Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Fiction, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Guild [Reading, Writing,

Back to Guilds

Reply The FSFBG
What Are you Currently Reading? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sandless Dunes

Wheezing Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 pm
At the moment I'm not sure of any good science fiction books that our poor library has, so I am currently reading Lisey's Story by Stephen King.
It is actually a pretty good book, even if it doesn't have fancy demons, different races, or magic.
I'm only about half-way through it and from where I am it seems to be pretty good. It starts off slow and very confusing if you aren't used to the style of writing like I was, heh. I would recommend reading it to most people.

Also, I am looking for a good series that could keep my attention for about a month or so. Any suggestions anyone would like to give I would be greatly appreciated if you would please send me a message.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:26 pm
I am about to start Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein. My husband just finished it and loved it. He said it's so different from the movie and there is a chapter in the book about how the decline of spanking during the child psychology era caused the demise of America and corporal punishment actually gives consequence to bad behavior.  

glorybaby

Madame Twiggly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:50 pm
im reading the oddysey of homer.....against my will -.- stupid summer homework....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:04 am
At the moment I'm reading Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris, which is the 4th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series.
I LOVE this series, and Charlaine Harris is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors, although I am yet to read any of her other series. I'm excited by the fact that once I have read all 9 books in the Sookie Stackhouse series, I only have to wait until May for the 10th book!!  

Vogue Muffin___x

1,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

[Dick Dastardly]

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:33 pm
glorybaby
I am about to start Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein. My husband just finished it and loved it. He said it's so different from the movie and there is a chapter in the book about how the decline of spanking during the child psychology era caused the demise of America and corporal punishment actually gives consequence to bad behavior.

I loved that book, and I loved the movie... However I am so glad I watched the movie first.

I would highly recommend the animated Starship Troopers series called Roughnecks I think... It follows the book a lot better, has the suits, the Skinnies, and drop pods...

As for what I am reading... I am currently reading Black Hawk Down, and just, I mean just finished The Postman.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:49 am
Vogue Muffin___x
At the moment I'm reading Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris, which is the 4th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series.
I LOVE this series, and Charlaine Harris is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors, although I am yet to read any of her other series. I'm excited by the fact that once I have read all 9 books in the Sookie Stackhouse series, I only have to wait until May for the 10th book!!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oh my gosh! I love that series. I read whats available in about a week. I think I might read it again.

Umm... I recently got into paranormal romances. So I am reading a book called Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian. I am about a quarter of the way through and its pretty good so far. The main character has my daughters name. Which is kind of odd considering its a romance and my daughter is 2.

Orchidsdance

Lietou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:13 pm
I currently reading "Musashi" by Eiji Yoshikawa, non sci-fi or fantasy novel. Story of a great samurai in ancient Japan.

But I'm waiting with impatience for "Mother London" by Moorcock. Hope I will receive it tomorrow biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:24 pm
It's a book that I read many years ago, in Elementary School I think. I'm starting to remember how interesting it was. It's called From The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. And it might be a kid's book, but it's a damn good kid's book at that.  

noushuddup

Shameless Lunatic

10,375 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

stellaangelo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:44 pm
I'm reading Ring by Stephen Baxter

It's a really interesting book, and I while I just recently discovered Stephen Baxter, he is quite a good writer.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:16 pm
User Image
User Image
User ImageCurrently Reading
Fire
Dust of 100 Dogs
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
Watership Down (It's taking me forever!)
User Image
User Image

User Image

pakki

Unbeatable Ladykiller

4,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

XxMetal_UniversexX

Lonely Genius

11,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:40 pm
Gears of War: Aspho Fields biggrin Its amazing.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:16 pm
The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. xd  

Phantom Chiyo

Catalina dAragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:40 pm
I'm re-reading The Alex Rider series by Anthony Howoritz. Yes, it is basic literature but who needs sophisticated literature? It has some humour and is a fast-moving action packed series. The first book has been made into a movie - Stormbreaker.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:52 pm
Madame Twiggly
im reading the oddysey of homer.....against my will -.- stupid summer homework....

The Oddysey isn't that bad once you get into it and it does help if you read the Iliad first. Though I read both for leisure.  

Catalina dAragon

jimvansage

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:22 pm
My aunt had a copy of "Starship Troopers" (Heinlein) and I thought I'd give it a read.

Thid post in no way endorses the film adaptation from the director of Robocop and Total Recall.  
The FSFBG

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff