Submit

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 pm
rillegas08
lordstar
Ricette
Faithbringer777
sunshinehearttrob
can we even say what is wrong anymore ?!?

as long as you dont forsake everything you know as a christian and arent submerged into it, i think you'll be fine.

but me i love science too much. and the whole science vs faith thing again.

Um yes, yes we can. So many people are dropping out of churches or doing stuff because they say the pastors arent practicing what they preach. Total cop out, were not following the people on the pulpit were following the one there talking about. Jesus lived a perfect sinless life and because he did he has the right to tell us what is wrong and he sais it in the bible. Just cause somebody who has the same problems hes talking about is telling you about it dosent mean it gives you the right not to listen.
Difference between talking about existing problems they have and saying one thing then doing another.
Catholics preach do not harm children. But, the same priests fondle the young, nubile, alter boys. Hypocrisy. A priest who preaches to love the neighbor who then turns around to scorn and hate his gay neighbor. Hypocrisy,
That, and church is boring, full of old women who smell like nursing homes and that are so desperate for younger members that they throw together half assed youth programs that go under in 6 months.

A key ability of a leader is to lead by example
without a leader who has such an ability people will loose faith
ya know...someone who was alive...not 2000 years ago

Someone who is alive to be a leader? Hmm...(thinks for several minutes) Nope, can't think of any.

What makes Jesus not a good leader?

not sure where you are going with this jesus thing but I was thinking about roman magistrates...anyway...I see you don't see yourself as a leader (too bad mate)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:06 pm
Ricette
Faithbringer777
sunshinehearttrob

as long as you dont forsake everything you know as a christian and arent submerged into it, i think you'll be fine.

Um yes, yes we can. So many people are dropping out of churches or doing stuff because they say the pastors arent practicing what they preach. Total cop out, were not following the people on the pulpit were following the one there talking about. Jesus lived a perfect sinless life and because he did he has the right to tell us what is wrong and he sais it in the bible. Just cause somebody who has the same problems hes talking about is telling you about it dosent mean it gives you the right not to listen.
Difference between talking about existing problems they have and saying one thing then doing another.
Catholics preach do not harm children. But, the same priests fondle the young, nubile, alter boys. Hypocrisy. A priest who preaches to love the neighbor who then turns around to scorn and hate his gay neighbor. Hypocrisy,
That, and church is boring, full of old women who smell like nursing homes and that are so desperate for younger members that they throw together half assed youth programs that go under in 6 months.

Exactly what im saying if someone sais something and does another thats on there head, they have to deal with that on judgment day. Saying "well an addict told me not to do drugs so i didnt listen" dosent make the drugs any less harmful to you. Its sais in the bible remove the plank from your eye before you can remove the sawdust from your brothers yes but just cause there working out the plank dosent mean you cant go ahead and get your own sawdust out.
And i dont know what church you went to but mines not like that, i actually can laugh during service.  

Faithbringer777

Faithbringer777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:12 pm
lordstar
rillegas08
lordstar
Ricette
Faithbringer777
sunshinehearttrob

Someone who is alive to be a leader? Hmm...(thinks for several minutes) Nope, can't think of any.

not sure where you are going with this jesus thing but I was thinking about roman magistrates...anyway...I see you don't see yourself as a leader (too bad mate)

I think he was going with this, yes jesus lived 2000 years ago then he died. BUT WAIT, read the bible and there ya go he lived again, and is living still now. So there you go someone ALIVE who lead the perfect example. Its like qutting a job from a corporation whos helping millions the head of the company is still as always but you got stuck under some bad subordinate managers. You can still help people, just wait for him to deal with the ones doing wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:53 am
Faithbringer777
lordstar
rillegas08
lordstar
Ricette

I think he was going with this, yes jesus lived 2000 years ago then he died. BUT WAIT, read the bible and there ya go he lived again, and is living still now. So there you go someone ALIVE who lead the perfect example. Its like qutting a job from a corporation whos helping millions the head of the company is still as always but you got stuck under some bad subordinate managers. You can still help people, just wait for him to deal with the ones doing wrong.

Im sure the story is more like...jesus lived 2000 years ago then died a very not so fun death...and then he continued to be dead (just my take)

I now realize that everyone wants different things from their leaders
so someone who leads by perfect example could very greatly both by definitions of what a leader is and what a perfect example would be  

lordstar

Faithbringer777

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:43 pm
lordstar
Faithbringer777
lordstar
rillegas08
lordstar
Ricette

Im sure the story is more like...jesus lived 2000 years ago then died a very not so fun death...and then he continued to be dead (just my take)

so someone who leads by perfect example could very greatly both by definitions of what a leader is and what a perfect example would be

Are you? And why are you so sure?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:14 pm
Faithbringer777
lordstar
Faithbringer777
lordstar
rillegas08

Are you? And why are you so sure?

what would I be sure about?  

lordstar

lolkweernut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:35 pm
User Image

A 'bad' Christian is a heretic, pretty much.
It's someone who claims to be a Christian, but does not practice the tenets.

It's actually good to study opposing religions, so you have a good idea of who your God is compared to them.
However, do not let your faith wonder.

I'm sure God has nothing against goth-lolita type of stuff.
Just make sure you have your Biblical and societal definitions of 'evil' separated; they're not the same.
========
Moko <33

User Image

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out