Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Hard times with jobs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satsu - kun 13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:15 pm
i work at night to wal mart and it's killing me cause i dont have time to nothing... i sleep almost all day and then i go to work... stare my social life is becoming complicated and my gf is very mad at me cause i never have time to her... *sighs*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:56 pm
This is a topic I know lots of people can relate to. I myself was in school, until they decided I had too many hours attempted and not enough completed, after letting me go through the whole summer with a 3.75gpa neutral Anyways, after I wasn't able to win that appeal, I went to look for work. Being only available for certain hours a day, that option became nil. I had two callbacks, but without interviews. Even after I opened up my workable times, still no offers for employment. Luckily I have a fiancee that is understanding and works his butt off to make up for the funds. It has been over two years since I last worked, and it sucks depending on someone else to make ends meet all the time. Lottery isn't cooperating and I haven't found any long-lost relatives who left me millions yet, lol. But hey, there is always hope as long as you have faith! smile  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arabanth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:52 pm
i had a work but i quit it cus they robbed 50% of my income cus i was a rookie! scream now i have to go back to school with no money!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:21 pm
I was layed off two years ago and still have yet to find permanent work. Ive almost become that demegraphic CNN likes to use alot when talking about unemployment numbers.......those who have given up sad  

Old Ugly Bunny

obe1ball

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:10 pm
I have a job rit now! But it is a long haul from my house to my job! I have been looking for a job closer to my house but i have not been able to find one! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:29 am
I am one of those included in the high unemployment rates in the State of Michigan. Been unemployed now since May, 2006, a very long 2 years and 7 months to date. Medical issues keep holding me back from seeking full time work and I do not qualify enough to receive SS Disability. My son and I live on the support checks from my Ex, in which that monthly amount puts us over the limit for State cash assistance. We at least qualify for State food assistance and health insurance, of which I am extremely grateful for, along be being able to keep a roof over our heads.  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:50 pm
I to live in Michigan and it is really rough here. My children are looking to other states for employment since there is nothing here. I feel for all those who are losing their homes, it is so rough for the kids, they don't understand what's going on. My husband and I are retired and we would hate for our children to move but they have to do what's best for their families. There is an old saying going around in Michigan now, "Would the last person out of Michigan, please turn out the lights". Sad but true.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:24 pm
I feel for every one suffering with this rescession! fortunatly for me even though britain is starting to feel the pinch, ive managed to land a good job selling energy. my advice to any one looking for work right now is to try and get a job canvassing for an energy or phone company. customers dont actualy have to pay anything, they hypertheticaly just save money. its a corner of the market that will never dry up cos people will always need gas and electric and want a land line phone/broadband package. you just have to convince people you can save them money. pic the right
company and you realy can!  

-Stumblefoot-
Crew

Timid Punk

Mikiba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:30 pm
I work at a retail clothing store. It's okay for now, but it's like barely paying the bills. I get raises every year but it's not enough. I've tried looking for other jobs but they always offered lower than what I'm getting paid now, so I'm just trying to stay at my current job until something much better comes along. I just fear with the economy the way that it is that it won't get much better. :/  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:39 pm
i hear ya, I'm lucky to have something to pay my bill while I'm stuck at home but I have been looking for something better for 6 months and am getting no where gonk

btw long time no talk ^-^  

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

mithrril

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:42 pm
Well, my husband got laid off from his job...I guess 6 months ago or so. His unemployment is about to run out. My job was paying well enough for us to pay the bills each month, but I got laid off 3 weeks ago, along with half of my company. It's been pretty hard and I have no leads so far. My husband has been offered jobs at a couple places but they always end up backing out or disappearing off the face of the earth. I haven't been looking too long, obviously, but I don't have much hopes. My uncle just loaned me $5,000 to keep me going because, if I can't find something where I live, I'm going to need to move back in with my mother. My husband and I would really like to...you know...not move back in with my mom. And my family lives in a really small town in an area where there are even less jobs than where I live! I hope the economy gets better soon but, from the looks of it, it'll be awhile before we find something. I'm hoping to qualify for food stamps soon as we have literally no income now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:16 pm
I lost my job in July and haven't been called anywhere. I keep applying but I think I'm getting the run around cause there are a lot of places hiring MEN. sweatdrop  

Marquess of Pembroke

Aelita the Dark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:55 pm
after leaving uni earlier this year... nothing! admittedly i procrastinated slightly when looking for one at first, but i wish i had not as now it seems that no body wants to take me on. getting pretty ridiculous now, but its not yet dire so im hoping i can still get myself out of this slump. nobody wants me haha maybe ill work in a pawn shop, they seem to be making a resurgence over here in the uk.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:34 pm
I'm now grateful to say that JCPenney is not laying me off because I'm apparently a good enough worker for them. I'm paying my bills, but that's about it. I hoping a can get a new job with my boyfriend's sister organizing substitute teachers in Michigan, but it's just going to be another job I don't want to do. I want to go back a do seasonal work for the National Park Service, but I need money initially to get out there. *shrugs and pats all of those who are unemployed on the back* Just hang in there everyone.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

charamath

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:33 pm
I was doing really well with my own business until this late fall. Then I squeaked in a job working retail because the manager loves my mother. I was supposed to be just seasonal, but it looks like they'll keep me on because I'm one of the few people there who actually WORK. Haven't decided if that's a good thing or not since my business is still surviving, albeit barely, and this job pays squat and is quite a drive.

My main goal is to finally get a student loan outta my old man and try riding out the recession for as long as I can while in college for 2-3 years. Though with Obama's experience and dubious cabinet I'd have to be like Vanwilder and never leave college for 8 years for the recession to be gone by the time I'm out.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff