Welcome to Gaia! ::

Complete Booty

Back to Guilds

Complete list of the best tanks on gaia & Complete guide on booty grab 

Tags: Booty, Booty grab, gold, rich, guide 

Reply Complete Booty
Manny, Societal and Kenshin chat thread --- others welcome Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Societal Downfall
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 am
Kenshin, you should also put a huge thing at the top of your post saying "DON"T BUY FISH. You will lose gold"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:30 pm
Societal Downfall
I personally feel that your time would be better spent just telling people NOT to buy aquarium fish instead of complaining in the SF forum.

I have not had positive experiences in the SF and feel that they ignore everyone in there. If you hurt their income (buying fish), they listen to that. If we can convince people to stop buying fish, there is a better chance they will notice.

It's hard to say what will happen.... So many people don't react to fish being nerfed. Either through ignorance or something else. Technically this move should drop MP prices to keep fish affordable, but I don't see that happening yet.

Its in the aqua forum not SF (SF is useless)... its only purpose is to inform. I don't like telling people to buy or not buy something, i just pass on the information. With that said i added your quote to the post as i highly value your opinion wink  

Lord Uesugi Kenshin
Crew

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Societal Downfall
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:16 pm
P.S. one of your tanks you didn't post in the (full pages) thread. The SF comment was about the other people who talked about the SF, not you razz

Oh, did you quote my little math?

4 games x 34 players x 2000 gold + 25% for owner = 340 000 gold into economy

==== > Cut glow times by 1/2 and double owner's gold

2 games x 34 players x 2000 gold + 50% for owner = 204 000 gold

==== 40% reduction in gold in gaia economy at little cost to the tank owner.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:02 pm
You know what would be funny?

If all of this "reduced glow time" was because the high schools in many areas were on spring break? Maybe they had soooo many extra people playing booty grab all day because of a long holiday that their servers were stressed so they increased glow times to reduce the number of games. And once this break is over (this week), they will put glow times back to normal!?!? LOL< I would kick myself and laugh if we have been getting so upset over this and it was just a temporary thing for a week or so.

I doubt it, but I would LOL if this was the case.  

Societal Downfall
Crew

pikachufan2164
Crew

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 pm
Societal Downfall
You know what would be funny?

If all of this "reduced glow time" was because the high schools in many areas were on spring break? Maybe they had soooo many extra people playing booty grab all day because of a long holiday that their servers were stressed so they increased glow times to reduce the number of games. And once this break is over (this week), they will put glow times back to normal!?!? LOL< I would kick myself and laugh if we have been getting so upset over this and it was just a temporary thing for a week or so.

I doubt it, but I would LOL if this was the case.

That is a very loltastic theory there. But shouldn't that have happened during the general Winter Break time as well? Also, not all schools have their spring break now -- the high school that I graduated from had theirs in the second week of March (before the Paralympics). It's weird, but maybe that really is what happened rofl

In other news, apparently, Gaia is also planning to nerf the Dolphins on top of what already happened.

Read more at http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=18608687&_gaia_t_=1272&page=last

I'm in the process of asking the poster if he would give permission to have that quoted in the angry threads in GA and possibly SF. Quoting permission granted. 3nodding Go go journalism power!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:04 am
Lol Thank god I don't have Dolphins.  

The Infamous Manny-kun

Profitable Tycoon

Societal Downfall
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:58 am
That's funny because they gave dolphins a boost. When they increased red coins from 4x to 5x  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:12 pm
The Infamous Manny-kun
Lol Thank god I don't have Dolphins.

I swear i saw a dolphin piloting one of those airsharks.... xd  

Lord Uesugi Kenshin
Crew

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Societal Downfall
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 pm
Filed a complaint under selling practices and emptied my tanks (this one I won't empty until the day so I can join everyone).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:28 pm
I'm not. The Strike is pointless, and all your complaints won't do a thing because the TOS is going to trump all of your complaints. If the TOS didn't mean a thing, Gaia would have been sued many times by now. Good luck in trying though.  

The Infamous Manny-kun

Profitable Tycoon

Societal Downfall
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 pm
The Infamous Manny-kun
I'm not. The Strike is pointless, and all your complaints won't do a thing because the TOS is going to trump all of your complaints. If the TOS didn't mean a thing, Gaia would have been sued many times by now. Good luck in trying though.
I think this is much better than wasting your time making threads in SF. Also, if you stop buying cash, that *WILL* make a difference.

Plus, I don't have the time to be on gaia much, so this will help me biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:14 am
Societal Downfall
The Infamous Manny-kun
I think this is much better than wasting your time making threads in SF. Also, if you stop buying cash, that *WILL* make a difference.

Plus, I don't have the time to be on gaia much, so this will help me biggrin
Eh, we'll see. Not buying cash and removing your fish for no reason is two different things. You guys weren't going to use GC anyways, so I don't really see it as a strike.  

The Infamous Manny-kun

Profitable Tycoon

The Infamous Manny-kun

Profitable Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 pm
I'll be watching from the sidelines.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:35 am
I am bothered that some people don't understand but I have given up on asserting my opinion with them. I have, however, figured this:

It has been brought to my attention that we may have to strike longer than a week. The admins may think it'll just pass. The strike may not gain enough momentum and we may be doing exactly what Gaia wants despite the fact that they are losing money. Inflation may go down a bit which is thought to be the reason of the nerf to many users. (Are people misunderstanding the reason for the strike despite having it clear as water? The opposing side truly believes the reason why our tanks were nerfed to decrease inflation and that it's our fault for buying pixels. We agreed to the ToS but it doesn't mean that we don't have rights to a notice that the value of certain items have been changed.)

EDIT: Of the three people I have talked to that oppose the strike, they don't assert their opinions because it has gotten "boring" despite the fact that they brought it up. .__. I don't get people.  

mishyrawr

Mega Fatcat

Rosalynanca

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:26 pm
I agree with this strike! I barely break even on fish (I never made profit). I like keeping my tank for grabbers. Now my tank is never glowing. I have caught it only a couple times o.o; I feel like I am losing money. I actually spent quite a bit on gaia cash just this year!  
Complete Booty

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff