Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Gaian Coliseum
The Questions Thread - Post questions here. Duh. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seta Frost

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:40 pm
Drake LeFroy
Because I might use a higher level planewalking form of Drake. Drake's true form.
The same for Seta. Think of mine and Drakes fight, but worse.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:43 pm
*looks at the battle topic*

eek

Worse than that?!

Ye gods, NO.

Call me old-fashioned. Call me ignorant. But if reading an RP post feels like more work than fun, you need to work on something. Having a knowledge of theoretical planar physics does not give you the right to make your character a God.

If you are capable of moving outside of the binds of time and reality with little more than a thought, you are Tier 0, and you cannot use your character in the tournament. You are free to battle each other as much as you wish, though.

I cannot stress this enough. DO NOT TRY TO PULL THAT s**t IN THE TOURNAMENT. None of it. Period.

I have nothing against either of you personally, and I do for the most part admire your RPing, but I HATE it when people try to use that crap on me. It is godmodding, as far as I'm concerned. And I don't like it.  

Lord Diez
Vice Captain

Imagination Unleashed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:22 pm
[ Very well, a simple no would have been accepted too. 3nodding I will stick with the current profile. ]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:25 pm
((Sorry. sweatdrop I tend to soapbox, and overreact much more than I need to. >_> There is a long, unnecessarry psychological explanation for why, which goes all the way back to my babyhood, but we'll just leave it at 'sorry' for now. xp ))  

Lord Diez
Vice Captain

Imagination Unleashed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:28 pm
[ Very well, you make the rules and thus your word is law. 'sorry' it is. ]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:10 pm
Question:

Why is the questions thread not like... a FAQ... where the really good questions get highlighted in the first post so that people don't have to waste time asking them again if they've already been answered now and again?

...carry on.  

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100

themightyjello

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:30 pm
Dark Lord Diez
To answer your question, we have measures in place to prevent our participants from dieing. However, these measures become useless if their head is lopped off, their guts are scattered in various places all over the battlefield, etc. As long as they are alive when you leave the battlefield, we can fix them. Yes, killing is illegal. We are currently working, IC, to find a way to allow for more brutality without having to worry about that old b*****d the Grim Reaper coming in and stealing off with your soul. sweatdrop

Solution:

Employ the reaper.

Well, sorta... if you want to make it possible/plausible for the severe owning on others in a tournament setting, just make the excuse that healers/mages/soulsmiths/whatever that can restore the body and negate that pesky soul thief from making off with their goodies.

I suppose it all really depends on how far you'd like to allow such things. "If someone dies, they are no longer allowed to post in this guild." That basically makes a rule for the guild that people aren't allowed to bring others back from the dead, no?

Those Tier 0 people can have some pretty powerful abilities... you'd imagine that one or two of them would be able to bring the dead back to life, or bring back souls that were taken away... things like that. Your excuse could simply be that one of those few would work to restore life to the dead in the event of someone kabooming durring a tournament. :shrug: xp

With the amount of people running around on Gaia claiming to be gods/dieties/devils/divine beings/so on, I started writing up a drawn-out all-inclusive explaination of divine heirarchy and such that covered all of these. Including the Reaper. Actually, one of my characters (Tier 0) is a reaper, himself... not the reaper, but, as I sort of explained it, a group of people who are responsible for kinks in the system of life and death.

A simple explaination would be that the coliseum managers struck some type of deal with the 'local reapers' to keep the dead souls of tournament participants from being taken away before they can be returned to their bodies by a sufficiently talented healer.

...and I ramble sometimes.

Anyways, that's more or less where you'd have to go with that. Raising the dead, rather than just preventing death, considering some types of injuries are just sort of... ... ...ow.

- The other way that you could go with it, though, would be time magic (still Tier 0) to restore a combattant to the way he was before death (before the fight, really)... only, in this case, he would have no memory of the events preceding his death, or even of his death at all.

...tra la la... *dances into the distance*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:18 am
I have a quick question. Invited to join this guild, I know little about it. And I laugh at myself, trying to contemplate why they invited me. Yes, I understand the 'knowlegdge' of how to RP and stuff, but as a fighter, I need one hell of a lesson. I know how, I`m just not as good as some others, I realize.

If I`m not as great as other, perhaps my character isn`t strong enough, could I be throw out for being weak, or can I still try?

.Tea.Bag.

[~Genesis~]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:03 am
Well, if I let Psynobi stay, I'll let anyone stay xd

>.> <.< sweatdrop But yeah, I won't kick people out simply because their character sucks or they need to learn shtuff. I reserve the GTFO stick for people who won't learn or who REALLY piss me off >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:15 pm
Makes me feel good. I`ll put on my threads then. 3nodding  

.Tea.Bag.

Kairu13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:37 pm
Gah I forgot my question gonk . oh yeah. Does this guild have restrictions towards powers or spells, etc.? Better yet. Do you guys mind checking my profile for errors or anything godmodish?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:27 pm
Well, seeing as we allow Fierce, Viper, and the full force of the MD....no...no real restiftions unless agreed upon by those participating in an event.

I'll look over your profile later >.>  

[~Genesis~]

Kairu13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:51 pm
Oh ok. A lot of Guilds b***h about things like dark matter, teleporting, etc. Btw what the $%^#^ is Light matter?O.o  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:25 pm
Light matter is either, A) photons or
B) normal matter if you take light as the opposite of dark or
C) Angellic stuff, taking light as being all holy and stuff.

Dark matter can't really be used to easily. It's ugly and ends up with lots of OOC argueing. Because people are stupid, which is why most guilds ar bitchy about it.  

eatnukes

Kairu13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:29 pm
True. I never really had a problem with it. I just hate it when people say that it goes through barriers since barriers are transparent and Dark matter is light. >_<  
The Gaian Coliseum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff