Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:57 am
I have ovarian problems, consiquentially my cramps used to be murderous and my flow really strong. There were several things that sortof worked, having a warm watter bottle on my abdomen, rolling into a ball and pretending I didn't exist... Only painkillers did the trick perfectly, but they had to be really strong. =/ I find that birth control regulates it very well, no more cramps and the flow is fairly normal.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:39 pm
rosemary and crushed jasmine as an herb resource  

Azriel Silverwings

Ru Aear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:06 am
For starters, drink lots of water. Cramps are caused by a few different things, one is simply the ab mucles spazzing out, another is from the the movement of all that ick getting ready to come out, and the third is from your body storing water. Your body needs lots of water in this time, so if your not getting enough as it is, its going to try to hold on to as much as possible, which is not good, since this is what causes 1, that bloatyness, and 2, the bloatyness puts pressure on the sensitive area, causing cramps. I suggest for the muscles, a heating pad or warm water soak, for all the ick and the bloatyness, an herbal tea that is mildly diuretic, such as thyme, parsley, or dandelion.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:43 am
You didnt mention it but if u want crystal therapy i know a crysta for the job. It was one of the 1st crystals i ever bought. Smoky quartz. It is shapose to help with digetion problems and feminim cramps. So if u have any smoky quartz go for it, if not, i dont know how else to help. Im not a woman...^_^  

zabazor
Vice Captain

Dark_Style

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:43 pm
Indigo Star Child
Well I know this isn't herbal or anything but bananas work well for relieving cramps.
It's the potassium that keeps muscles from cramping.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:06 pm
my mother, and her mother all had really bad cramps, but i don't. what i do is eat realy healthy food.(easy for me cause i like healthy food better than junk food.)  

Elloth

lightprincess03

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:18 pm
warm apple juice does the trick for me for some odd reason. i've tried hot chocolate so I could get my choco fill and something warm in my belly but it doesn't work as well as warm apple juice.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:28 pm
heating pad/drinking something warm

and when you don't have cramps do stretching/exercising- i heard it reduces the amount of cramps you get  

ummei

4,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Statustician 100

manga-gal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:01 pm
Lucifer Kiss
And Love Said No...
here is a link of ways, stretching can help too, i know you wanna bunch up in a ball but it actually doesn't help

crampsUser Image

Yes I know what you mean, when I have cramps at school I feel much better when I'm walking to classes than I do when I'm sitting down in class.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:01 am
You could try taking a bath with 3 drops of rosemary oil and 2 drops of peppermint oil in the water.

Or you could try making a massage oil out of 5 1/2 teaspoons hazelnut oil, 10 drops rosemary oil, 10 drops peppermint oil, and 10 drops sage oil. Rub the oil around your hips, lower back and abdomen for 1 minute, once a day from when your period begins.

^These are from one of Marina Baker's books~

BASS DRIVE

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:39 pm
User Image
© Robin Wood 1997

This body wash works very well at making cramps less painful, along with Yaz (if you get a birth control for a heavy flow and cramps, this is the best one) and plenty of water.

© Robin Wood 1997
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:10 pm
You should talk to your gyn even if you're not going the birth control route. I have bad cramps as well (but no severe pms symptoms, just... nevermind redface ). Bad cramps can be a symptom of bigger problems. AND your gyn can prescribe stronger painkillers, at the very least.  

FORTRAN77

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

The Red Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:07 pm
Take a nice, warm bath with flowers of Lavender and Chamomile sprinkled in the water. And keep a yellow candle lit next to the tub. Hope that helps 3nodding  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff