Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply Roleplay (dice)
[Pathfinder] The Yearling Poison Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Alan Kinoki

Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:39 pm
I shall dumb down Drunk's words from now on.

Sorry. I sometimes get carried away and forget he's a simpleton.

I wish Drunk could understand you, Cow. You make Drunks heart sad. Under different circumstances, he might think your signing to be some sort of game and start dancing with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:14 pm
I just don't understand how Drunk goes from threatening Solintus with death for merely insulting him (Which is no way good, nor neutral..If you wanna do that you might've been better off choosing chaotic neutral), then when Solintus responds defensively Drunk goes into this sudden super-pompous, even more pompous than Solintus could ever be, mode and acting like he did nothing wrong..Threaten someone with death and you should expect them to react accordingly. Solintus prefers peace, so he just went on the defensive in case he was attacked.
Drunk also goes from talking kinda like a caveman to perfectly eloquent.  

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

Lord Alan Kinoki

Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:32 pm
I've already addressed the speech issue.

As for the way he's acting, yeah sure. He can get pissed off and attack because you threatened him. But Drunk doesn't think about himself. Rarely ever will he do something out of selfishness. You threaten him, he thinks about what happens if he goes apeshit on you.

He kills you. He possibly kills your woman, who he kinda likes because she's not an a** to him. He gets busted by city guards. He's probably raging at that point, so he might even hurt a city guard. (Probably not. More like the city guard making him a b***h. But I can dream!) The possibility of a local getting involved is not very good, but it's still a possibility. We also have two other people there, and a Horse Monger. Who, until she's posted as being gone, is technically still there. He's not going to risk hurting people because your character is a douche to him. If it were just him and the Crusader, it'd be on like donkey kong. But it's not.

One of the reason he's so calm is because he knows he can hurt innocent people. He has hurt innocent people. I was supposed to go and add that in his Bio but forgot all about it, honestly. I'll do that when I get back tonight.

But look at it like this. Weren't you ever a kid and you said to the other kids you weren't going to fight because you're the bigger man. Said with a smug look and rubbed it in their faces? It's kinda like that.

And if you never did that, you missed out. It was a sure fire way to piss off a kid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:04 pm
Lord Alan Kinoki

Solintus acting like a douche to Drunk?...Drunk instigated the whole thing by lashing out because Solintus didn't want the stupid hat. That sounds pretty childish. Prior to that encounter, there was no animosity between the two, yet Drunk goes and acts like a jerk.
We need to come to some sort of understanding or even a shaky truce for the adventure or the group is gonna split..Which I would really rather not do.

When I was a kid if anyone wanted to start s**t they got put in their place with a beating. I hate that passive-aggressive behavior and I'm not missing out on anything. Besides, out here, you pull that stuff and you get rocks thrown at you and suddenly everyone is calling you a b***h and everything else. I've seen it happen time and time again.  

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

Lord Alan Kinoki

Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 pm
Your character hasn't done anything to try and earn anyone's respect and yet he 'thinks' he can demand it from people. Until he talks to Drunk instead of trying to talk at him, he's not going to get anything from him. And in his eyes, until he started calling him names, it was a friendly little competition of who looked the best. Important people wear hats. Important people also ride on horses. But hats can't knock you on your a**. You also have to remember, he's not a mind reader and he wasn't around when your character was told the horse was still wild. He had no idea that the reaction would have been that bad. Under normal circumstances, the horse would have spooked a bit, maybe tried to strut forward a little. Nothing like what it actually did.

I had drunk ready to catch him had the horse simply bucked him off. He's not mean. But you have to take into consideration that what happened to your character was funny. Maybe not to you, but that's one of those things that's in the eye of the beholder.

And yeah. When the biggest, baddest kid around was also the biggest, baddest nerd, it didn't matter what he said. No one was messing with him. Standing at a mega 5'4" tall, I was that biggest, baddest nerd. I think I may still hold the world record for a 420 bench back in Highschool. It's been a few years since I checked. I was florida's MVP running back my senior year with the most yards ran, ever. I didn't like wrestling, so I read books and didn't do much there.

None of that really matters. I'm not here to swing wang and measure up. I'm here to tell you that this isn't a one sided thing. I know where your character is coming from. I really do. But it seems you are only thinking for your character and not for everyone else.

This isn't a hold my hand and say please thing. But if you want s**t to go smoother for everyone, try earning a little respect instead of demanding it.

That's all I'm going to say. I'm at my GF's house and she's pissed off that I took away from our sexy time to be here. Say what you will, try to justify what you will. I'm not bothering with this anymore. You want to move on and adventure, then find a way to do it that's a bit more civilized.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:46 pm
Lord Alan Kinoki

Cow Edit: Lets not stoke OOC Hate, people.  

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

MT the Clown rolled 6 20-sided dice: 9, 9, 14, 7, 4, 16 Total: 59 (6-120)

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:23 pm
crafting my evil

+13  
MT the Clown rolled 7 20-sided dice: 16, 11, 13, 3, 9, 2, 16 Total: 70 (7-140)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:27 pm
item of evil number 2  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
MT the Clown rolled 6 20-sided dice: 17, 10, 13, 17, 9, 19 Total: 85 (6-120)

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:36 pm
more evil being made in bulk

Sorry Jac, but this is too damn long.... I owe you 40 something rolls that I'll do in msn or something.....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:17 am
My father was in an accident last night. I've got a few things to do to make sure my mother is taken care of. I'm sorry to leave like this. But it probably couldn't have happened at a better time as far as the RP is concerned. Have fun guys. Be safe.

Lord Alan Kinoki

Genius

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:58 am
I am so sorry Alan. You're welcome to rejoin the game any time you like.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:20 pm
Kuyote the Fool

Hey, giving you a chance to respond to the new girl ...  

Fan_Boy

Dapper Explorer

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:37 pm
Fan_Boy

Just been busy these past couple days..Parties, new tat, lots of fun craziness. I'll get to posting right meow, though. Thanks. cat_3nodding

Lord Alan Kinoki

Handle your business, man. It's all good. Take care.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:00 pm
Well folks, are we ready to progress the story? You've lot have managed to waste about an hour after everyone goes back to eat breakfast.  

Jacior

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:56 am
I suppose so. We've got introductions outta the way and s**t, so we just gotta get movin'.  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff