Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Anti-GUILD!! IRON FIST!!!!!111
Best Friends Forever Club -- Nabs, Pi, & Chrys Party! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14369 14370 14371 14372 14373 14374 ... 14381 14382 14383 14384 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrysant

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:07 am
Chrysant
I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant and lost about 50 lbs. I've been terrible and have been gaining it back...so I also need to be better about food...

...but you can't start on a Wednesday so EAT ON.
Heck yeah! Or a Thursday... Or a Friday... Can you even start in the middle of a month? Surely the only time to start is if the 1st falls on a Monday...
And with all those holidays coming up...might as well wait until the first of the year...
I like the way your mind works...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:43 am
Chrysant
Musuu
Chrysant
In other news, I'm now 30. I think I need to join a gym or something as there's no way I'll be able to keep eating the way I do without putting on quite a bit of weight... emo

Happy birthday!

Also, #same
Thanks. smile

Obviously it's not going to stop me from eating way more than I should for the next few days... Oh well.

I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant and lost about 50 lbs. I've been terrible and have been gaining it back...so I also need to be better about food...

Before I became a diabetic, I was around 172 lbs (78kg). I got so sick of being fat, I started eating like a diabetic and lost 30 lbs (13.6kg).

I say being chubby is fine. Eat how you want. When you get sick of being chubby, you'll lose it. wink You should only diet if it will make YOU happy. 3nodding heart  

Peppermint Elf
Crew

Moonlight Warrior

Chrysant

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:00 pm
Peppermint Elf
Chrysant
Musuu
Chrysant
In other news, I'm now 30. I think I need to join a gym or something as there's no way I'll be able to keep eating the way I do without putting on quite a bit of weight... emo

Happy birthday!

Also, #same
Thanks. smile

Obviously it's not going to stop me from eating way more than I should for the next few days... Oh well.

Before I became a diabetic, I was around 172 lbs (78kg). I got so sick of being fat, I started eating like a diabetic and lost 30 lbs (13.6kg).

I say being chubby is fine. Eat how you want. When you get sick of being chubby, you'll lose it. wink You should only diet if it will make YOU happy. 3nodding heart
Oh that's my thing - I won't diet. xd I figure if I exercise a bit then it should offset the eating... Maybe...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:52 am
My 14th Gaia anniversary is tomorrow. gonk  

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:09 pm
Peppermint Elf
Chrysant
I forgot our guild had more than this thread. I saw the main page...so much old...
I like reading some of the old stuff every now and then, because nostalgia.
The guild birthday is June 2004...this guild is old enough to join Gaia.
That's scary! Remember when Skizz was a baby of 12?! eek : crying

ETERNAL! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:13 pm
Chrysant
Chrysant
I thought it was 13!
You could be right... I think I recall Skizz saying she told a porky pie in order to register... But my memory is bad because old.
I had to look up what a porky pie was. xd

...and tbh i'm a little high right now so it really confused me like...wait is this a thing people say!? Then I remembered.
xd I forgot that phrases like that might not be familiar to you guys... Oh well. razz
It made me wonder what if there are weird American/Midwest sayings that you might not know?

The only thing I could think of in my area we call traffic circles "roundabouts" and apparently most of the USA doesn't? I know they don't in Wisconsin because their signs always say "traffic circle" and I always think...roundabout is a much more entertaining word to say.

That and the fact that "Traffic Circle" would probably make a terrible song, especially in comparison to this.  

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:17 pm
Chrysant
We host a Fall Party every year on the first weekend of fall. And the past few years we incorporated soup. So today is our party and...

...it's going to 92ºF/33ºC today. crying
Well if you still want soup go for gazpacho. biggrin

Vichyssoise and Cantaloupe Soup are both good cold ones. Of course, there's always that curried carrot soup I answered someone's post in the AMC with back in the day. That was a cold soup.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 pm
Chrysant
I can't even deal with America today. If I see one more post about athletes kneeling during the anthem I will lose my mind.
So this has popped up quite a lot in the UK too... But like, isn't what they're doing protected by the amendments ...? I could be wrong, since I have no idea except that the second amendment is the right to arm bears.

How is it that you guys understand time travel, yet are constantly confused about basic constitutional rights?

Do we need to come over there and throw tea in one of your harbors? We hosted the last one, so its only right that you get the home field advantage on the repeat.  

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 pm
Musuu
Hah, I got a blue box from that last post.

