Saxophones Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:18 pm
cuzwhit
I just started alto a week ago, any advice to me?
I'm a senior and I started playing clarinet in 6th, then flute in 8th, then piccolo in 11th, and now just for fun I'm playing Alto! So far it's amazing! It wasn't hard to pick up--I'm already playing it at my church!! But there are still a few things that I have to learn, obviously. So any advice is welcome here!
Tell us what you want to know.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 pm
ive been playing saxophone for 3 years which was my 3rd instrument to learn, and im at advanced level. i 1st started out on alto but then switch to tenor because i love playing and hearing a tenor sax  

II Park Ji Ji II

toco clarinet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:23 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

these are always forgotten : and these aren't even all of the different saxophones..  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:06 pm
toco clarinet
User Image

Argh! I used to know what this one was, but I don't remember...I remember seeing this picture before, though, because it reminds me of an english horn. =D

Terra of the Lilies

toco clarinet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:05 pm
Terra of the Lilies

Argh! I used to know what this one was, but I don't remember...I remember seeing this picture before, though, because it reminds me of an english horn. =D

that's actually what it's supposed to replace razz it's back when saxophones were the "coolest" instruments and everyone wanted to play one..so they made a sax that sounded/looked like an english horn so that you could have that sound, while your musicians could still play the sax. it's called the connosax..made by conn razz  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:34 pm
yeah, let us not forget the sopranissimo (soprillo) and contrabass saxes. although not as common as the 4 (soprano, alto, tenor, and bari). the contrabass is ferkin (yes i spell it like that on purpose) huge.
Adolphe Sax did patent and was planning on building a subcontrabass saxophone. but he never got around to building it. but, the tubax was built by Benedikt Eppelsheim in 2000 and well, it's a beast.  

Feyrbrande

Feyrbrande

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:37 pm
by the way...
ALTO
for the win  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:39 am
Baritone sax is going to be my next instrument.
I'm going to say it, as a non-sax player (yet),
because it has to be said:

Saxophones are actually the worlds sexiest instruments.
Anyone who plays saxophone well instantly becomes three times more attractive.  

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items