Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
So Many Paths.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:59 am
Sophist

How do you define essence?

True "I am"'s. What one Is.
Quote:
How does it differ from personality?

To analogize it, Essence is ones naked form. Personality is ones Clothing choice.

Quote:
How can one know their own essence?

The only awnser I can give with out oversteping my bounds as a Student, rather then a teacher is.....Constant Critical and True Self observation.

Quote:
What does one's essence have to do with one's personal religious choice?

We were talking of Paths. Where one's Religious choice is closely tied to ones path, I do not see them as the same thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:14 am
Could you please define essence and personality directly, without using analogy or metaphor or whatever else language that speaks about it or makes relationships with other things without being clear of what it primarily is?

And ok: what does one's essence have to do with one's spiritual path?  

Bastemhet

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:33 am
Sophist
Could you please define essence and personality directly, without using analogy or metaphor or whatever else language that speaks about it or makes relationships with other things without being clear of what it primarily is?

stare
Essence is the Truth of who one is. It is what makes one at their very core. Personality is adaptable and malleable traits which can be put over essence.
Quote:

And ok: what does one's essence have to do with one's spiritual path?

Knowing ones essence provides congruency with one's path; and all but eliminates existential crisis.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:31 am
Ethermus Prime

stare
Essence is the Truth of who one is. It is what makes one at their very core. Personality is adaptable and malleable traits which can be put over essence.

What are the identifiable qualities of essence?

Quote:
Knowing ones essence provides congruency with one's path; and all but eliminates existential crisis.

Why would choosing an incongruent path result in existential crisis?  

Bastemhet

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:19 am
Sophist

Question is beyond my knowledge base.
Quote:

Why would choosing an incongruent path result in existential crisis?

It requires one to become unbalanced, and to fundamentally deny who one is.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:40 am
Ethermus Prime
Sophist

That's unfortunate. I assumed you knew what you meant when you divided being into two separate categories. Perhaps it's not a good idea to confuse the OP with these different ways of defining one's self if you can't even offer her the qualities she should be able to look for when trying to take a path suitable to her essence- or even to understand what her essence is in the first place. Adding more layers without offering her the tools to identify and understand them would just be confusing to her at this time.  

Bastemhet

MagickSlushii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:21 pm
Thanks...I am quite confused about this actually....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:31 am
Sophist
Ethermus Prime
Sophist

That's unfortunate. I assumed you knew what you meant when you divided being into two separate categories. Perhaps it's not a good idea to confuse the OP with these different ways of defining one's self if you can't even offer her the qualities she should be able to look for when trying to take a path suitable to her essence- or even to understand what her essence is in the first place. Adding more layers without offering her the tools to identify and understand them would just be confusing to her at this time.

If you say so, though I recall being quite impeccable with my word and commenting on Self observation. Determining why one does anything that one does. This being the Tool (other then aid from Teacher) I use. Hell I've been doing this a while, < I > Still don't even know most of my essence.

My advice is perfectly sound even with out the utilizations of knowledge pertaining to the layers of Essence, Nature, and Personality.

If my previous statement was not Suitable for you, Oh Sophist, then allow me to rephrase:

"Do not search for one selfs in a Path, Search for ones Path in ones Self"  

Ethermus Prime

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:33 am
Ethermus Prime
Sophist
Ethermus Prime
Sophist

If you say so, though I recall being quite impeccable with my word and commenting on Self observation. Determining why one does anything that one does. This being the Tool (other then aid from Teacher) I use. Hell I've been doing this a while, < I > Still don't even know most of my essence.

My advice is perfectly sound even with out the utilizations of knowledge pertaining to the layers of Essence, Nature, and Personality.

If my previous statement was not Suitable for you, Oh Sophist, then allow me to rephrase:

"Do not search for one selfs in a Path, Search for ones Path in ones Self"

It may work for you, and that's fine. But if you can't offer someone the actual definition of what essence is, and what its identifiable qualities are, then it's hardly sound advice to tell someone they should search for it. That's like telling someone they should get in touch with their zabbamefoo through careful self-searching and questioning but- what is it? Couldn't tell you. How can one find it? A mystery as well.

There are many different ways to define self. "Self" as a concept is slippery at best, as there are many ways to approach it, identify it, substantiate it, etc. Again- vague language does not help anyone.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:43 pm
So, how do I find myself, or my essence? Where do I begin?  

MagickSlushii

MagickSlushii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:04 pm
Can someone please answer me? >.<  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items