...why haven't they updated the items from 14 years ago?? gonk

What? You don't want a Dried Grass Skirt and a shot of nostalgia FOR... FREE? cool
I STILL get all the worst items like trapjaw or handcuffs. xd

talk2hand Worst? More like bestest evar.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:31 pm
Chrysant
Chrysant
It's finally cold again! 4laugh
Make it colder here please thanks.
3nodding

We live 5 minutes away from an apple orchard...and it is really hard to not wake up every morning and go get the BEST apple cider donuts...

...wait! I think cider is a word that is different in the UK? Cider is not a boozy drink in the US. It's like...a spicy apple juice?
Yeah cider is alcoholic here. It used to be my drink of choice, but I've not drunk for about 5 years now.
I've never had a boozy cider drink! They have a lot of them here now though. Some are apple cider? Some are apple ale? I don't know the difference. xd I've never been a malt liquor/beer drinker.

I rarely drink these days, but my drink of choice is usually white wine. Very mom of me.

A lot of those are really just mostly a malt beverage with too much sugar and some apple flavoring. A good one to start with would be almost anything by Woodchuck. If you want something more along the lines of what Chrysant was probably drinking, look for something with the words "draught cider" on it. Hornsby's is a good one widely available in the US.  

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:33 pm
Chrysant
Chrysant
Musuu
Chrysant

Happy birthday!

Also, #same
Thanks. smile

Heck yeah! Or a Thursday... Or a Friday... Can you even start in the middle of a month? Surely the only time to start is if the 1st falls on a Monday...
And with all those holidays coming up...might as well wait until the first of the year...

Most popular day to start a diet is "tomorrow".  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:09 am
Streamjumper
Chrysant
We host a Fall Party every year on the first weekend of fall. And the past few years we incorporated soup. So today is our party and...

...it's going to 92ºF/33ºC today. crying
Well if you still want soup go for gazpacho. biggrin

Vichyssoise and Cantaloupe Soup are both good cold ones. Of course, there's always that curried carrot soup I answered someone's post in the AMC with back in the day. That was a cold soup.
Vichyssoise is also a good shout - though I figured you may be more of a "remainsofmyenemenies" cold soup kinda guy...  

Chrysant

Wheezing Sex Symbol

Chrysant

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:12 am
Streamjumper
Chrysant
I can't even deal with America today. If I see one more post about athletes kneeling during the anthem I will lose my mind.
So this has popped up quite a lot in the UK too... But like, isn't what they're doing protected by the amendments ...? I could be wrong, since I have no idea except that the second amendment is the right to arm bears.

How is it that you guys understand time travel, yet are constantly confused about basic constitutional rights?

Do we need to come over there and throw tea in one of your harbors? We hosted the last one, so its only right that you get the home field advantage on the repeat.
Ahh yes, bear arms. I wasn't sure if it was arm bears or bare arms - you know, the right to wear t-shirts or tank tops.

In the name of being a good sport I think it's only fair we host this one. We'll get Bendybean Cumberland to be the commentator.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:04 am
Streamjumper
Chrysant
Chrysant
It's finally cold again! 4laugh
Make it colder here please thanks.
3nodding

We live 5 minutes away from an apple orchard...and it is really hard to not wake up every morning and go get the BEST apple cider donuts...

...wait! I think cider is a word that is different in the UK? Cider is not a boozy drink in the US. It's like...a spicy apple juice?
Yeah cider is alcoholic here. It used to be my drink of choice, but I've not drunk for about 5 years now.
I've never had a boozy cider drink! They have a lot of them here now though. Some are apple cider? Some are apple ale? I don't know the difference. xd I've never been a malt liquor/beer drinker.

I rarely drink these days, but my drink of choice is usually white wine. Very mom of me.

A lot of those are really just mostly a malt beverage with too much sugar and some apple flavoring. A good one to start with would be almost anything by Woodchuck. If you want something more along the lines of what Chrysant was probably drinking, look for something with the words "draught cider" on it. Hornsby's is a good one widely available in the US.
Yes, those sugar + apple drinks never look good to me.

I can't drink anything overly sugary...my absolute favorite drink/cocktail is an old fashioned. It's a popular drink in Wisconsin so a lot of bartenders there are skilled at making them.  

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:14 am
Chrysant
Streamjumper
Chrysant

Ahh yes, bear arms. I wasn't sure if it was arm bears or bare arms - you know, the right to wear t-shirts or tank tops.

In the name of being a good sport I think it's only fair we host this one. We'll get Bendybean Cumberland to be the commentator.
To be fair, many who like to bear arms also like to bare arms. How else can you show off your sweet confederate flag tattoo while shootin' yer gun?  
Anti-GUILD!! IRON FIST!!!!!111

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14369 14370 14371 14372 14373 14374 ... 14381 14382 14383 14384 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games