Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Back to Guilds

A guild for adult gaians 20 or older. 

Tags: Adult, Mature, friendly, 20 and older, older 

Reply Adults Gaia Anonymous
A.G.A. Chatter Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm
"You can jus' walked it off, that's not a real condichon." – My father; just after I had a seizure.

I am always at a loss as to how people can dismiss physical problems. Some psychological and behavioral problems, like depression or asperger's, I could see someone who does not know me not picking up on them if I manage my veneer well enough... but someone who is supposed to know you? Not so much. But when it comes to tremoring, a sharp yelp, and your left eye spasming backwards in the socket before losing muscle control and crumpling in a spasming heap for almost a minute? Oh yes, that is something entirely normal that people do every day! Walk it off! It's not real! /rant  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:25 pm
Exxos
"You can jus' walked it off, that's not a real condichon." – My father; just after I had a seizure.

I am always at a loss as to how people can dismiss physical problems. Some psychological and behavioral problems, like depression or asperger's, I could see someone who does not know me not picking up on them if I manage my veneer well enough... but someone who is supposed to know you? Not so much. But when it comes to tremoring, a sharp yelp, and your left eye spasming backwards in the socket before losing muscle control and crumpling in a spasming heap for almost a minute? Oh yes, that is something entirely normal that people do every day! Walk it off! It's not real! /rant

Reminds me of when I was much younger and I kept telling my parents that my stomach hurt real bad and I didn't want to eat. My father kept telling me, "It's all in your head, just eat." It was so awful because I'd take like two bites and my stomach was just killing me it was so bad.

Finally my father broke down and took me to a doctor. I had the beginning signs of multiple ulcers in my stomach. I dropped to 70 pounds during this time due to lack of food. I got this way because over a summer vacation, all I'd eat was microwave pizza and Fanta Orange. I was put into a very particular diet while in school: eat fatty foods every 2 hours, such as cheese, crackers, cookies, etc. I finally got healthy, but I'll still remember how he'd always say, "It's all in your head."  

KarenGreen

Beloved Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 pm
Exxos

Ugh, Exxos that's horrible. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Are you okay, though?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:34 am
Sammirah
Exxos

Ugh, Exxos that's horrible. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Are you okay, though?

I think so. I have been having a surge of them as of late - 5 since the beginning of December, so that is a concern. But I seem to have no lasting effects. As for my crumpling to the floor, I have a couple bruises from hitting the corner of the TV stand, but I otherwise descended without other incident.

I was just bringing it up though because I was so vexed by how anyone can be that out of touch and dismissive of people around them.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:21 am
Exxos

I can also relate...and my tale was a response from a credited doctor! I felt spikes and tingling sensations all over my body and hemorrhaging. I'm on depression meds, she said...it could be all in your head, it's probably your depression! She did nothing but make a hypothesis!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:22 pm
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos

I can also relate...and my tale was a response from a credited doctor! I felt spikes and tingling sensations all over my body and hemorrhaging. I'm on depression meds, she said...it could be all in your head, it's probably your depression! She did nothing but make a hypothesis!

I've had people say my bleeding is all in my head as well. Nosebleeds, eyebleeds, earbleeds, tears in the skin just gushing blood in front of them. If it is all in my head, then I must be capable of projecting it into other people's heads and why aren't psychic rulers of the planet instead of shambling mounds of bleeding?  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:10 pm
Exxos
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos

I've had people say my bleeding is all in my head as well. Nosebleeds, eyebleeds, earbleeds, tears in the skin just gushing blood in front of them. If it is all in my head, then I must be capable of projecting it into other people's heads and why aren't psychic rulers of the planet instead of shambling mounds of bleeding?

It's so easy for them to shrug off all of our concerns and say "oh don't worry, it's all in your head" believing that they're offering a consoling hand. I don't know your story, but speaking for myself as someone with a brain injury all his life, it just pisses me off something fierce that I sort of feel all alone in my struggle. However, knowing people like you that also are misunderstood, I'm comfortable knowing I'm not alone in my struggle. We will never be fully understood, only to be shunned and shrugged off. We can't give up and just be casted to the side, but we can stand together knowing we aren't alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 am
On the new subforums: IS there a place for health and fitness.

A friend in my other guild introduced me to fitocracy dot com. It helps track your fitness. And its neat since i started working out again.  

Ghin - Aoiichi

Retro Punk

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:14 pm
SPECIAL NOTICE

Hello guild lovelies! The new year is now upon us...and that means a fresh start...sort of. In all the joyous celebration of the holiday season, I totally forgot to update and let you know about A Humble Cleansing: Lotto. Yes my lovelies...gorgeous outfits are up for auction and tickets are for sale for a generous price! So go over and check out the lotto, bid on items and good luck!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:42 am
Oyaji - Guin

A friend in my other guild introduced me to fitocracy dot com. It helps track your fitness. And its neat since i started working out again.

That would go in the Real Life: Well Being & Getting to Know Your Fellow Guildies subforum I think.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:44 am
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos

It's so easy for them to shrug off all of our concerns and say "oh don't worry, it's all in your head" believing that they're offering a consoling hand. I don't know your story, but speaking for myself as someone with a brain injury all his life, it just pisses me off something fierce that I sort of feel all alone in my struggle. However, knowing people like you that also are misunderstood, I'm comfortable knowing I'm not alone in my struggle. We will never be fully understood, only to be shunned and shrugged off. We can't give up and just be casted to the side, but we can stand together knowing we aren't alone.

*nods*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:50 am
Exxos
Oyaji - Guin

That would go in the Real Life: Well Being & Getting to Know Your Fellow Guildies subforum I think.

Hey THanks !  

Ghin - Aoiichi

Retro Punk

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 am
Oyaji - Guin
Exxos
Oyaji - Guin

Hey THanks !

gaia_nitemareleft

Yup! 3nodding We even have "Lighten Up Club -thread" in there. It has been bit slow lately but then again, with new ideas, people might get active again! whee

gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:48 am
Exxos

i am so sorry you have to deal with that. my oldest has hydrocephalus. sometimes we wonder how much she is really dealing with and how much is her being a drama queen. she gets bad headaches and they scare me sometimes and i feel so helpless that i don't know how to help her other than to tell her to take a nap (what i do for my migraines). and then there are times it seems like she's trying to milk it a little and isn't really hurting. but i remember my dad making fun of me for being sick a lot and i don't want her to feel like i don't care or am dismissing her pain.  

Teeshann

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games