Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Homosexuality and the Bible (1/5/06) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kt-Chi

Dapper Pants

5,550 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:47 pm
Baptist Holman
Every gay person that I have meet before in the past (who were my friends) have said that they chosen such abominable lifestyle. Everyone is born depraved and will live like it unless God touches one's life toward repentance. Should homosexuality be compromised in Christianity? No. For God himself said it was abominable sinful and against his purpose of sex.

I for one did not chose to be gay. I knew I was gay at age 8, and at that time I did not even know what it meant to "go out".
And for 2 years I was depressed, suicidal because I thought God hated me just for who I loved.
Repent? You only do such a thing for sins.
Being gay is not a sin.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:37 pm
Baptist Holman
Every gay person that I have meet before in the past (who were my friends) have said that they chosen such abominable lifestyle. Everyone is born depraved and will live like it unless God touches one's life toward repentance. Should homosexuality be compromised in Christianity? No. For God himself said it was abominable sinful and against his purpose of sex.
What is this "lifestyle" people keep speaking of?

Honestly, I think my lifestyle is pretty normal. Boring, even. I wake up, I go to class in the morning, I work in the afternoon, after work I might run some errands, and then I come home and practise, work on coursework, and waste time online. Sounds pretty abominable, doesn't it?

But all sarcasm aside, I think you're missing an important distinction: Chosing the sexual orientation, vs. choosing to act upon it. Homosexuality is not homosexual sex. Homosexuality is the sexual, emotional, and intellectual attraction to members of the same sex. One does not choose to be homosexual anymore than one chooses to be heterosexual (see my link to the APA's article on sexuality on the previous page if you want to see what the experts have to say about it). But unless you're raped, sex is always a choice. Regardless of sexual orientation, a person chooses whether or not to act on their attraction to any given person.

So if your friends say that they chose the homosexual "lifestyle" (which I'm taking in this context to mean homosexual relationships/sex), they're not saying that they chose to be homosexual. They're saying that they chose to act on their attractions to members of the same sex.  

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

Monergism

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:24 pm
SinfulGuillotine
But all sarcasm aside, I think you're missing an important distinction: Chosing the sexual orientation, vs. choosing to act upon it. Homosexuality is not homosexual sex. Homosexuality is the sexual, emotional, and intellectual attraction to members of the same sex. One does not choose to be homosexual anymore than one chooses to be heterosexual (see my link to the APA's article on sexuality on the previous page if you want to see what the experts have to say about it). But unless you're raped, sex is always a choice. Regardless of sexual orientation, a person chooses whether or not to act on their attraction to any given person.

True, I should be more accurate on my terms when dealing with homosexuality. Now, I'm not sure if the pro-homosexual propaganda theories are true or not. I just don't know. All I know is what Scripture teaches about homosexual sex.

SinfulGuillotine
So if your friends say that they chose the homosexual "lifestyle" (which I'm taking in this context to mean homosexual relationships/sex), they're not saying that they chose to be homosexual. They're saying that they chose to act on their attractions to members of the same sex.

I'm just repeating what they said to me. So, I can't speak for them any further on this issue.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:28 pm
Kt-Chi
Being gay is not a sin.

Read.  

Monergism

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:42 pm
Baptist Holman

True, I should be more accurate on my terms when dealing with homosexuality. Now, I'm not sure if the pro-homosexual propaganda theories are true or not. I just don't know. All I know is what Scripture teaches about homosexual sex.
I wasn't aware that psychology was pro-homosexual propganda.

Perhaps some people, to some degree, can consciously manipulate their sexualities, but that is not true for the vast majority of the population. Heterosexuals don't chose to be heterosexual, bisexuals don't choose to be bisexual, and homosexuals don't choose to be homosexual.

As for the Scripture, I tread lightly on that. But it's not universally-accepted among scholars and theologians that the Bible condemns homosexuality.

I merely direct people to this page, which addresses all sides and many different specific issues of homosexuality and Christianity.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:36 am
...Read what exactly?
What they said just confirmed that its not a sin.
o-O  

Kt-Chi

Dapper Pants

5,550 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Monergism

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:17 pm
Kt-Chi
...Read what exactly?
What they said just confirmed that its not a sin.
o-O

Did you read Jedediah Smith's reply?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:21 pm
Thats all his opinion.
He says "I believe".

With that beside the point.. you want me to try to be straight again, feeling that everyone hates me, and to feel deeply depressed and suicidal because I cant be what I clearly am?

You want me to... try and actually LIKE the male genitals?
NO.
Disgusting.  

Kt-Chi

Dapper Pants

5,550 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:30 pm
Kt-Chi
Thats all his opinion.
He says "I believe".

But he still backs up 'his opinion' with facts and scripture. Not that I agree or disagree with him, but dismissing an entire argument for only two words is rather frivolous.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:57 am
Same Sex Marriage
I feel very strongly about this subject.
It says by man and wife. Not man and man, or woman and woman ... When you get married.

Also:
Romans 7:2
..."by law a married woman is bound to her husband..."
Never once in the Bible does it refer to a man and man, or woman and woman.

Look up marriage in your Bible (My Bible has a dictionary at the end) and see what it says. Even read the bible cover to cover a million times, it never refers to same sex marriage is acceptable!

And I feel homosexuality is a sin. My mother,grandfather and grandmother are all pastors and they have all told me ... it's a sin.

My older brother is gay, and he SAID he knows its wrong. BUT, he does his own thing.

iWannaLoveYouForever29

Monergism

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:46 pm
Kt-Chi
With that beside the point.. you want me to try to be straight again, feeling that everyone hates me, and to feel deeply depressed and suicidal because I cant be what I clearly am?

NO.
Disgusting.

I'm not suggesting you go have sex with a male. I'm just point out that there is support against homosexuality in the Bible. Celibacy is an option for homosexuals.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:26 pm
iWannaLoveYouForever29
Same Sex Marriage
I feel very strongly about this subject.
It says by man and wife. Not man and man, or woman and woman ... When you get married.

Also:
Romans 7:2
..."by law a married woman is bound to her husband..."
Never once in the Bible does it refer to a man and man, or woman and woman.

Look up marriage in your Bible (My Bible has a dictionary at the end) and see what it says. Even read the bible cover to cover a million times, it never refers to same sex marriage is acceptable!

And I feel homosexuality is a sin. My mother,grandfather and grandmother are all pastors and they have all told me ... it's a sin.

My older brother is gay, and he SAID he knows its wrong. BUT, he does his own thing.
But marriage is a legal institution. Therefore, regardless of whether or not homosexuality is a sin should be irrelevent in a secular government.

Yes, marriage has a religious aspect of it for many people, but if you believe that marriage should be confined to the church, I hope you also protest the marriage of atheists and agnostics.  

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

Kt-Chi

Dapper Pants

5,550 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:01 pm
Baptist Holman
Kt-Chi

NO.
Disgusting.

I'm not suggesting you go have sex with a male. I'm just point out that there is support against homosexuality in the Bible. Celibacy is an option for homosexuals.

Not in the 1611 version.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:08 pm
Kt-Chi
Baptist Holman
Kt-Chi

NO.
Disgusting.

Not in the 1611 version.

What question  

Monergism

Kt-Chi

Dapper Pants

5,550 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:18 pm
Baptist Holman
Kt-Chi
Baptist Holman
Kt-Chi

NO.
Disgusting.

Not in the 1611 version.

What question

Siiiigh.
The bible that does not have the word homosexual in it.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff