Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pagan name? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 am
rmcdra
@TeaDidikai
Okay yeah that does get some basics across. I would like to see those articles because this is a subject of interest to me.

Take a look at Developmental Psychology By Derek Hook, Jacki Watts, Kate Cockcroft.

I think they have it on Google Books. It's chapter 15 in my copy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:23 pm
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
@TeaDidikai
Okay yeah that does get some basics across. I would like to see those articles because this is a subject of interest to me.

Take a look at Developmental Psychology By Derek Hook, Jacki Watts, Kate Cockcroft.

I think they have it on Google Books. It's chapter 15 in my copy.
Thanks I'll check it tonight.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:51 pm
I too have had many names over my years. I can probably list them all. Ezen, Dark, Renzook, Versipellis and finalle Aakosir. I forgot Ezaku! Those were long ago, just recently I found my Aakosir. This one has really stuck with me though. Unlike the others I find it fitting. Don't ask me how or why, I just know it's me. My fiance even recognizes me by it =^_^= I love names and people meanings behind them. My daughter is named Elena after a werewolf from Kelley Armstrongs books. Elena in the book could make it through anything and my daughter was almost aborted. I feel the reasoning fits her well. I hope she will be as strong as a werewolf when she's older, just without the rage issues =^_^=

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:11 pm
There was that chick who named her daughter after a Hindu goddess of "Love and Prosperity" according to her.

She named the kick Kali. ninja  

TeaDidikai

Nines19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:07 am
TeaDidikai
There was that chick who named her daughter after a Hindu goddess of "Love and Prosperity" according to her.

xd
Am I the only one picturing a child running amuck and the mother going, "Why isn't she all sweet and loving?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:06 am
Nines19
TeaDidikai

xd
Am I the only one picturing a child running amuck and the mother going, "Why isn't she all sweet and loving?"

Nope xd  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:20 am
rmcdra
Nines19
TeaDidikai

xd

Nope xd
Got to see it first hand actually.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:55 pm
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
Nines19
TeaDidikai

xd

Nope xd
Got to see it first hand actually.

I was watching a comedian and he said he was watching America's Got Talent or something like it and there was a girl on it and her name was Temptress. The comedian said she was rather large and not to tempting. I couldn't imagine that... Do you think of her name when you named her that as a baby??? Like they want their daughter to be a sex magnet... Why didn't they just name her Succubus? That would have probably kept the people away from her  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:11 pm
Aakosir
Like they want their daughter to be a sex magnet...
Maybe they're incredibly sex-positive. ~shrugs~
Or you know, it could be a stage name.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Aakosir
Like they want their daughter to be a sex magnet...
Maybe they're incredibly sex-positive. ~shrugs~
Or you know, it could be a stage name.

Still really weird. I tell my mom stuff, on purpose, to freak her out. But I don't think I could ever think of my daughter that way... xp  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

iSpikeDog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:37 pm
my pagan/wiccan name came out of my heart after my gf chose hers... i chose fallen snow.... when we had some trouble, i ended up getting her a winter rose.... it assured her... i'm sure she'll tell you her circle name like i did... but if you want to know my other two names... dante, and conan (little wolf)... i'm 18 and i'm about 4 months in... and already i feel my heart being fulfilled by the changes i've made... and they all revolve around the one i love the most... the one the goddess blessed me with...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:38 pm
I use a public "craft name." It's Illiezeulette. I use it for open circles and such.  

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:11 pm
Aakosir
Still really weird.
For your familial conventions, yes. But then, you're not everyone.

Quote:
I tell my mom stuff, on purpose, to freak her out.
Here's hoping you grow out of that.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:02 pm
i thought we werent supposed to share our pagan/wiccan names, ithought u were only supposed to share them with ur coven or people ur close with.  

KaelenAndrew

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:36 pm
KaelenAndrew
i thought we werent supposed to share our pagan/wiccan names, ithought u were only supposed to share them with ur coven or people ur close with.
Completely depends on the tradition.

Some of my names aren't even known to me- so to even give them to "people I am close with" wouldn't do.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff