Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Back to Guilds

A guild for adult gaians 20 or older. 

Tags: Adult, Mature, friendly, 20 and older, older 

Reply Adults Gaia Anonymous
A.G.A. Chatter Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:58 pm
Inedible_Animals
Exxos
Inedible_Animals
Exxos
Inedible_Animals
The true reason behind controllers having rumble features o.o

I remember when I got pokemon pinball for the GBC, the rumbler in the cartridge was so strong, it would rumble the cartridge out of the gameboy.

A minor design flaw, gah I bet that drained the batteries so fast o.o
That sounds like that box that only exists to shut itself off when you turn it on xD

Nah, the cartridge had a huge bulge for a AA battery just for the rumbler.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
omg, who designed that! "Let's give it a battery powered rumble!" xD It's amazing! That thing looks like a tiny monster, and if it weren't for the durability of those older nintendo devices I'm certain it would have rumbled the the thing to pieces lol

Yeah, the first version had an AA. The second had an AAA. They used the self-powered rumbler for I think Star Wars Episode 1 Racer and one other game. The AAA one is a modest vibration, the AA will hurt your hands and wrists — because I am pretty sure that the battery itself is being used as part of the weight of the rumbler through an offset balance feedback loop basically moving the entire cartridge and battery's mass counter to the rumbler weight. If you set a GBA with the cartridge in and that huge battery extender pack latched onto the handheld, the AA rumbler had enough force that it would jerk it about 20cm across a countertop when it hit...

Which is how my GBA broke, it shot right off the bathroom counter onto the tile.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:23 pm
Egyptian Beatdown
Bump

Hello smile No need to bump here. Just jump into the convo as you like.

As I told you before, there's just a few of us left chatting at each other. Don't feel bad if this isn't for you and you need to find an actual active guild razz  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:37 pm
Exxos
Inedible_Animals
Exxos
Inedible_Animals
Exxos
Inedible_Animals
The true reason behind controllers having rumble features o.o

I remember when I got pokemon pinball for the GBC, the rumbler in the cartridge was so strong, it would rumble the cartridge out of the gameboy.

That sounds like that box that only exists to shut itself off when you turn it on xD

omg, who designed that! "Let's give it a battery powered rumble!" xD It's amazing! That thing looks like a tiny monster, and if it weren't for the durability of those older nintendo devices I'm certain it would have rumbled the the thing to pieces lol

Yeah, the first version had an AA. The second had an AAA. They used the self-powered rumbler for I think Star Wars Episode 1 Racer and one other game. The AAA one is a modest vibration, the AA will hurt your hands and wrists — because I am pretty sure that the battery itself is being used as part of the weight of the rumbler through an offset balance feedback loop basically moving the entire cartridge and battery's mass counter to the rumbler weight. If you set a GBA with the cartridge in and that huge battery extender pack latched onto the handheld, the AA rumbler had enough force that it would jerk it about 20cm across a countertop when it hit...

Which is how my GBA broke, it shot right off the bathroom counter onto the tile.

That's unfortunate about the GBA, but astonishing. I'm rather interested to see what the new rumble tech is for the next gen consoles. o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:20 pm
Inedible_Animals
Exxos
Inedible_Animals
Exxos
Inedible_Animals

That's unfortunate about the GBA, but astonishing. I'm rather interested to see what the new rumble tech is for the next gen consoles. o.o

Probably just tiny modifications to bearings so they are more energy efficient from reduced friction. The thing is with a rumble pack is that it is basically just a cam and piston or an unbalanced weight/flywheel on a motor. The only major change I have seen as of late is a gyroscopic rumbler with weights in a 3-axis mounting with three motors. It makes the controller feel somewhat rigid in midair and thus when one motor accelerates or decelerates, the entire controller can buck in directions. It's supposedly great for starfighter and plane simulation.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:15 am
Exxos
Inedible_Animals
Exxos
Inedible_Animals
Exxos
Inedible_Animals

Probably just tiny modifications to bearings so they are more energy efficient from reduced friction. The thing is with a rumble pack is that it is basically just a cam and piston or an unbalanced weight/flywheel on a motor. The only major change I have seen as of late is a gyroscopic rumbler with weights in a 3-axis mounting with three motors. It makes the controller feel somewhat rigid in midair and thus when one motor accelerates or decelerates, the entire controller can buck in directions. It's supposedly great for starfighter and plane simulation.
Sounds kinda exciting. o.o
The ps5 one is supposed to have "haptic feedback" which is just a fancy term for, "shakes different depending on the material you character runs on." But, is still very intriguing o.O

Loving all the new avis! ^-^ This is the best animal one so far! ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:31 am
Inedible_Animals
The ps5 one is supposed to have "haptic feedback" which is just a fancy term for, "shakes different depending on the material you character runs on." But, is still very intriguing o.O

Haptic feedback is such a soggy buzzword.

Inedible_Animals

Thanks. I have no idea what animal it is besides fluffy.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:54 am
Exxos
Inedible_Animals

Haptic feedback is such a soggy buzzword.

Inedible_Animals

Thanks. I have no idea what animal it is besides fluffy.

That's an excellent way to describe it lol, "soggy buzzword"

I wasn't sure what it was either, so I just titled it Fluff xD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:41 pm
Inedible_Animals

I really need to let more of this sort of turn of wording into my general writing.

It brings to mind such a figurative feel to it. It's a buzzword that's limp and mushy, maybe a bit worn and ready to fall apart, and saturated with a questionable fluid.

That's the thing with sogginess in general, you almost always know what that fluid is, but even if you were the one making it soggy, you have questions. There should be a term for that, the gnawing suspicion that there is some invasive material in the fluid making something soggy. I assume it is one of those ancient, ancestral memory things. At some point, Humans on a deep level learned to question sogginess as some sort of carrier of possible putrefied moistness.

Krug eat mushy, soggy seeds... Krug see purple goat and discover caveman space program through bowel movement velocity. Krug visit ball in night sky. Krug not impressed. Krug give 1 star on cave-yelp!  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:06 am
Hey off brand cb! ^-^ def not just making this post for some quick plat... Heh...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:09 am
Exxos
Inedible_Animals

I really need to let more of this sort of turn of wording into my general writing.

It brings to mind such a figurative feel to it. It's a buzzword that's limp and mushy, maybe a bit worn and ready to fall apart, and saturated with a questionable fluid.

That's the thing with sogginess in general, you almost always know what that fluid is, but even if you were the one making it soggy, you have questions. There should be a term for that, the gnawing suspicion that there is some invasive material in the fluid making something soggy. I assume it is one of those ancient, ancestral memory things. At some point, Humans on a deep level learned to question sogginess as some sort of carrier of possible putrefied moistness.

Krug eat mushy, soggy seeds... Krug see purple goat and discover caveman space program through bowel movement velocity. Krug visit ball in night sky. Krug not impressed. Krug give 1 star on cave-yelp!
Love it! ^-^ You should def bring that into your general writing! ^-^  

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:46 pm
Inedible_Animals
Hey off brand cb! ^-^ def not just making this post for some quick plat... Heh...

Hurting for platz? I can spare some.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:44 pm
Exxos
Inedible_Animals

I was 500 away from an impulse buy lol. I appreciate you, and love the look!  

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:58 pm
Inedible_Animals
Exxos
Inedible_Animals

I was 500 away from an impulse buy lol. I appreciate you, and love the look!

Thanks for the appreciation and compliments.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:45 am
Bump  

Egyptian Beatdown

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:52 pm
Egyptian Beatdown
Bump

We're going to find out you're some sort of Groot that only speaks in variations of the word bump. rofl  
Adults Gaia Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games