So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Wanting Challenges for Pokémon Crystal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite second generation Pokémon game?
  Gold
  Silver
  Crystal
  I didn't play any of the second generation games.
View Results

El Dimentio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:57 pm
Another idea for weak Pokemon would be (even your starter counts) not evolving the Pokemon. If you choose Totodile for example, use it and never ever evolve it. Things are bound to get difficult later on. 3nodding

I remember an Everstone in G/S/C, although I'm not sure where it was xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:58 pm
The Pokécenter First Challenge: You are not allowed to use any items unless you are inside the Pokécenter building, and even then they must be the express items for healing. The exception to this rule is the key item folder.  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Ennokni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:42 pm
Play the game using only your pointer finger for the controls

Play the game using only your elbows for the controls

Play the game using only your nose

Play the game using only your feet

Play the game using only your naughty bits (you could get some fake penises and use those if this proves too hard)

Play the game with your head upside-down (hanging off the end of a bed or sofa)

Play the game holding the Game Boy upside down

You aren't ever allowed to look at the screen while you're pressing the D-Pad (memorize where you have to go, and recheck often)

You are only ever allowed to use one attack per Pokemon (i.e. Say your Cyndaquil uses Ember, you are only allowed to use Ember for every other attack ever until you forget it, this applies to all battles)

Never allowed to switch out Pokemon unless dead

Every time you black (white?) out you must restart the game

You must yell out loud (no matter who's nearby) the Pokemon and the attack it's using every time you attack (i.e. Cyndaquil, use Ember!)

You must read all the game's text out loud, even what the NPC's say

You are only allowed to use one species of Pokemon at a time (i.e. If you have Pidgey in your party, you may only use Pidgey's. You can swap out what species you use, but only at Pokemon Centers (obviously). Also, if one of the species evolves, you must immediately stop using either it, or all the non-evolved forms and rush back to a Pokemon Center to store those you do not wish to use)

You are only allowed to use a Pokemon in battle if it's level is a multiple of 2, 3 or 5 (meaning you can't use them when they're levels: 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 49, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 77, 79, 83, 89, 91, or 97. You'll need Exp. Share to get them past those)

Same as above, except you can't use them when the level's a prime number (this makes it slightly less exclusive, allowing you to fight with levels of 49, 77 and 91. You lose the ability to fight on levels 2 and 3 though. You are still allowed to fight at lvl. 5, 'cause that's what the starter starts at)

Finally, You must name you and your rival "The Game" so every time you hear their names, you lose The Game. (Hopefully this will cause a subconscious link between Pokemon and The Game, meaning that in the future, every time you think of Pokemon, you lose The Game. I have tried developing subconscious links between things and The Game before in a number of test subjects, and believe me, it works)

That's about all I can think of. Feel free to use at will, though half of them are copy righted and I will be expecting royalties.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:38 pm
teh_n00b_huntr
Tempered Steel challenge: Starter is Cyndaquil and your only allowed to catch steel-type pokemon

Dark Ambush challenge: Starter is Totodile and your only allowed to catch dark-type pokemon

One of these two should prove to be fun
RULES:
HM slave is allowed but must meet the type requirement.
No rare candies
Must fight every trainer but run from all wild pokemon unless they are one of the above types
Only TM moves you can teach must be of the above type
Tempered Steel exception: you may catch Pineco, Scyther, and Onix only for the express purpose of evolving them, but may not fight them in the wild after catching it.

Dark Ambush won't work well for just Johto because Umbreon is the only dark-type I can get there. Tempered Steel can work with an exception; I'm allowed to catch one non-steel pokémon for Surfing.

Orphie
After getting your first Pokeballs, the next six pokemon that you see (and are able to catch) will make up your team for the rest of the game. An alternative to this would be to catch the first five Pokemon you see and keep your starter in your team.

I'm ditching my starter and trying that one of these times.

El Boricua1
Another idea for weak Pokemon would be (even your starter counts) not evolving the Pokemon. If you choose Totodile for example, use it and never ever evolve it. Things are bound to get difficult later on. 3nodding

I remember an Everstone in G/S/C, although I'm not sure where it was xp

You get the Everstone after Togepi hatches and you show it to Elm. However, Pokémon Stadium 2 lets you store items, so I could save the Everstone from my current playthrough.

Not evolving the pokémon means it learns moves faster, though.

the Lord Zylo
The Pokécenter First Challenge: You are not allowed to use any items unless you are inside the Pokécenter building, and even then they must be the express items for healing. The exception to this rule is the key item folder.

So I can still use the bike. Good.
Does this include pokéballs? I can teach HMs in the Pokémon Center, but that doesn't help much with catching pokémon.

Ennokni gets his own reply since his list is so long.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:54 pm
Ennokni
Play the game using only your pointer finger for the controls

Doesn't sound too bad.

Ennokni
Play the game using only your elbows for the controls

Maybe.

Ennokni
Play the game using only your nose

Again, maybe.

Ennokni
Play the game using only your feet

It'd take some getting used to, but I could try it.

Ennokni
Play the game using only your naughty bits (you could get some fake penises and use those if this proves too hard)

Game Boy Color + period = BAD ENDING

Ennokni
Play the game with your head upside-down (hanging off the end of a bed or sofa)

Play the game holding the Game Boy upside down

I've done the first a few times, but never through more than a city. I could try both, though.

Ennokni
You aren't ever allowed to look at the screen while you're pressing the D-Pad (memorize where you have to go, and recheck often)

Sounds fun.

Ennokni
You are only ever allowed to use one attack per Pokemon (i.e. Say your Cyndaquil uses Ember, you are only allowed to use Ember for every other attack ever until you forget it, this applies to all battles)

BRB, stocking up on ethers and elixirs.

Ennokni
Never allowed to switch out Pokemon unless dead

I could do that.

Ennokni
Every time you black (white?) out you must restart the game

I do that already. XD

Ennokni
You must yell out loud (no matter who's nearby) the Pokemon and the attack it's using every time you attack (i.e. Cyndaquil, use Ember!)

Possibly.

Ennokni
You must read all the game's text out loud, even what the NPC's say

Again, I do this already.

Ennokni
You are only allowed to use one species of Pokemon at a time (i.e. If you have Pidgey in your party, you may only use Pidgey's. You can swap out what species you use, but only at Pokemon Centers (obviously). Also, if one of the species evolves, you must immediately stop using either it, or all the non-evolved forms and rush back to a Pokemon Center to store those you do not wish to use)

BRB, hoarding Everstones.

Ennokni
You are only allowed to use a Pokemon in battle if it's level is a multiple of 2, 3 or 5 (meaning you can't use them when they're levels: 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 49, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 77, 79, 83, 89, 91, or 97. You'll need Exp. Share to get them past those)

BRB, hoarding Exp. Shares.

Ennokni
Same as above, except you can't use them when the level's a prime number (this makes it slightly less exclusive, allowing you to fight with levels of 49, 77 and 91. You lose the ability to fight on levels 2 and 3 though. You are still allowed to fight at lvl. 5, 'cause that's what the starter starts at)

See above.

Ennokni
Finally, You must name you and your rival "The Game" so every time you hear their names, you lose The Game. (Hopefully this will cause a subconscious link between Pokemon and The Game, meaning that in the future, every time you think of Pokemon, you lose The Game. I have tried developing subconscious links between things and The Game before in a number of test subjects, and believe me, it works)

I hate you.
I'm only doing this one if I combine it with the 'read all onscreen text' challenge. And then playing the game around family members and friends.

Ennokni
That's about all I can think of. Feel free to use at will, though half of them are copy righted and I will be expecting royalties.

No. *shoots weak point for massive damage*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:41 am
Zephyrkitty

Ennokni

Wimp. But if it matters that much, I don't know, use your nipples then.

Zephyrkitty
I hate you.
I'm only doing this one if I combine it with the 'read all onscreen text' challenge. And then playing the game around family members and friends.

Ha, didn't see that coming (I assume).
Too bad Gary's not the rival in that game. The Game: Smell ya later!

Zephyrkitty
Ennokni

No. *shoots weak point for massive damage*

Aww, man.

I'm glad you like 'em, I'm also impressed at your skill in hoarding.

What about playing through the whole game only using the move "Return"?  

Ennokni

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:53 am
Teach your pets moves with only 5 PP and win the game with Struggle.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:19 am
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr
Tempered Steel challenge: Starter is Cyndaquil and your only allowed to catch steel-type pokemon

Dark Ambush challenge: Starter is Totodile and your only allowed to catch dark-type pokemon

One of these two should prove to be fun
RULES:
HM slave is allowed but must meet the type requirement.
No rare candies
Must fight every trainer but run from all wild pokemon unless they are one of the above types
Only TM moves you can teach must be of the above type
Tempered Steel exception: you may catch Pineco, Scyther, and Onix only for the express purpose of evolving them, but may not fight them in the wild after catching it.

Dark Ambush won't work well for just Johto because Umbreon is the only dark-type I can get there. Tempered Steel can work with an exception; I'm allowed to catch one non-steel pokémon for Surfing.
You forgot about Houndoor/Houndoom, Sneasel, and Murkrow. I forgot to make an exception for larvitar so you could get Tyranitar.

only one non-steel type as an HM slave ninja

NEW CHALLENGE APPROACHING!
Evolution Pokemon Challenge
As soon as is possible your team can only consist of Eevee and its evolutions, you are free to use all or only a few if you so desire  

teh_n00b_huntr

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:24 am
Ditto challenge.

YOU MUST NAME ALL YOUR POKERMEN DITTO HAHAHAHAHA  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:33 am
I just want to note, for any of my ideas where the question arises "can I have an HM Slave?" the answer is no. If you need a, I dunno, Sudowoodo or whatever for Rock smash, everyone in your party has to be a Sudowoodo (good luck). I forget if this would apply to any other challenges, but yeah, no HM Slaves.
For that other challenge of only 1 move per pokemon, I'm gonna say that if you want to use an HM with a pokemon, that also has to be the move you use in battle. If Sudowoodo knows Rock Smash and you intend to use it outside of battle, it also has to be the move you use in every attack. If you decide to use a different attack, you're not allowed to use Rock Smash outside of battle.

I guess you don't have to adhere to these rules, but they're extra credit.  

Ennokni

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:07 pm
- 3 poketeers

only use the first three pokemon you catch to get you through battles in johto.

you can have more for HM tanks however.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:23 pm
Beat the entire game with nothing but up to four HM slaves.

All of their attacks must be HMs, and every HM in the game must be on at least one of them.  

Al Torrenz

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:32 pm
No poke-center - Not allowed to heal at pokecenters, you can use PC's though

One use only - You can only teach a HM/TM once to a single pokemon. should be easy for TMs but try dealing with HMS ;D, choose wisely.

One use; one only - Same as above but you can only teach one TM/HM to a pokemon.

All the same - You pick one type, every pokemon on your team must be that type. Can be changed if all pokemon are changed to the new type. Sub-types are allowed if the other sub-type is your selected type.

Super all the same - Same as All the same but you can have only one type combination. E.I. If you have only fire, then you can have no sub-types. If you have normal/flying, then you can have only normal/flying types.

I'll add more. These are easy to medium in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:06 pm
Zephyrkitty
Ennokni

DX

How about these:

Don't ever use Fly. (easy, but tedious)

Unown only (other than an HM slave, which you can't battle with)

Only catch pokemon with your first five pokeballs. That's it. If you want an HM slave, save one pokeball for later. (Resetting IS allowed)

Wanna kill yourself? Only Shiny pokemon. (You can use only your starter till you get one)  

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:11 pm
WylrPnufh
Wanna kill yourself? Only Shiny pokemon. (You can use only your starter till you get one)
xd at least you can get one without much trouble  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces