Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PadfootsPet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:10 am
KatieInTheBox
PadfootsPet
I do think it has the potential to be a fun game, if the game had more specific rules outlined. IT does, however make a better discussion than a game.

I do like both of the boys names, but I don't like Lilly Luna's. I see how important Harry was to Luna, and I also see how much of an effect Luna had on Harry. I just don't like the way the name flows. I do wonder if Luna was Ginny's choice in a name, since she did introduce the trio to Luna.

I know that when I have kids, I'm going to be in charge of naming (regardless of what my husband thinks.) I feel terrible that Ginny didn't seem to pick any of the kids names!

I agree. Keep your husband from naming any children! I can so see that going horrible wrong. Heck I can even him seeing whining 'Why not?' (His strange giggle put here.)

And I am glad to see this is a discussion. If you want it to still be a game, you need rules and boundaries of some sorts.

OH my goodness, you know what he wants to name our daughter when we have one? "Constitution"!!!! I met him halfway on that one with "Constance Faith." I'm still working on getting him to agree to "Malachi" for a son. ..I'm worried I'll have to resort to telling the nurse to come in with the birth certificate when he's not around, so I can pick the name!

Sometimes I wonder if, by the end of the series, JK was tired of coming up with new names, That might explain why all of the kids are named after someone else in the series... well aside from Rose and Hugo. I really do see Hermione and Ron being a little more creative, and not following tradition where names are concerned. I would love to see what Luna names her children!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 am
Tell him if the girls is named Constitution, that life, liberty and the pursuit of her happiness will be impeded by every child she goes to school with. stare Fred is so thick sometimes. Anyhow, I looked it up on the Harry potter fan site, that records all the info the JK gives out about the stories and it turns out Luna has twins and names them, "Luna had twin boys. They were named Lorcan and Lysander Scamander." I kind of like those names.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Luna_Lovegood
This is the link if anyone wants to read.  

KatieInTheBox

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:11 pm
I wonder if Neville had any children. On all the things I've looked at, all they said about Neville was he was herbology professor and married Hannah Abbot (who owns the Leaky Cauldron now I believe.) But, I wonder if he had kids. Hmm..  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:14 am
Odd, I just asked that exact question on another thread! I don't think Rowling mentioned it.

I love the name Lorcan. The alliteration bothers me though... I keep thinking Luke and Leia >.<

As for Hugo and Rose... I want to know if theres a story behind those names. I mean, Hugo?

Does anyone agree with me, that Rowling should die if she ever wrote a book about the new. gen characters? It just seems, I dunno, like something Feist would've done. Erm, sorry, something Feist did do.

Foolish Catalyst

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:23 am
Victor Hugo is Hermione's favorite author and no way ROn was going to name his son Victor hehe. So they named him Hugo. Also, they wanted a clean plate for their kids.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:10 am
I have feeling that's exactly what she's gonna do.Write another book on next gen.On Hogwarts,again.A bit dumb if you ask me.... rolleyes  

Amelia Prince

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:39 am
I don't think she will. If she did, I'd be shocked. I think she left enough information in the epilogue that you could use your own imagination.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:00 pm
SuzelovesJamesPotter
Victor Hugo is Hermione's favorite author and no way ROn was going to name his son Victor hehe. So they named him Hugo. Also, they wanted a clean plate for their kids.

Ha! I love that! See, I knew there was a reason that I loved those two together. Other than complete adorability of course.

I don't know. She says she'll never write another HP book, and while I wouldn't be happy with that, I'd prefer that to a next gen. book.
I'd like a prequel set after the Marauders leave Hogwarts...

Foolish Catalyst

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:24 pm
I would like anything for the maurader time period. I adore the marauders! And I know. Isn't that cute? I have no idea how I knew that. Hmm.. That's weird.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:26 am
The Marauders are awesome.
I'd just prefer one from after they left school to one set in Hogwarts again. I'm sick of Hogwarts. Now there's something I never imagined I'd say!
Same reason I wouldn't like a next gen. story. That's have to be set at Hogwarts and, well, *snore*.

What d'you think Nevilles kids'd be like? More like him, or like Hannah? And would they be Gryffindors or Hufflepuffs? Or another house maybe, I dunno...

Foolish Catalyst

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:19 am
I don't know about Hogwarts. Maybe they could start in seventh year when Lil and James got together and then up. I've always been curious about that so I don't know.

New generation would be boring. There's no war going on and all it would be is dating drama and crap. It wouldn't be interesting to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:08 pm
Thanks to Minerva the Bookwyrm's thread, I've learned the middle name of Scorpius. Also, thanks to KatieInTheBox we've learned the names of Luna's children! I've added the info to the first post.

Minerva's thread: Kids in the New Gen.  

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash