Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Connecting Wii to the internet, can i get some help? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gutterball29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 pm
Has the Wi-Fi USB thing been discontinued?? Because according to wikipedia: Discontinuation

Oh and can someone help me out aswell-
I use a router and a Mobile Broadband USB depending on where i am, how do i go online on the wii with the mobile broadband?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:05 pm
It is a pretty good product, and has worked for me for a while. Since they discontinued them, you could probably buy one from eBay or Amazon.

...But I wasn't too happy with this item. It works sometimes, but I easily lose connection. My signal is never that strong, and I get disconnected while in the middle of many games.  

Dude-LAP

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 am
-Zephyrotica-
Whatever you do, don't buy the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector.

They're rather short-lived. neutral

I shelled out 90 bucks on those damn things before buying a wireless router gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:49 pm
I heard that Belkin routers are incompatible.
That's probably why they are so cheap.  

melikefood

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:28 pm
melikefood
I heard that Belkin routers are incompatible.
That's probably why they are so cheap.

Then why do I have one and it works?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:28 am
I've heard so often that routers/modems are incompatible with this... incompatible with that... I don't know though, I think it depends on just how you've got everything configured as I've never had issues with these "incompatible devices" being magically compatible with eachother. But anyway...

Long-story short, your PC don't work so either order that USB adapter or get yourself a linksys wireless router and you'll be online in no time. The choice all depends on what works best for you. If you plan on fixing your computer and using it online, then I suggest the router... otherwise if you will only be using your Wii online, then go for the adapter if it's cheaper, but I'll bet a router can be found for less than the adapter.  

Kammesennin

Jiggly Type

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:59 pm
dudes....just buy any regular router... i tried the Wifi USB connector (SUCKED) i wasted 40 bucks for nothing....

i bought a netgear router and it works perfect and i play my wii 2 floors below meh in meh house razz  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff