Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Main Guild Forum
Tales of Parental Woe: Share your stories here. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:00 am
Man baby powder is messy stuff! i used too much by accident! and alex looked like a powdered dougnut.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:12 am
Better too much powder than chafing because there was too little. Smoothing powder on really sooths their little bottoms. Just remember to use either powder or paste/cream. Never both at once. Using both creates a gunky, sticky paste.  

Rena-kit

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:19 am
yeah i gigured that out after my mom in law did it. i put some butt paste on him and was about to finish putting the diaper on when she shoves me out of the way and dumps powder on him. she acts like im a bad mother. i hate it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:24 pm
She's just excited. It's been a looooong time since she had a baby to lavish her affections on.

Funny thing is that I ALWAYS use both powder and whatever cream I happen to be using at the time for diaper rash. and it only gets really gunky if I use the cheap crap (store brands. I've used both walmart and publix and neither worked well for me) I like A&D, butt paste, and that stuff in the blue tube from Johnson & Johnson that has 3 main ingredients (I think).

Jimmy took Cian to the ER this morning because he had a fever of 103.3 and they told him he as an upper respiratory infection and said it has to be viral since he was just on amoxycilin for his earache he had. It seems like they're constantly sick once you start taking them to the doctor! >.< I gave him some off-brand tylenol (too lazy to spell that one out) and his fever broke pretty easily. They send Jimmy home with papers stating what a dose is for your child's weight. I'll post it if you guys like. I've always wanted one of these.  

SoulSeer

Enduring Prophet

14,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500

Rena-kit

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:59 pm
I've got lot's of those papers, they sent one home with us every checkup. smile
E.R. s and doctors offices *do* make baby's sick. That's why I always choose a pediatric practice with separate waiting rooms for sick and well children and never, ever touch the magazines in the grown up doctors waiting room. That's where all the germs live...  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:43 pm
Parental Woe?

Yeah, Jimmy told me not to let the boys sleep together last night but I did anyway. I wouldn't want Cian sleeping alone while he's sick. Well, I guess at some point his milk soured on his stomach from his fever and he threw up on his brother's head, and big bro just slept through it.

*GAG*

My nose has been waaaay over sensitive these past few days, but that smell ALWAYS makes me ill. It was, on one hand, kind of funny in a way. But not very. No, not very at all. So they're sleeping separately tonight. I have GOT to fix the bed that cracked so they can sleep "together" without kicking each other all night.  

SoulSeer

Enduring Prophet

14,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:38 am
well my baby hasnt been sick yet. i'll probally go crazy when he gets sick the first time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 pm
You really go nuts when they're grumpy at you while refusing to be put down. Mine spends the day fussing at me, pulling my hair when I hold her and crying when I put her down... She's still teething. (Sometimes the medicine helps but she still cries/fusses when I put her down and tell her she can walk on her own.) Blargh... I asked my husband if we could *rent* her to gypsies for a few hours. crying  

Rena-kit

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:38 am
i see. well today i decided alex is gunna wear all his clothes that fit, so i can tell everyone he has atleast worn thier outfit at least once. that way no one feels insulted i didnt have my son wear thier outfit. xd and ill take a picture of every outfit so i have preoof and more baby pics to enjoy when hes older. and when hes a teen i have some stuff to embarass him with! its my right as a mom!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:25 am
lady_yaki
i see. well today i decided alex is gunna wear all his clothes that fit, so i can tell everyone he has atleast worn thier outfit at least once. that way no one feels insulted i didnt have my son wear thier outfit. xd and ill take a picture of every outfit so i have preoof and more baby pics to enjoy when hes older. and when hes a teen i have some stuff to embarass him with! its my right as a mom!

I think my mom did that with me. We have like 30 pictures that HAVE to be of me from the same day wearing 30 different frilly dresses and outfits. I guess she had the same idea. I was too cute to be embarrassed though wink  

SoulSeer

Enduring Prophet

14,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:23 pm
alex didnt like me changing him so much. i got like 2 outfits before he began to scream. and he woke up grandma and she came in my bedroom and saw what i was doing and had a royal hissy git about it. im sick of being yelled at in chinese. I DONT KNOW WHAT SHES SAYING!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 pm
Unless your hubby is willing to tell his Mom off for insulting you there's not much you can do about it. As to the clothes thing, I'd stop at one outfit per gifter and only one pic per day. You might make Alex's muscles sore by jostling him too much, or chafe his skin with the clothing seams.
Mommy Rule #1: Baby's comfort comes first. Your gifters can make due with a thank you note. xp  

Rena-kit

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:54 am
he gets 2 clothes changes a day. once in the morning to get him into day clothes, and then into his p-j's

more if his diaper leaks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:12 pm
I think I've spoiled my Tot. sad I went to get my hubby some tea and closed the kitchen door behind me. Katie followed me to the door and instead of knocking (she usually bangs on the door) she burst into I'm-gonna-get-my-way tears with tragic shrieks of woe as her soundtrack. I put down the tea and dropped her in her crib for time-out. She didn't stop crying until 30 minutes later when my hubby pulled her out. Now she's napping in my lap. heart stressed  

Rena-kit

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:34 pm
My niece is a huge spoiled brat. Shes almost 2. I went to her moms house whos my sister to help her pack her stuff since they were moving. Anyways my sis and her hubby say we need to go to the store , can you watch april for a lil bit? i agree to. i get a can of pop, and april decides she wants it. i told her no. a 2 year old dont need pop. i get her some milk. she throws her sippy cup on the floor. then she throws herself on the floor and screams and screams. shed stop every 2 minutes to see if i was gunna give her my pop. which i wasnt going to. she screamed for an hour. i wasnt giving in to stop her crying. then she finally figured out crying wasnt getting her pop. anyways i relized my sister had been gone a long time. and she didnt come back till the next ####### day. and i had called and called her to figure out when she was comming back. but my sister wouldnt answer her cell phone. so when she does come back im angry and demanded to know what the @@@@ she and mike were doing to keep her from answering her phone and why she and he were gone for 24 hours. she and mike went shopping in a town an hour away with friends and stayed the night with them. and she also didnt think it was a big deal. then i told her off for that followed by aprils temper tantrom because i wouldnt give her pop. and amy is all like why didnt you? i give her pop all the time so she doesnt have a fit like that. and thats why shes spoiled.  
Main Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff