Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:47 pm
mystiqueeee
Neither did i..but i have learnt..because everybody speaks that these days

So instead of attempting to be an example of proper writing and grammar, you'd rather sink to their level. rolleyes
I'm sorry, but if you come up to me and start a conversation using chat speak, I'm going to write you off as a 13 year old.
Heck, I know 13 year olds who can communicate clearly without chatspeak.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:15 pm
mystiqueeee
Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:34 pm
Oh, yes, thank you! I didn't grow up with chatspeak so I have a lot of trouble decoding it.

You should have learned English first...  

The Goddess Eclaire

14,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Sefar Morisota

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:26 pm
ah yes, the lil 'uns that call you old when you give advice and turn around talking about sex like they've been doing it for years, knowing full well that everyone knows that they are really virgins. yes, they are getting very stupid. wouldn't mind giving some of them the beating of their lives  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:18 am
Lady Sarrie
mystiqueeee
Taxi Mama

Oh, yes, thank you! I didn't grow up with chatspeak so I have a lot of trouble decoding it.

i have been writting english all this time...did it look like gibberish to you or something?...n what do u do about people who dont know english..do u suggest they take up an english crash course so that they can talk here?  

mystiqueeee

mystiqueeee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:22 am
Karill
mystiqueeee

So instead of attempting to be an example of proper writing and grammar, you'd rather sink to their level. rolleyes
I'm sorry, but if you come up to me and start a conversation using chat speak, I'm going to write you off as a 13 year old.
Heck, I know 13 year olds who can communicate clearly without chatspeak.

Sweetheart this is not ur english class ...n i wasnt talkin about the kids talkin in chat speak..almost evryone using the net uses chat speak these days...and please put this into consideration..we are not talking about chat speak here..  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:29 am
Will you guys quit dissing mystiqueeee? She's merely adapting to the internet environment where a good portion of people do talk using abbreviations and shortened forms of words. And it's not leet-speak. 7h15 15 1337 5p34k. She's also proven that she can type in proper english. I know a lot of people who actually use net-speak/sms-speak in casual settings but are perfectly capable of producing a proper university-level paper. I personally don't bother as much with punctuation in a chat setting. Cut them some slack. It's not like this forum is part of some english literature conference.

But... back to the original topic:
It doesn't seem to be so much of an age issue as a maturity issue to me. The youngest I've talked to (not on Gaia) was 9 years old and she seemed pretty decent to me. Of course, I've also seen quite a few tweens around here talking about things that are generally recognised as taboo, and thinking they're cool for knowing it. From what I've experienced and seen, 8 year-olds already have some decent sense of what's right or wrong if they've been taught about it. So the whole cybersex at the age of 10 most likely boils down to bad parenting, schooling and general social environment.  

TheHellDevil

Mrs_Black_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:51 am
Brain Akazariua
10 year olds aren't on gaia, they get banned till their 13 or they are lying about their age in which case their parents are responsible for the childs sanity.
and what's the world heading to when older people like yourself are to lazy to even spell out their damn words. it's not weird kids are getting/acting dumber with the year rolleyes
I agree with you I hate LEET/chat speak it drives me up the wall, and kids these days ahhhh i hope any kids i have dont turn into such foul creatures.

And I am jelous you have a d-tail which I was questing for on the acount I locked myself out of  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:35 am
I just find threads more pleasurable to read when they are not using chat speak.That is probably why I enjoy this guild so much because everyone is older and enjoy typing out their words.Even if its on purpose, it just seems to make you sound illiterate.Try not to get too bent out of shape about it, its only people's personal opinions and preferences.  

Creepy Clown Town

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:58 am
What drives me crazy is the rudeness I get from these kids. I take art commissions- I'm very polite and professional when it comes to taking requests. But the majority of my clients are rude and (slow!) This one guy kept heckling me to draw Goku. When I refused, he insulted me and pretty much assumed I was going to draw it anyway.
stressed

I guess you find losers in every age group though. So I don't know if it's fair to be targeting the younger folk.

(Sorry, but when it comes to chatspeak, I usually categorize anyone using it as 14 and under. )  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:27 pm
Wow... Just wow... I think I'll be the bigger person and keep my comments to myself...

Sticking to the subject: I think it seems this way because Gaia is a place for kids to act out without the fear of their parents knowing or caring about what they say or do, and you know how some kids are once their parents aren't looking and they know they can get away with things. ^^; But don't be hard on all of them. There are a few good kids on here, so give 'em a chance.

pretty hate machine

Toxic Nymph

17,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Generous 100

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 pm
pretty hate machine
Wow... Just wow... I think I'll be the bigger person and keep my comments to myself...

Sticking to the subject: I think it seems this way because Gaia is a place for kids to act out without the fear of their parents knowing or caring about what they say or do, and you know how some kids are once their parents aren't looking and they know they can get away with things. ^^; But don't be hard on all of them. There are a few good kids on here, so give 'em a chance.

i feel you on that how kids act when they are and arent around their
parents cause i remember when i was younger i was hell on wheels when my mom and dad werent around but the minute they came i was like the best angel and its sad because im still like that till this day and what makes it so worse is that i have like a 10 yr old voice
and your right there are a few good kids on here i have met up with some when im playing the games  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:49 pm
Brain Akazariua
10 year olds aren't on gaia, they get banned till their 13 or they are lying about their age in which case their parents are responsible for the childs sanity.
and what's the world heading to when older people like yourself are to lazy to even spell out their damn words. it's not weird kids are getting/acting dumber with the year rolleyes

][.Angels.Cry.Black.][

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:56 pm
][.Angels.Cry.Black.][
Brain Akazariua

There are plenty of kids younger than 13 on Gaia. I just declined a request to join GGG today, the request simply said "I'm old enough to join"... I checked her profile and she is proudly 11 years old.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:38 pm
mystiqueeee
Lady Sarrie
mystiqueeee
Taxi Mama

i have been writting english all this time...did it look like gibberish to you or something?...n what do u do about people who dont know english..do u suggest they take up an english crash course so that they can talk here?
Actually, yes, it does look like gibberish. And as too people who's native language is not English. They can speak it as poorly as they want to...I don't give a damn. But if it is your native language, you should know how to speak it, and spell it. You write like you never made it out of the third grade.  

The Goddess Eclaire

14,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

mystiqueeee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:47 pm
Lady Sarrie
mystiqueeee
Lady Sarrie
mystiqueeee
Taxi Mama

Actually, yes, it does look like gibberish. And as too people who's native language is not English. They can speak it as poorly as they want to...I don't give a damn. But if it is your native language, you should know how to speak it, and spell it. You write like you never made it out of the third grade.

I guess you will be glad to know..that english is not my native language..most people here dont even know it..some schools dont even teach english here .....i am from india...and would you tell me what was so gibberish about it..because u surely understood what ever i worte..so did everybody else...if u didnt understand wat i wrote i would have got the point..so what are you on about exactly?  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff