Question on taking the Bible to... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:00 pm
Ablazed
Your intention for carrying a Bible with you should be for you to be closer and more informed about God's word. Yes, it CAN be a tool for evangelization.... but that's a thin line to tread. If someone ASKS you about it, then it's ok to talk about it.

But you should be reading the Word to get closer to God. Don't be like the pharisees who stood on the street corners praying the loudest just so their good works could be seen and praised.

Preach the Gospel at all times: when needed, use words.

Just some friendly advice. 3nodding

Quite a number of my friends carry small sized Bibles with them in their purses, and I think it's a wonderful idea.

not only that, i think it would actually be a change and perhaps a good sign that were not just all talk and nothing else. "Holy crap! A christian actually reading their Bible?!?" eek  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:27 am
Siren of Saturn
Ablazed
Your intention for carrying a Bible with you should be for you to be closer and more informed about God's word. Yes, it CAN be a tool for evangelization.... but that's a thin line to tread. If someone ASKS you about it, then it's ok to talk about it.

But you should be reading the Word to get closer to God. Don't be like the pharisees who stood on the street corners praying the loudest just so their good works could be seen and praised.

Preach the Gospel at all times: when needed, use words.

Just some friendly advice. 3nodding

Quite a number of my friends carry small sized Bibles with them in their purses, and I think it's a wonderful idea.

not only that, i think it would actually be a change and perhaps a good sign that were not just all talk and nothing else. "Holy crap! A christian actually reading their Bible?!?" eek
User Image
Jesus...

Agreed~

User Image
...My Lord, Savior, and Friend

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

b-asinine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:42 am
I have a pocket-sized Bible that I keep in my purse, and yet I am a very stead-fast atheist. Unlike most people who aren't Christians, I think there are good morals in the Bible that everyone should try to follow; I just don't quite believe in the God/Jesus thing. But that's just me.

You don't have to be a Christian to appreciate the morals in the Bible.

-b.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:17 pm
User Image So get out of bed, step off your rooftop...

I think its great that youre taking a mini bible around with you. I started doing it about half a year ago. In fact, i just bought a new one the other day because my KJV was only new testament, and just a bit too hard for me to understand. I think that having Gods word with you is a great idea. Not only will it help you strengthin your relationship with God but it is also a good conversation starter. Of course only if someone brings it up to you.

and just look around, hear the sound of God. User Image

TrinityofLove

bethica2001

1,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 am
b-asinine
I have a pocket-sized Bible that I keep in my purse, and yet I am a very stead-fast atheist. Unlike most people who aren't Christians, I think there are good morals in the Bible that everyone should try to follow; I just don't quite believe in the God/Jesus thing. But that's just me.

You don't have to be a Christian to appreciate the morals in the Bible.

-b.

You know, I wish more atheists and nonbeleivers or what have you realised this. I guess there is just too many people quick to judge and associate that reading the bible then = omg YOUR a christain, WHAT? As if it's some kind of horrible thing to read the bible and not be christian.
Man, people and their labels... you know?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff