Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:26 pm
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
A lot of my pagan friends refer to ourselves as heathens because that's what most Christians regard us as. ^.^ But I am a noobie pagan since I'm new to the whole pagan thing.

In the Oxford English Dictionary, pagan and heathen mean the same thing. so either one works.
I know. But most people call Atheists heathens instead of pagans because pagans believe in many Gods and Goddesses whereas Atheists do not. Heathen has sort of a null/void definition and can be applied to anyone where as pagan is referred to those that specifically follow the Polytheistic religions.

quite true, but the definition is "one who does not believe in the mainstream religions"... that's it, but I prefer the term "non-believer" because heathens and pagans were killed during major points in Europe's dark history. So, I would rather keep that in the past. This is probably the only issue I will go PC on.

Though Paganism has become more mainstream within the past few years...well Wicca has at least.

Paganism is still quite taboo. Mainly those dealing with witchcraft-type stereotypes. (And I know Wiccans, they are cool cats.) so really, it is more a a hidden mainstream religion. Most people do not wish to acknowledge it too much. I know it is out there, so I acknowledge it to an extent. I am in no way saying it is right, but I acknowledge that it is there.

So, even if this offends you, I am praying for you to find what I believe is the Truth. (after all, if we do not offend every once in a while and only play down and raise our hands in surrender, we will get no where when it comes to evangelizing.)

heart
I used to be Christian..well Catholic anyways it just wasn't for me. I always felt that you had to do something in order for people to actually care about you and I didn't like all the fighting in Christianity so I went Deist then became a pagan mainly cause one of my friends even though he's Agnostic, he still practices some version of paganism, is a very interesting fellow and he's been making the push towards it even going as far as wanting to teach me a few things. Which I do need a teacher of sorts, sometimes research doesn't cut it for me and I need to experience it for myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:30 pm
That explains a lot then.  

SloanSage

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:53 pm
Anywhoot ... I'm a nondenominational, "organic" Christian.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:58 pm
I'm a Christian!
........................Christian
........................./....../
Which means Christ-like.
And I'd rather be identified that way than of any old denomination.  

brad175

Ricette

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:01 am
brad175
I'm a Christian!
Which means Christ-like.
So you are kind to even the worst of sinners, you are forgiving, and loving, you know not to cast the first stone, to not hate on thy neighbor and ot live and let love?

Honestly?

I doubt you are. No Christian I know is really Christian or "Christ-like"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:04 pm
Ricette
brad175
I'm a Christian!
Which means Christ-like.
So you are kind to even the worst of sinners, you are forgiving, and loving, you know not to cast the first stone, to not hate on thy neighbor and ot live and let love?

Honestly?

Simple. Just forgive people in your heart and pray for them.

Most of the fervent Christians I have seen are those who are serving actively in the ministry.  

Fallpray

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:10 pm
Genesis of Faith
Ricette
brad175
I'm a Christian!
Which means Christ-like.

Honestly?

Most of the fervent Christians I have seen are those who are serving actively in the ministry.

That wasn't enough for Christ. He went from town to town and debated with the local religious institutions, and he talked to the people. He told them of the true nature of God.

Of course, within five hundred years or so, they'd glossed over, forgotten or conveniently ignored just about everything He'd said.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:54 pm
divineseraph
Genesis of Faith
Ricette
brad175
I'm a Christian!
Which means Christ-like.

Honestly?

That wasn't enough for Christ. He went from town to town and debated with the local religious institutions, and he talked to the people. He told them of the true nature of God.

Of course, within five hundred years or so, they'd glossed over, forgotten or conveniently ignored just about everything He'd said.
And replaced whatever he said with evil, hateful and violent speech and sent people to kill others in order to convert the masses. biggrin  

Neferet -House of Night-

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:34 pm
That was the next step, yes.

Basically, it went something like this-

Jesus- "Don't kill people, and forget about worldly possessions."
Crusaders- "What was that? Kill people for worldly possessions?"

But the same thing happened, quite epically, in the old testament. I kid you not, crack this book open, look at the 10 commandments. "Though shalt not kill" is a notable one. On the next page, a list of people to kill. They got one page before a simple message like "Don't kill people" got completely ********. I figure us with Jesus trying to preach about dropping worldly needs in favor of the divine excellence of the cosmos, we didn't really have a chance.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:43 pm
Well no one has a chance of doing well enough to be saved by our actions anyway.  

OneWithDunamis

Fallpray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:05 am
divineseraph

But the same thing happened, quite epically, in the old testament. I kid you not, crack this book open, look at the 10 commandments. "Though shalt not kill" is a notable one. On the next page, a list of people to kill. They got one page before a simple message like "Don't kill people" got completely ********. I figure us with Jesus trying to preach about dropping worldly needs in favor of the divine excellence of the cosmos, we didn't really have a chance.
The actual word used in the Hebrew is actually 'murder'. As far as the OT is concerned it is okay to kill for God. It's only when Jesus started to preach that we should love our enemies and pray for them, things started to get a bit confusing. Christians don't have to follow quite a number of traditions in the OT. I suppose we should stick to the NT teachings if there was any contradiction between OT and NT teachings.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:09 pm
I'm Methodist, basically more hardline protestant than Church of England (who are all 'cake or death').  

lord-kensington

Dapper Guildsman

6,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:09 am
Ricette
brad175
I'm a Christian!
Which means Christ-like.

Honestly?

unless he is a saint or an angel :3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:24 am
Genesis of Faith
divineseraph

The actual word used in the Hebrew is actually 'murder'. As far as the OT is concerned it is okay to kill for God. It's only when Jesus started to preach that we should love our enemies and pray for them, things started to get a bit confusing. Christians don't have to follow quite a number of traditions in the OT. I suppose we should stick to the NT teachings if there was any contradiction between OT and NT teachings.
Murder is the act of unlawful KILLING. Homicide is a fancier way of saying both. If you don't know what the word means look it up in the dictionary. Don't assume the meaning. The point is, what the Crusaders did was wrong. They slaughtered millions of innocent people. Is that something Jesus would've want? Or God for that matter?  

Neferet -House of Night-

Three Mile Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:10 am
lord-kensington
I'm Methodist, basically more hardline protestant than Church of England (who are all 'cake or death').

Hail Brother!!!  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces