Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Fiction, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Guild [Reading, Writing,

Back to Guilds

Reply The FSFBG
You Know You're Obsessed with books when.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold or books?
  books ^^
  gold...
View Results

godhi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:17 am
You know you're obsessed with books...
When your book collection is worth more than your car.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:13 pm
godhi
You know you're obsessed with books...
When your book collection is worth more than your car.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Agreed!!!!!

You know you're obessed with books when...your name is written more than once on the index card in the front of the book at the library. (That was before libraries used computers. Ahhh those were the days)

You know you are obessed with books when...you see those poor people in the library using the computers and not browsing the glorious selection of books. Such a waste of a library!!!

You know you're obessed with books when...a hard back book is the coolest thing you own!!! Totally!!!

You know you're obessed with books when... you can lose yourself in a back and not resurface for days!!!  

Bun-Chan

Tommy Dionysus

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:24 am
When you have so many you ran out of places to keep them.

Or when you read 12 books at once and still have all the storylines straight in your head.

Or you read an entire seven book series, plus like ten other books, all in one year.
(( Seriously, I know people who can't even finish one book in a year, so when I read over seventeen in one year, even I was impressed. XD ))

When you started reading Anne Rice and Steven King at eight years old.
(( The Talisman, The Shinning, Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Witching Hour... All of which I need to reread at some point. ))

When you read almost non-stop for five days straight, even at work, when you know you're not supposed to, but its just such a good book that you can read it while helping people fix their digital cable and not get distracted from your job.

When you know you're going to like or hate a book just from touching it.

When you can sing something and be reading a totally unrelated book at the same time.

Or you take things from books you like and throw them randomly into the D&D game you're DMing.

And finally, you're definitely obsessed with books when instead of going to high school like a normal teenager, you spend all your time at home reading books on anything and everything you can find, fiction and non-fiction alike.
(( Seriously, I stopped attending school in 7th grade, and when high school came around, I flirted with the idea, but remembered that grade school had taught me nothing my parents and good books hadn't already told me. So instead of going to high school, I read everything I could think of, and will just go for my GED soon. I want to be a teacher so that I can actually teach kids stuff. ))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:10 pm
you know your obsessed with books when... the library is actualy a class.

you know your obsessed with books when... you dont go to lunch durring school rather you spend it in the library.

you know your obsessed with books when... you yell at your teacher (not intending to) for inturupting you while you read durring class (yeah i got 2 days after school for that. and when i say yell i actualy yelled at him it was rather embarresing.)  

giliras

Agent Bard

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:57 pm
You know you're obsessed with books when....

...you've needed to get a new bookshelf multiple times because your previous one was too small to fit all your books in.

...you hope that your next gift will be a $75 gift card to a bookstore.

...you tell people you read for fun and are confounded to as why others don't do the same.

...you consider the smell of the pages of a book to be a very important quality to it.

...you've learned more from books than you have from your public education.

...you wish, on a dull day, that you were currently living inside the world of your most recently read book.

...you have dreams where you are inside of the book you are reading.

...you are convinced that somewhere out there, the Tolkien universe and the Star Wars one really do exist ninja

...when you can count the number of hours a week you spend at the library using whole numbers.

...when you buy various special editions of a book that you already have; like the 50 year anniversary one, the illustrated version, the deluxe illustrated one, the hardcover, the soft cover, the extended commentary edition, the bilingual version....

...when you get introuble at home for reading too much and not having enough "social interaction".

...when you've had your precious books taken away during class because you've thought the ending to The Tower of Shadows was far more interesting than learning about the Congress of Vienna.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 am
Oh wow, I've done almost all of these!

You know you're obsessed with books when:

• Your English teachers (all through your school years) yells at you to put away the book, and even makes sure it's safely zipped up in the bottom of your bag.
  • You've been grounded from reading and it was worse than any other punishment you've endured
  • You read and walk at the same time, frequently
  • Your friends don't bother with asking what you want as a present, unless they want to know the name of a specific book you want
  • You correct teachers when they talk about a book
  • You constantly want to make jokes that would only make sense if others read the same book (and memorized as much of it as you have!)

FireFox479

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

pumpkinbun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:37 am
Fairy Alchemist 96
You know you're obsessed with books when......You write/narrate yourself into your favourite book.
(Guilty and charged sweatdrop )

I narrate myself to books too often sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 am
you know when your obsessed with books when:

- your left blazer pocket is actually been stretched bigger so you can carry and big book/multiple books around school (guilty)

- when you spend ALL of your money just to buy one book (guilty, to be fair it was a 1st edition and i love the series)

- when you enjoy sorting out your books (guilty countless times)

- when you read the equivelent of around 800 pages for 10 hours straight before coming down stairs a 10pm asking for dinner. (guilty)

- when you cant walk out of water stones with out buying books (guilty, but i can just about do this when i am brike, but its painful)

- when you take a book to alton towers (guilty)

- when your usually one of the top 5 readers in your school including first place

Just Tsuki

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:31 pm
Tsuki Yuki Kuki

- when you enjoy sorting out your books (guilty countless times)

I just did that on Saturday. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:34 pm
I do it every couple of months, and whenever I get somewhere new to keep them. I don't have enough room for all of my books right now, so the ones on my shelf are the ones I've read, and the ones I plan on reading are at the front, and the ones I am reading are not on the shelf at all. ^^;; I have too many books and not enough room; I have to read at least five books at a time in order to have room, and I still don't have enough room. But man, is it ever fun to look through the titles and sort them by author, or by genre, or however I feel like it.

I want to run my own Library.

Oh! You know you're obsessed with books when you want to run your own Library! <3  

Tommy Dionysus

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Just Tsuki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:37 pm
he he!! lol i some how manage to make book sorting dangerous. i have them piled all round me in teetering piles where you can trip over them; balance on ancient laudry baskets trying to get books to the top piles; and i some how magaged to get 75% of my collection onto 1 set of cheap plywood shelves that lent waaayyyyy to far to the left and the fell on me gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:40 pm
When you just want to read  

murphyreads

giliras

Agent Bard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:15 pm
you know your obsessed when...

...your teachers take away the book your reading...
so you pull out another ^_^

...when your librarians and yourself share lunch. xD

...when you spend more time reading than doing work in class.

...and yep i did it again i kinda started yo yell at my english teacher. so i just walked out of class for a few minuets xD.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:19 pm
.... when you spend all day in bed reading and hold that pee you need so desperatly for 8 hours

.... when your school library prints out the list of all the boks you have read and it's too thick for you to staple it. (and you can track your history through it)

... when you have to step over the piles of books beside your bed because you read them, then set them down, and you're so busy reading, you don't put them back!  

hellbells

nontoxicpaint

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 pm
you know you're obsessed with books when you haven't watched tv for a month  
The FSFBG

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items