Have you ever button mashed
  (looks down ashamed) yes....
  NO NEVER!!!!
  Whats button mashing?
  CHICITTY CHINA THE CHINESE CHICKEN!!!!
View Results

Boadicia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:19 pm
I'll admit that I button mash on the Weapon Master mode in Soul Calibur II. It's just so easy to get frustrated, and I still have a butt load of stuff to unlock. gonk It's easier for me to behave on Arcade Mode.

I think the biggest culprit of spamming or button mashing is anyone who's played a Law in the Tekken series.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:48 pm
Boadicia
I'll admit that I button mash on the Weapon Master mode in Soul Calibur II. It's just so easy to get frustrated, and I still have a butt load of stuff to unlock. gonk It's easier for me to behave on Arcade Mode.

I think the biggest culprit of spamming or button mashing is anyone who's played a Law in the Tekken series.

You mean the guy that looks like Jackie Chen?  

MaverickDrifter

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:45 pm
my hyper friend likes anything anime and anything fighting.

if you want a button mashing challenge he's the guy to go to.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:59 pm
One of the reasons why I don't like SSBB that much.  

Dude-LAP

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:27 pm
I still don't see how you can button mash and win in Super Smash Brothers. With other fighting games, you're both large models on screen, and you don't have the freedom to move around with. In SSB, the point of the game is to run around and knock your opponent offscreen.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:32 pm
Meta_Fish
I still don't see how you can button mash and win in Super Smash Brothers. With other fighting games, you're both large models on screen, and you don't have the freedom to move around with. In SSB, the point of the game is to run around and knock your opponent offscreen.

Fight against someone using Fox or Falco, at an arena like Final Destination, and then you can see how a button masher can beat you.

...And a little off topic, but one of my favorite games is Mario Super Strikers for the Gamecube. after every multiplayer match, it shows who wins in each stat category. One of the categories is button mashing.  

Dude-LAP

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:35 pm
Dude-LAP
Fight against someone using Fox or Falco, at an arena like Final Destination, and then you can see how a button masher can beat you.
Super Smash Brothers has to be the easiest game to get around button mashers, though. Just JUMP over them or something. The only issue is people that combo you to where you can't do anything or chain grab.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:38 pm
Meta_Fish
Dude-LAP
Super Smash Brothers has to be the easiest game to get around button mashers, though. Just JUMP over them or something. The only issue is people that combo you to where you can't do anything or chain grab.

But I usually play as Donkey Kong, and I usually fail against button mashers, because DK is slow and has a lot of charge attacks. And I'm not saying that the button masher is just mashing buttons. They aren't blindfolded. They're looking at the screen, and moving to where you are, while mashing attack buttons.  

Dude-LAP

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:39 pm
Akward Turtle
Trenn Flashkill
If you can't find a way to counter it, who's the real noob? xd Sorry, I just love that answer. It's kind of true, though. Someone who doesn't know what they're doing should rarely beat someone who does, especially if they're cheesing one move. I should know, I'm a high ranking officerthe queen of the button-masher army.

That was rough. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 pm
Dude-LAP
Meta_Fish
Dude-LAP

But I usually play as Donkey Kong, and I usually fail against button mashers, because DK is slow and has a lot of charge attacks. And I'm not saying that the button masher is just mashing buttons. They aren't blindfolded. They're looking at the screen, and moving to where you are, while mashing attack buttons.
I think you should read the second post of this thread again. xd Really, if you can't get around a button masher, then you need to polish your skeeelz.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:07 am
Meta_Fish
Dude-LAP
Meta_Fish
Dude-LAP

I think you should read the second post of this thread again. xd Really, if you can't get around a button masher, then you need to polish your skeeelz.

Well I never said I was that good... confused

I'm actually good with DK, but not great or elite. But what we're arguing is that button mashing is cheap and makes the game less enjoyable.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:47 am
Dude-LAP
But what we're arguing is that button mashing is cheap and makes the game less enjoyable.
True. But SSB is a great game that eliminates button mashing for the most part.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:55 am
Meta_Fish
Dude-LAP
But what we're arguing is that button mashing is cheap and makes the game less enjoyable.
True. But SSB is a great game that eliminates button mashing for the most part.
Especially on scrolling levels, where button mashers are killed by the level.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:19 am
I agree, button mashing/spamming isn't so bad in brawl. There's just too many ways to evade/punish spammers. You may be helpless at first, but you'll learn to realize how a spammer is going to fight.  

Al Torrenz

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:19 am
BlueSparker
Captain Falcon...FALCON PINCH(Though its fun to see one of them land)
I want to learn how to Falcon Pinch.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces