Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

meow_meow_aloe_cat

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:06 pm
Huzzah! Cellists unite!

God I love my instrument! heart heart heart *obsessive*

Name's Leslie, playing cello for 6 years now, and first chair in my school's orchestra! Though school's about over, I'm looking over a piece we're saving for next year, John Williams Trilogy. it includes the main themes from Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and Raiders of the Lost Ark. The rhythms in this arrangement are true to the originals, which makes me happy since I've played one too many dummed down versions of these pieces. We'll be playing the Nutcracker suite too, so I'm excited! on my own, I found a copy of Romberg's Sonata in Bb Major - Opus 43, No.1 for cello and piano (only in possession of the cello part). I'll have to admit that I only like the first movement, and kinda like the second, but very much dislike the sound of the third. sweatdrop

do love the links. interesting stuff!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:02 pm
Cello is my LIFE.

Although I have only been playing cello for nearly a year, I have secured my spot as 1st chair in my school's most advanced orchestra. x3

I recently played at cello recital with my cello tutor's other students, where i played 'Scherzo' and ' Forward, March!' by I believe Schremuller?

I was motivated to begin to play the cello by my favorite Eastern European cello trio, Melo-M, and also by my ex boyfriend who first taught me how to play. xD

I'm an obsessive practicer, and I would sometimes practice for so long and hard my fingers would bleed. xD; But that's how I managed to get so good in a short amount of time.

[.The Rejected Spork.]

flamingrice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:25 pm
I kinda forgot, what does a cellist play? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:29 am
flamingrice
I don't play the cello, but I like the sound it makes. sweatdrop

flamingrice
I kinda forgot, what does a cellist play? sweatdrop

Did you even read your own comment?

here:
What does a cellist play?
A cello!

and just in case you've forgotten what a cello is :
Let's use google to find out!  

meow_meow_aloe_cat

al_1_26_98

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:37 am
Thank you, o0o shadow_bloom o0o. This is the first year i have played the cello. I LOVE it. My favorite piece is Ode to Joy by Ludwig van Beethoven. I am also new to this guild. My sister plays a violin. She is 17. She is helping me on the cello. biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:37 pm
Wow I didn't expect to be the one playing cello the longest.

I've been playing cello for 10 years, and I'd have to say I really liked playing the Brahms Sonata for Cello and Piano, and the first movement of the Elgar Cello Concerto. Also the Bachianas Brasilieras Aria was very lovely.

For fun, I played the Memoirs of a Geisha cello solos that were done by Yo-Yo Ma, and they are soooooooo much fun to play. I definitely recommend them. (but you have to play them in the style that Yo-Yo does, because that's basically the whole point biggrin )  

lady madrigal

Imitation Stradivarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:13 am
I've been playing the cello for eight years. I named my Gwen. Like King Arthur's Gwen but with a different spelling. On purpose. :{ )

I played The Unforgiven at an audition....Not the smartest thing I've done, but it sounded shweet!!!!! And I didn't get in. But oh well! If I can play my cello in the streets for the rest of my life, I'd be happy. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:38 pm
Captain Baconpatrol
I haven't been playing cello for long. About four and 1/2 weeks, but I'm currently working on the Sarabande, one of the suites in Bach's cello suites. So far, its proving to be a much easier instrument to deal with than the others I play. I was watching video's on youtube and then clicked on the prelude played by Rostropovich, and that inspired me to play.

Prelude played by Rostropovich is what pushes me to play the cello. Rostropovich is heart luv and so is Apocalyptica. I am currently working on Bach's Prelude and I don't find it very hard, just the sweeping bow strokes xp It's hard to make the sound graceful and sweet at the same time.
Apocalyptica - The Unforgiven is another great song that I hope to find sheet music to.  

Hijacker45003

Hijacker45003

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:30 pm
Imitation Stradivarius
I've been playing the cello for eight years. I named my Gwen. Like King Arthur's Gwen but with a different spelling. On purpose. :{ )

I played The Unforgiven at an audition....Not the smartest thing I've done, but it sounded shweet!!!!! And I didn't get in. But oh well! If I can play my cello in the streets for the rest of my life, I'd be happy. mrgreen

My cello's name is Bonita! 4laugh
Where did you find sheet music to The Unforgiven?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:43 pm
CELLO SECTIONS ARE SEXY!!!! I swear I picked the wrong instrument. In my past life I was a cellist..wtf happened?! Nah I love my violin. =)  

crimson_violin2313

contrapunctus maximus

Aged Genius

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 pm
Don't think I already posted here...

Been playing cello for 20 years, work semi-professionally in the Los Angeles area while attending grad school. Play both baroque and modern cello, which is super fun.

Currently I'm preparing for a master class with Anner Bylsma, the very famous Dutch baroque cellist, and a small concert for the chancellor of our university. Should put together my master's recital next year, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:10 am
I've been playing cello for five years through my schools program and am now taking privet lessons with one Dennison Colleges Cello instructors.

I love the instrument so much, the more I learn and challenge myself the more amazing it becomes.

I channel a lot of creative energy into my cello over the past few years.

My favorite piece I have ever played would have to be...I can't even pick one haha

SuperKoolPartyGal

Imitation Stradivarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:34 pm
Hijacker45003
Imitation Stradivarius

My cello's name is Bonita! 4laugh
Where did you find sheet music to The Unforgiven?

My orchestra teacher was working on the song on his guitar....I actually lowered it a few octaves and put it into Bass clef lol Just go look at a guitar book with the song in it. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:16 pm
The name's Elahaundra. Been playing Cello for about 5 years now. I am 3rd Cello in my Middle School's advanced Orchesyra. I'm only 3rd for I don't personally own a Cello ):
Love Cello-best instrument ever!!  

Randumb_3mo_Chik

thequietwriter

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:02 pm
Hi everyone! I'm Marian and I've been playing for 8 years. I'm going to study music therapy next year at school.

And Lady Madrigal, I like Bachianas Brasilieras too. (: I've never heard an actually cello choir perform it but I saw an orchestra play it one time.  
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff