Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Opinion on Pagan/Wicca
  They are false! They should Join us and save themselves
  They will burn in hell!!!
  I think its fine.
  Sounds cool, maybe I might look into it.
  I don't care about it!
  meh.
  I AM a pagan!
View Results

Fallpray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 am
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Tornadomaster_Auron
Um......Would this lovely banter be considered off topic? And yes, it is good to see someone out there studying other religions. I only got around to exploring ancient Norse mythology (yes, there are still people who worship Odin and Thor and all those.) before I was turned onto the path of Christianity
The topic is asking bout what people think of Wicca.

I think it's good if a pagan learns bout other religions or a Christian to learn about other religions while looking from the inside instead of the outside. It shows intelligence and tolerance of others. Cultural relativism < ethnocentrisim. Who knows all the different Pagan Gods and Goddesses could be the same as the Christian God.

Wicca and Christianity have similar concepts. Wicca is about loving all things in nature (trees, flowers, animals, people, even that annoying kid down the street that you want to punch) and Christianity is about loving everyone.

And if it harm none, do what ye will=Love thy neighbor.
i have to agree with this. however just because a christian loves thy neighbor, that doesn't mean they have to approve of what the neighbor does.
You'll be surprised that a lot of my Christian friends do approve and respect my pagan beliefs and now that they are my beliefs and they can't change them.
I can go with respect with a fair amount of tolerance. But to approve is way out of question for a Christian.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 pm
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Tornadomaster_Auron
Um......Would this lovely banter be considered off topic? And yes, it is good to see someone out there studying other religions. I only got around to exploring ancient Norse mythology (yes, there are still people who worship Odin and Thor and all those.) before I was turned onto the path of Christianity

I think it's good if a pagan learns bout other religions or a Christian to learn about other religions while looking from the inside instead of the outside. It shows intelligence and tolerance of others. Cultural relativism < ethnocentrisim. Who knows all the different Pagan Gods and Goddesses could be the same as the Christian God.

Wicca and Christianity have similar concepts. Wicca is about loving all things in nature (trees, flowers, animals, people, even that annoying kid down the street that you want to punch) and Christianity is about loving everyone.

i have to agree with this. however just because a christian loves thy neighbor, that doesn't mean they have to approve of what the neighbor does.
You'll be surprised that a lot of my Christian friends do approve and respect my pagan beliefs and now that they are my beliefs and they can't change them.
I can go with respect with a fair amount of tolerance. But to approve is way out of question for a Christian.

What he speaks is the truth. I respect my friends choices in their faith. That does not mean I approve of them. I am always trying to spread the word of our Lord, albeit, I have not spread it quite well.  

Tornadomaster_Auron

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:54 am
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Tornadomaster_Auron

Telling someone they are wrong for what they believe in and for following THEIR own path isn't giving respect. Not by a long shot.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:08 am
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Tornadomaster_Auron

Telling someone they are wrong for what they believe in and for following THEIR own path isn't giving respect. Not by a long shot.

Think of it with this: What would Jesus say about other religions?

Christians are not suppose to respect other religions. Personally, I do not insult other religions openly and vocally. In my heart, I just have to know other religions are false. If I need to voice out about it to a non believer, I will try to do it tactfully.  

Fallpray

Tornadomaster_Auron

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 am
The true meaning of Christianity is "Like Christ", so just try to spread his word, and hope that the Lord lights their path and turns them to the proper path  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:20 am
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Christians are not suppose to respect other religions. Personally, I do not insult other religions openly and vocally. In my heart, I just have to know other religions are false. If I need to voice out about it to a non believer, I will try to do it tactfully.
Jesus ate with sinners. He let them go about their business and didn't push anything on them.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Fallpray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:24 am
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Jesus ate with sinners. He let them go about their business and didn't push anything on them.
With that reply I assume you meant EVERYTHING I have said is wrong.

Which means you say that:
Jesus said that Christian should respect other religions (other gods)

And you also said:
he let sinners do whatever they like.

I mean please.... if you want to go about an intelligent discussion, please know your stuffs.... =/

I demand that you quote Bible verses to support ALL your points from now on (including the previous point). I am ready to quote bible verses anytime.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:18 pm
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith

And you also said:

I mean please.... if you want to go about an intelligent discussion, please know your stuffs.... =/

I demand that you quote Bible verses to support ALL your points from now on (including the previous point). I am ready to quote bible verses anytime.
I do know my stuff. And please use proper english if you want to have an intelligent discussion. Fact of the matter is, The Bible says a lot of things and we can't be certain that Jesus said any of it or had a part in writing it. It's second hand information. It's a he said she said account so something is going to be left out. If you really think that Jesus was a forceful person and would condone your acts you have another thing coming. Your acts are something the Pharisees would do. And last I checked Jesus was against the Pharisees.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Fallpray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:16 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith

And you also said:

I do know my stuff. And please use proper english if you want to have an intelligent discussion. Fact of the matter is, The Bible says a lot of things and we can't be certain that Jesus said any of it or had a part in writing it. It's second hand information. It's a he said she said account so something is going to be left out. If you really think that Jesus was a forceful person and would condone your acts you have another thing coming. Your acts are something the Pharisees would do. And last I checked Jesus was against the Pharisees.

[The Bible says a lot of things and we can't be certain that Jesus said any of it or had a part in writing it. It's second hand information. It's a he said she said account so something is going to be left out.]

Which imply you mean the Bible is not accurate (enough?) and has fake information. Bringing up a point (that Jesus omited something) you can't prove either way is silly and a waste of time. And saying that the Bible contains fake information is a very BIG thing.

John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

You ignored the fact that believers have the Holy Spirit to guide them which equate Jesus is with us all the time! If you think he left out something, ask him right now whether he has indeed left out anything.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

And the Bible has the final authority for discerning, teaching and rebuking. If you have doubt in the Bible's authority in biblical matters (because you claimed that it is has fake and missing information), there is no need to discuss anymore.

[If you really think that Jesus was a forceful person and would condone your acts you have another thing coming. Your acts are something the Pharisees would do. And last I checked Jesus was against the Pharisees.]

I don't understand what you are talking about. And please quote verses. Or all those words are just pointless presumptions and accusations.

*** One more thing. Since you are not a Christian if I recalled correctly, I have to assume safely that the Holy Spirit is not speaking through you or that you are not guided by one, and that you don't pray to Jesus now. It is imperative that one is guided by the Spirit when reading or interpreting Bible verses and passages. I suggest you stop discussing now because it's a waste of time to both of us.

*** On a side note. I will still pray for you and may everything be well with your life. It's after all only a discussion. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:44 am
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith

And you also said:

[The Bible says a lot of things and we can't be certain that Jesus said any of it or had a part in writing it. It's second hand information. It's a he said she said account so something is going to be left out.]

Which imply you mean the Bible is not accurate (enough?) and has fake information. Bringing up a point (that Jesus omited something) you can't prove either way is silly and a waste of time. And saying that the Bible contains fake information is a very BIG thing.

John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

You ignored the fact that believers have the Holy Spirit to guide them which equate Jesus is with us all the time! If you think he left out something, ask him right now whether he has indeed left out anything.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

And the Bible has the final authority for discerning, teaching and rebuking. If you have doubt in the Bible's authority in biblical matters (because you claimed that it is has fake and missing information), there is no need to discuss anymore.

[If you really think that Jesus was a forceful person and would condone your acts you have another thing coming. Your acts are something the Pharisees would do. And last I checked Jesus was against the Pharisees.]

I don't understand what you are talking about. And please quote verses. Or all those words are just pointless presumptions and accusations.

*** One more thing. Since you are not a Christian if I recalled correctly, I have to assume safely that the Holy Spirit is not speaking through you or that you are not guided by one, and that you don't pray to Jesus now. It is imperative that one is guided by the Spirit when reading or interpreting Bible verses and passages. I suggest you stop discussing now because it's a waste of time to both of us.

*** On a side note. I will still pray for you and may everything be well with your life. It's after all only a discussion. whee
By calling yourself a Christian you don't have the holy spirit either by acting like the Pharisees. Pray for those who are poor, unhappy, miserable with their lives not those who have been miserable as a Christian but are happy with the path they are on. I pray to God not to the son of God. Jesus is the creation and a great man. (Archaology supports that he existed fyi.) He died for every single human being on this earth not just Christians (who came about AFTER his death). He didn't want to be worshipped nor did he want a religion named after him.

And it's a public discussion. I don't have to be Christian to discuss your book or religion, to study either, or state MY opinion. I can move out of this discussion when I WANT to. If you wish to drop it then drop it. If not then please proceed

Also if you are going to quote something then try putting it in your own words. biggrin  

Neferet -House of Night-

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:57 am
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Genesis of Faith
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Just one little note in this thread, and then I don't think I'll say any more.

Jesus asked people to follow him. Sure, that's not pushing anything on anyone, but that is asking sinners to repent and lead a righteous life. Some accepted and some didn't. Whether or not they did, Jesus still treated them the same, loved them the same, and respected their decision. That's what Christians should do.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:23 pm
While I know pagans and everything, I still believe that Jesus is the sole way to heaven. There's nothing about how you can worship nature and stuff and still end up in paradise.
I don't think they should be shunned or anything like that. I mean Jesus really worked on reaching out to people who we'ren't Christian. I know they aren't "devil-worshippers" but real people with feelings and spirituality too.  

SUPERSQUIRRELX

The Beautiful jewel

5,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:16 am
Ok so my thought on this is I am glad that you are investigating other religions. Maybe one of those you will like and follow. I personally hope that you follow Christianity but it is all up to you.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:43 pm
I personally tossed pagan religions in the 'false' pile when I realized that they worshiped things individually, whereas one of the big themes in monotheism is unity. It seemed to me better to recognize that all things have their roots in God. I didn't see the point in breaking divinity up into little chunks.  

ShideKnight

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces