Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
How Do You Read the Books? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Serenity Silvia Malfoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:08 pm
Heh, I remember reading one of the HP books in class during homeroom (or reading class which ever) and you're supposed to be silent during the whole time and I was reading the book and I think it was the part where Sirius died or something equally as bad because I threw the book across the room and growled.

It was humiliating, because I had to go and sit out in the hall and i couldn't even get my book. *sniff*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:26 pm
When I read the 7th book it took me a month.....only because each part I got to somebody died and I would throw the book at the wall. It took my awhile to finish when I got to the end.  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

Kyra the Ginger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:36 am
When i read the books, normally i will reserve that day for that particular purpose, i will start when i wake up.
After i start a book i won't sleep or eat and when i use the bathroom i take the book with me....haha
From the moment i start reading a harry potter book till i finish it, my eyes are glued to the page.....haha  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:49 am
[haha before I post, I'm a girl]

I usually spend all day reading a smuch a sI can before I get tired.
I give fangirish squeals whenever Lupin or Sirius are mentioned.
And during battle scenes I try to imagine what it all looks like.
Whenever a good character dies, I cry. When Sirius died..omg! I couldnt stop crying at all!
When Teddy was born I hugged my book...and when Lupin died I just about tore the page out b/c it wasn't fair. Refused to tear it out tho b/c I love my books lol
And Fred...that was brutal. I couldn't stop staring at those words. It was just horrible.
Tho when the spider died (never know how to spell his name) i cheered b/c he scared me to death.
After I've read them the first time, just for fun I'll change events or words to make it funnier. (I'm on eof those Sirius/Remus shippers, I tend to add a lot of that lol)
Ohh and when Hermione punched Draco, I seriously yelled "YOU GO GIRL!" b/c she finally did somethign wicked awesome!
And ya know, I laugh at all the funny things Fred & Geaorge say. Sometimes really loud too lol
Sometimes I try to watch the movie and read at the same time just to se eif they ever do exact lines.
And once I was so into the book, I brought it into the bathroom and read while I peed lol
I used to bring it to school and I would sneak in a page or wo before geting yelled at just b/c I couldnt wait to read more.
And that's about it.  

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

LilyHermioneChapman

6,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:05 pm
I dance around the room for awhile but when I first get it I can't help but first go through the table of contents. I then have to read the last page. I know it spoils so much, but it's just what I have to do. I don't really cry during it, but I am like glued to the thing. Expecially during battle scenes. When something happens like Mrs. Weasley Killing Bellatrix Lestrange I almost throw the book in happiness and scream dancing around the room. When I found snape was the Half blood prince I almost died laughing because I had predicted just that. Then when he turned good I did the same because all my friends had been laughing at me telling me he was bad and I was crazy for thinking Dumbledore told him to kill him. So yeah. I get really excited, dance, scream, and laugh. No tears though.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:58 pm
I am a pretty slow reader. It would take me about a week or so per book. There would be time where I am locked up in my room doing nothing but reading, but mostly I would spend every break I could get at work, in the back room reading. My AM Allie would come in and harass me because I'd be sitting in the break room alone and just burst out laughing. She made fun of me for the whole month I took to read OotP because she knew I didn't want to get to the part where Sirius died.

Even when I reread them, I tend to do so on my breaks at work, and I get the strangest looks from my coworkers when I leave the breakroom. Because they hear me laughing or see my eyes filled with tears, and they know I was just back there reading.  

PadfootsPet

silvr_breez

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:16 am
Um, sometimes I turn the books upsidde-down to see if I can read something interesting. Also, when something sad or really sweet happens I stare at the page for about 5 minutes and forget that I'm not reading anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:25 pm
When I got to the good parts, I screamed.
When I got to the bad parts, I'd in denial, reread it, then put the book down and calm myself.
And, I cried a lot.  

SuzelovesJamesPotter

xXBrilliant ShadowXx

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:40 pm
When I get to good or bad parts of a Harry Potter book, I just read through it. When I'm done with that chapter, I put my book down, and I have to go tell someone about it. My school is on tour right now, and we were riding a train cross the continent to go from Berlin, Germany to Paris, France and were wer riding a train like the Hogwart's Express. Poor Tobi, he and I and two violin's were in the same compartment, I put my book down, and wouldn't stop talking about it until the train stopped. He looked at me like I was crazy the whole time. I was telling him the part when Harry witnesses Dumbledore die.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:08 pm
I do that to my mom too or my best friends. My mom just laughs at me when I come down crying and she is all like, 'Taylor, you know it's fiction, right?'  

SuzelovesJamesPotter

Empress_Kat
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 am
Well, I read the first 3/4 of DH out loud with my girlfriend, I'd read a chapter, then she would, then I would. But that took too long, and we wanted to know what was going to happen, so we cut that out.

Also, it made JKR's spelling, grammar, and sentence structure errors much more obvious.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:49 pm
I read for about six or seven hours straight, no breaks. I cry when people die, even if I didn't like the character very much. I giggle, I sometimes talk to myself about what just happened... weird? I know.  

xqueenxofxpainx

slytherin69

3,700 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 pm
I pretend to be the character and talk with accents when there is dialogue. I am also a multi-tasker. I wont stop reading the book for anything but sleep when I'm exhausted and fall asleep witht he book on my face. I also talk to my self about things, as though I'm talking to someone in the room; but most often there isnt anyone there. I cry often when something sad happens, like Dumbledor's death or Dobby's death, or when I thought Harry was dead. That made me really sad! My books are tear stained.
I try to picture what the movie's are going to be like, and when the movie's come out I get mad at them because they left a part of the book that I love out! I hate that, it bothers me. Like Hermione and S.P.E.W and when Harry gives Fred and George the money for the Triwizard Tournement!
I wish there was just one more book!

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces