Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Rehab Center's Weekly Prompt (updated 9/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:52 am
Byaggha
Probably Zen Shorts by Jon Muth. Sure, it's a kids book and a recent publication, but Stillwater the panda is probably one of the best guides I've had outside scripture itself. 3nodding

I saw those books at the store a few months ago and thought they were the most adorable things ever! I'll have to go back and get them if I see them there again smile

2) No, as I've been in Korea every August since I started celebrating these kinds of things, and have no idea about the growing season here. Though, I did go to an Irish pub on the 1st, where I had Shepherd's Pie and a cider...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:04 am
patch99329
Do you celebrate the Last Summer Harvest?

Not anymore. ninja

Such an easy answer.
Same here, except I ended up making bread this morning, and this evening is when I'm doing my Noumenia ....stuff. Cleaning, redoing my altar, that sort of thing.  

maenad nuri
Captain

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:33 pm
No... unless eating lots of tasty fresh food counts. I sure love food. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:56 am
if by last summer harvest, you mean lughnasadh or lammas, which just past and is the first of the four harvest festivals, last of of the fire festivals, then usually yes. this year it fell on a rainy friday so all i did was clean house and grocery shop and do a night time contemplation... for which i was too tired to get meaty.  

imadelilith

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:57 am
Rajani Kali
Byaggha
Probably Zen Shorts by Jon Muth. Sure, it's a kids book and a recent publication, but Stillwater the panda is probably one of the best guides I've had outside scripture itself. 3nodding
I saw those books at the store a few months ago and thought they were the most adorable things ever! I'll have to go back and get them if I see them there again smile
The second one isn't as cute as the first, I don't think, but the lessons it wants to teach still get across.

Plus, it has Koo, Stillwater's nephew from Japan. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:33 pm
3) Is it ever "right" to curse someone? Why or Why not?  

maenad nuri
Captain

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:15 am
Sure. So long as you have due cause for it. If someone has caused you grief and disrupted your life through it, you are no longer of any obligation to treat them with respect.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:21 am
It is morally required in some cases for individuals to curse others. There are familial and social obligations that exist as a result of moral statutes that require individuals to take revenge for wrongs done.

In a theology where spiritual practices are fully integrated into daily concerns, one wouldn't consider an absence of spiritual action in matters of law.  

TeaDidikai

wolfkatt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:01 am
most definitely - curses or hexes are needed at times.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:04 am
Though making magic may have been considered impious, that never really seemed to stop ancient Hellenes from tossing curses at people waving law suits.

As such, I think it's perfectly appropriate and sometimes necessary to exact punishment on people for transgressions on your person or reputation. This might be cultural for me, but I don't think it's always necessary to turn the other cheek and wait for them to get what's coming. I would say, if the cause was just, Athena will give the situation the push it needs to complete the action, but she's not just going to swoop down and do it for you.  

Collowrath

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:42 am
Since I was incapcitated for almost a month, this wasn't updated. But it's back!

4) What is your favorite kind of offering? Why?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:16 am
I'm guessing 1) had something to do with fictional influences upon your path? I'll have to come back to that one...

2) Not really? I participated in a Lughnasadh ritual this year. I don't think my own path really has a last summer harvest holiday, but I could be wrong.

3) I don't think I've ever cursed someone--although within my paths conception of heka, types of negative speech could be considered curses...basically sending the "evil eye" towards a person, or yourself. "Eating one's heart" means filling your heart with emotions that are not constructive, such as jealousy, self-loathing, anger and hatred. However, I think that these emotions have their places, and become un-constructive when unnecessarily prolonged, and the admonition against eating one's heart deals with this. Jealousy can be a signal that something is wrong in one's relationship, self-recrimination can be a goad to self-improvement, and there are many situations where anger is an appropriate response. These emotions aren't automatically against ma'at. But dwelling on them and not taking the next appropriate action can be unhealthy. A curse could be definitely be one of those actions, and I can think of some situations where that might be my reaction; whether it actually had an effect on the other person or not. (Not to mention, I don't understand how state-sanctioned death and imprisonment is considered ethical or effective but cursing is frowned upon.)

4) Of the offerings I've made so far, I've really enjoyed dance and song, spontaneous and planned. I also like the act of making something (food or an item) as well as the final product as an offering. But it can also be an interesting experience to go shopping and have the Names request things.

I offered a spontaneous dance and song to Hethert over the summer at a drum/fire circle, wearing a mask I had made for Her and clothing in colors I associate with Her that I had bought for the purpose...with no real idea that I was going to do this before that day. It was an incredible experience, irreplicatable even if I chose to offer to Her similarly in the future.

I like being able to get my whole body or awareness or skill into an offering. But cupping my hands around a cup of warm chai and whispering a prayer to Wepwawet is also moving for me.  

TheDisreputableDog

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:31 pm
I like nothing more than to light a candle or two, pour out a drink, and burn some loose incense I've made with my own two hands. I like to sing, too, but it's not often I do.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:51 pm
maenad nuri
4) What is your favorite kind of offering? Why?

Art, because the the offering is in the creation as well as the dedication.  

MoonJeli

patch99329

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:02 am
Food I have cooked, or pretty trinkets I buy specifically for the god because it reminds me of them!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff