As for whether or not you should go to church I don't know. I think that this is something you should pray about. If you feel like God is telling you to go to church, then go. If you feel like he is telling you that is okay not to go because you're exhausted from all your school work then don't go. The most important thing to do is pray about it and figure out what God wants you to do.
Seems to me that you are undermining school. Without education and knowledge how can you pass on what is truly the word to God to those less fortunate than you. How can you teach those less fortunate to read the word of God if you couldn't read yourself? neutral

As I said before I am not trying to undermine school, I think that school is very important and that God wants us to go to school and do well in it. I am just pointing out that God is the most important thing, not school. By saying that school comes first, and everything else comes second, you are putting your faith in school for your future, but your faith should be put in God.
It is better to plan for the future than for the hereafter. You live in the here and now. Live for today, plan for tomorrow. When you die, you die. That is when you will be with God. No one knows when they will die but people know what they want to do the next day or in the next 5 years.

So wait, are you saying that school should come first because you won't see God until you get to Heaven? If that is the case then I must remind you that God is omnipresent. Yes it is different than being with God in Heaven, but no matter where we are He is still with us. Don't forget that you must place your trust in God for everything(even the air you breath) because he controls everything, and can take anything from you at any moment. We must use the time God has given us on earth to do what God wants us to do and do that as well as possible. That means doing well in school, doing well at your job, going wherever God calls you to go, and doing whatever God calls you to do as well as you can with His help. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding anything your saying.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:51 am
Scazarith
Hello ^.^

First I would like to say that I do agree with the fact that God comes before anything. When we die, no amount of schooling or degree's will get us any closer to heaven, and in the end that is all that really matters.

As far as your question about going to church and peoples statements that being in church isn't what is important, I'm going to have to disagree a bit.

Its true that it is possible to get to heaven without ever stepping foot in a church, but - Paul said in Hebrews 10:23-25 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith;(for he is faithful that promised) 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more as ye see the day approaching." (King James Version)

"The day" is obviously the day of the "rapture"/Jesus coming for his people. Which we are in the last days according to the prophecies of the bible.

Bottom line is this. I know what it is to be tired and to be overwhelmed with work. No one will be able to make every service, but it does do your spirit good to be gathered with another group of like minded believers. That can be in a group at school, a wednesday night service, OR your traditional sunday morning (or evening) service.
We've been in the so called last days since 1948 and people have claimed the world will end for about 2,000+ years. Also the Rapture is a 1930's concept. A fairly new idea. And the KJV is not an accurate version of the Bible. It has parts that have been added in. And also, none of us speak Shakespearean. There are Bibles before the KJV that are currently being translated somewhere in Britain. NIV is better to use since it takes away the added parts and is used in the modern English language. ^.^  

Neferet -House of Night-

Scazarith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:28 am
We've been in the so called last days since 1948 and people have claimed the world will end for about 2,000+ years. Also the Rapture is a 1930's concept. A fairly new idea. And the KJV is not an accurate version of the Bible. It has parts that have been added in. And also, none of us speak Shakespearean. There are Bibles before the KJV that are currently being translated somewhere in Britain. NIV is better to use since it takes away the added parts and is used in the modern English language. ^.^

I will grant you that the word "rapture" is not in the bible and is a new concept in itself. But what the word represents, which is the coming of Jesus Christ for his bride, is by no means a new concept. The bible speaks much about it. As for being in the last days since 1948 (or 1967 which marked a land aquisition after the six day war, depending on which line of thought one might follow) it is true. Various times in scripture Jesus would compare Israel to a fig tree, and in Matthew 24:32-35 Jesus said "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that the summer is nigh: 33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all things be fufilled."

Matthew ch. 24 is all about end times if ya'll wanna check it out. Anyone can argue, debate, and deny all they like, but the Word is the truth. If you would read it and look around you you could see that we are nearing the end. They're beginning to rebuild babylon; they're training priests to work in The Temple; meaning its about to be built, and when it is the anti-christ will come to sit in it and set himself up as "god".

When it comes down to it, God will hold us all responsible for ourselves. Please read the Word and don't allow yourselves to be blinded from the truth.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:00 am
I agree that the KJV isn't the best version of the Bible to use, but only because most people cannot really understand it at all. It is not true that it is not an accurate translation. Therefore, it is fine to read the KJV if you can actually understand it.
The NIV didn't take away added parts(if there were any parts to take away), it was a whole new translation of the Bible taken from the Greek and Hebrew writings. When new translations of the Bible are made, they do not merely take an older version and reword it, they go back to the Greek and Hebrew writings and make a new translation. The reason why different Bibles sound different is because of the different ways of translating them. Some translations are done phrase by phrase and some are done idea by idea. Some are closer to word for word(although a true word for word translation is impossible because of differences in the languages grammar).  

tigerflute

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces