Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Fiction, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Guild [Reading, Writing,

Back to Guilds

Reply The FSFBG
What Are you Currently Reading? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nontoxicpaint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:40 am
right now, i'm reading pendragon: the soldiers of halla. it's the tenth book and so far it's pretty good.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:25 pm
I'm currently reading "The ultimate Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" but the book I'm on is "So long and thanks for the fish" i never read a book that made me laugh so many times.  

Wade640

5,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

x Deadly Fairy x

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:28 am
I am currently reading Faeries Gone Wildby Maryjanice Davidson, Lois Greiman, Michele Hauf, Leandra Logan

is about 4 faerie stories each written by one author

Tall, Dark and Not so Faery
Pixie Lust
Dust Me, Baby, One More Time
A Little Bit Faery

Four sensuous stories of pixies, stardust, moonbeams and fae lust.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:18 pm
I'm currently reading 'The Nymph King' by Gena Showalter and it's really addicting but a bit too focused on the sexual attractions of the characters...but well, that's what the book's about. xp  

fikeyfikey

Reading Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:33 am
Finished Tuck Everlasting and had to read it again in school. All well, I kinda told my friend some things that happened in the book.
Now I'm reading Indian In The Cupboard for the gazillionth time. Kiddish, yes, boring, no. I haven't read it since I was 7. That was 5 or 6 years ago. It's a good book, kinda kiddish and short, but I wanted to read it again. I like the idea of the book. That's aimed for 4th and 5th graders and I'm in 7th grade reading it. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:56 pm
I am reading Darkwing by Keneth Oppel.
It is a young adult fiction that is about a young chaiprator that goes on a daring journey with the rest of his colony when it is under attack. The creature named Dusk then must use his flying ability to guid his colony to saftey and find a new home.

I enjoyed it because it has action, drama and love through out the whole book. You should take it into consideration for a new read.  

meow15

Azlie knightstar

3,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:54 pm
I"m reading the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin entitled A Game of Thrones. It's a tale of intrigue and action with truly memorable characters.
A great read and an amazing start to a series.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:06 pm
I'm rereading The Lord of the Rings for the fourth or fifth time. It's such a great book. I love how detailed everything it. 3nodding

Of course, I only read it on my lunch break at work, so I'll probably still be reading it in December. xd  

Nesting Comments

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

ElectraShocked

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:35 pm
I'm reaing one called Kafka on the Shore by: Haruki Murakami. The back reads:
"Kafka on the Shore is powered by two remarkable characters: a teenage boy, Kafka Tamura, who runs away from home--either to escape a gruesome oedipal prophecy or to search for his long-missing mother and sister--and an aging simpleton called Nakata, who never recovered from a wartime affliction and now is drawn toward Kafka for reasons that he connot fathom.
As their paths converge Haruki Murakami (author) enfolds readers in a world where cats can talk, fish fall from the sky, and spirits slip out of their bodies to make love or commit murder."

I'm half way through it and it's amazing!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:26 pm
I'm reading Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs and The Stars Like Dust by Isaac Asimov.  

buwieshingo

Durem Shapeshifter

glorybaby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:46 pm
I'm on a reading binge this month. I've read Black Box by Julie Schumacher, Forged In the Fire by Ann Turnball, and reread The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner. Black Box is about a girl who's sister has depression and she thinks she needs to watch out for her sick sister. It's interesting to read to see a girl that thinks she is responsible to watch and take care of her depressed sister. Force in the Fire is about a Quaker couple in England when a plague breaks out. It's about their relationship being apart, being married and going through neat things like plagues and fire. The Thief is neat. It's more complicated than the last two books, but a thief is "recruited" by a king's adviser to go on a journey to steal a hidden artifact of another country. The reason? The artifact is supposed to make it's owner be king of the other country and the king wants to marry the queen. Be king of both countries and force the old queen to marry him. But there's more! Much more. Go read it.

Now I'm reading an X-Men comic and a non-fiction book about serial killers by Peter Vronsky that's very interesting. Vronsky actually has met two serial killers on accident and by coincidence. He bumped into one in New York that was getting off an elevator as the killer was leaving a hotel after murdering two women and setting their bodies on fire in the hotel room...and cutting off their heads, which may have been in the bag the killer was carrying at the time. The other killer was a nutty guy in Russia that murdered 53 people. He was known as Red Ripper or Citizen X. Very interesting book biggrin

A book that my husband is reading (and that I'll read as soon as I finish up my books) is called the Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie. Hugh Laurie is the actor that plays Dr. House on House the TV show biggrin I luvs him and his crotchediness. My husband said it's really good so far. I'm not sure all of what it's about, but it starts off with a man trying to stop another man from breaking his arm. Why is he trying to break another man's arm? Because the other man is stopping him from murdering a third guy. Duh.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Just read The Sorceress by Michael Sater...I loved it, but now I have to wait for the Necromancer to come out to see what happens to the 2 characters stuck a 1.8 million years in the past! (I won't say which characters in case you haven't read it yet!) The Sorceress is the third book in the series titled The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, and I love the series, it's a perfect mix of mythology, action, and suspense, with several storylines going at once. I love the series and highly recommend it to any fantasy/Sci-Fi lovers out there!  

megsha22

3,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

fikeyfikey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 am
I'm reading Generation Dead by Daniel Waters.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:49 pm
Sunshine by Robin Mckinley
Dark Lover by JR Ward  

fikeyfikey

XxMetal_UniversexX

Lonely Genius

11,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:09 pm
Wizard's First Rule - Terry Goodkind