Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
X-Men the next generation (Accepting/Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in Joining
  Yes
  No
  Maybe yes maybe no
View Results

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:15 pm
Nova Blancke
Dean Nixon
a.k.a. Myth

He pointed to a patch of grass where they stood. From there you could easily overlook the entire place.

"First thing you've got to do is just sit here and relax. Listen to the wind, the birds...listen to nature, to it's flowing creeks and moving leafs. Empty your mind. Become one with nature. There are many forms of meditation but I think this is best for people with your ability.

User Image
Felicia Carter
???

Felicia, went to the spot and saw the view. It was breath taking, vast and endless it seemed. "Woah!... This is just breath taking…"

She sat at the spot as her teacher instructed then closed her eyes, took a deep breath, relaxed and listened. She could hear the leaves ruffle, the birds chirping, the trickling of the creeks. She felt at peace.

Her mind was so much at peace she started to doze off to sleep. It became obvious to her teacher.

((EDITED))

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:58 pm
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Yeah sure, but then I'd have to worry about what's behind you. Unless we practice at the beach or something but yeah we could do that."

"Well then...I suppose you could try to do jumps of objects without yourself. And if you can, maybe try partials later. I'll have a talk with Raven bout that theory. You basically fold spacetime to teleport. A wormhole in a sense. So you should be able to keep on open in theory." Force started mumbling a bit towards the in getting lost in thought.

Snapping out of it he turned to Warp. "I'm totally find with not being important. Makes people underestimate and overlook you. Which is somewhat of a tactical advantage. And Hypno said that something big would happen soon. So we at least know something is up. Not that it'll do us any good if we don't know what. But you now you you can get in HQ with the help of our lovely Shadow Walker. Sure it's dangerous but she and Blink could go there. Scan room and stuff. That way Blink would also have seen the room and would be able to freely jump around. Just throwing around idea's here."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:24 pm
Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image
Warp narrowed his eyes at Force giving him a deadly look at his last suggestion and said coldly, "Send just Blink and Shadow Walker into that hornet's nest? Absolutely not. Blink's powers and skills are entirely protection only, besides, her feelings about some of our more aggressive actions, has been clear enough... and Shadow Walker? She doesn't have complete control of her power yet. Besides, if it was that simple don't you think I would have done that already? That place is covered with mutant detectors and crawling with MRD agents and guards. And now with Hypno obviously around as an unknown factor and his apparent knowledge of the Black Reaper who God knows has what powers besides mine... You're answer is absolutely and positively, no. Mention the idea again, and I swear I will kill you as painfully and slowly as possible, you will be begging me to kill you before I get around to it. Now, end of discussion, there."

The glass he had been holding had shattered as a forcefield had formed around it as he snapped at Force. He glanced down at the shards of glass in his hand from the glass he exploded and let out a sigh as he picked out the glass with his other hand. He honestly was surprised that he hadn't caused more damage. "Blink, what about what happens between jumps for you? I mean, most teleporters leave something lingering and something of sorts when they arrive-smoke an odd smell. For example every time you stop by my apartment it reeks of cherry blossoms. Actually, Raven used to complain about it when you lived with her... I actually don't mind it, but that's not the point. Isn't there also those rumors between teleporters about an 'in-between' and what not. Besides, I have the logs to show that every jump you make you are completely untraceable."

Blink raised a brow and watched as Warp picked the glass out of his bleeding hand as he spoke. "So, you're suggesting figuring that out. Why? Like potentially trapping someone there? And is that why Raven tried to get me to stop teleporting in the apartment when we lived together?" She rolled her eyes and stood and said, "And are you masochistic or something? Well-you partially are- but seriously Warp, just fix the damn glass and heal your hand. Just watching that makes my hand hurt."

"Then don't watch," Warp said with a shrug, though the glass reformed in his other hand and he made a fist with his bloody hand before opening it to show it healed again. "And, what's your thoughts on the matter I suggested Force? If there is in fact something in-between jumps like Blink more or less said, if she could figure out how to trap someone or things in that place it wouldn't limit her power to more defensive purposes as it is now... or I suppose, 'I'm too lazy to just walk to the kitchen' like she uses it, too."

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:05 pm
User Image
Maxwell Flamel
Sorceror
[ 16 ][ Alpha / Beta ][ Magic ][ Genoshan ][ Genosha : Warp's Apartment ][ Hail To The King ]

[ > > < < ]

Sorcerer stepped out of a dubious-looking book store in the heart of the city, tucked down an alleyway. In his hand was thick brown book with markings burned into the cover. It was grimoire he had found, a book of spells. Of course, in the hands of something without the natural gift, they would be useless, but Sorcerer was lucky enough to be able to make use of the book. He'd been looking over a particularly nasty spell that caused some massive weather problems when his phone went off in his pocket. He snapped the book shut as he flipped it open.
"Yo, it's Sorcerer." After a few minutes he nodded. "I'll be there in an instant." He flipped the phone closed and grinned wickedly.
He flipped the grimoire back open to one of the early pages that depicted teleportation. He read over it quickly.
He closed the book and held his hands out at arm's length. He muttered under his breath something unintelligible and his eyes glowed an intense violet. He clapped his hands together and was gone.
He reappeared just inside the door to the apartment with a violet aura pulsing around him that dissipated quickly.. He swayed slightly. "Wow, that made me dizzy." he exclaimed to everyone.

[ > > < < ]

[ Inventory ]
:: Basic Wand
:: MP3 Player
:: Black Leather Wallet
:: :: $140 USD
:: Grimoire

[ Used Spells ]
Mid-Range Teleportation

AzureEyes_DarkMagician

ProphecyDestroyer

Distinct Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:12 pm
User Image
Sebastian Arkain
Physik

Sebastian stifled a smirk at the back and forth between Cassie and Dmitri. "Anyway, what say we do the whole shebang. We could get some really nice sandwiches and go to the tree on the hill in the back of the school. Students usually spend time in the quad, so we wont be bothered."

Calamity spoke into the phone. "Yeah, it's Calamity. Come back to the apartment." He listened for a moment and nodded. "Ok." He closed the phone and looked over at the others. "Ok."[b]"He'll be here soon."[b/] No sooner had he finished speaking then Sorcerer's voice came from the door.

Inventory:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:57 am
Cassandra Song Diaz
but you can call me Love or Heartbreaker

User Image

"¿Qué?" She said a bit surprised at Sebastian's answer. "I mean, seriously?" She took a step back and raised a brow. Honestly, she half expected Sebastian not to go for it, especially with Dmitri calling out what she was doing and having the audacity to compare what she was doing with her brother's pick-up lines. Did her and her brother honestly sound the same? It was sort of a disturbing thought. Actually, thinking of her brother dating in general was disturbing-it just was something siblings were aware they did but you just didn't want the details.

Cassie glanced away, tapping a finger on her leg, almost as if she was lost in thought. She was actually trying to figure out where Sebastian stood. She had flat out called Sebastian out on flirting with her that morning and said she didn't care if he was serious about it but told him to stop if he wasn't. And then when she bluntly asked him out more or less to at least one meeting and gave him the choice of locations he picked somewhere specifically where they wouldn't be 'bothered'. Glancing back at him, she pushed some of her hair behind an ear and said, "Technically, I'm still a student, you know-just not one of yours. I mean, I haven't graduated officially yet, because I keep putting off that history class that Emma and Scott aren't letting me just test out of... but sure, the whole shebang, why not? And I suppose by 'really nice sandwiches' you mean something above peanut butter but below tea sandwhiches?"

Wearing: Completing my outfit with cowboy boots(after all I am Texan)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

ProphecyDestroyer

Distinct Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:53 pm
User Image
Sebastian Arkain
Physik

Sebastian shrugged. "It's only lunch. We've got a pretty close age, and you aren't my student. Loopholes." He nodded and began to put his papers away. He smirked. "And yes, something more than peanut butter. I'm talking lettuce, tomato, cheese, meat, all that good stuff. Maybe I should learn what's in those really good sandwiches?"

Inventory:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:53 pm
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

Force sighed not really taken aback by his little death threat. For a guy who was daily beaten and tortured it didn't really hold any value. Besides....it's all talk. He can't kill a homo superior and he knows it.

"Just sayin man, if you want inside info....risks are a part of it. That's all I'm saying." He replied before dropping the subject.

Warp's anger vanished rather quickly it seemed. Or he just hid it.

"Well, that was where I was slowly hinting to. It should be possible, especially with Shadow Walker's ability. Since that's not the fast kind of teleportation and you actually travel through the shadows. But I don't know what happens if you leave a non-teleporter in the...in-between or medium of a teleporter." He suggested before he was interrupted by a violet...poof. And there stood...who he thought was Sorcerer. Interesting...the guy could teleport as well.

"Well this just got more interesting." He said to himself before greeting the guy.

"Sorcerer right? Name's Force. I'll be in charge of training you new kids." He said as he extended his hand to shake it. " I am going to turn that power of yours inside and out to figure out how it works and how to optimize it. This is going to be fun man,"  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

AzureEyes_DarkMagician

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:44 pm
User Image
Maxwell Flamel
Sorceror
[ 16 ][ Alpha / Beta ][ Magic ][ Genoshan ][ Genosha : Warp's Apartment ][ Hail To The King ]

[ > > < < ]

Sorcerer brought his hands up to his head as he swayed slightly. He shook his head quickly and opened his eyes to the man he'd never met. He extended his right hand out, his left still by his head. "Good to meet you." He looked him up and down quickly. He fixated on the man's eyes. He gestured to them with his left hand. "Were they born gold? Or was it offset by your X-Gene? I mean, my eyes turn violet when I'm using my abilities." He shrugged.
He waved his grimoire to the others. "Found some new stuff to try out if ever we run into more trouble." I'd like to see that stupid dragon come back here. he thought silently with quite more colorful words following.
He looked back at Force. "So you'll be helping to teach us? That'd be wicked. From what I've gathered so far, it must be some sort of reality manipulation, and so far it only works when I use quote 'magic spells' made up by someone else. At least, that's what Warp and I figured out the other day."

[ > > < < ]

[ Inventory ]
:: Basic Wand
:: MP3 Player
:: Black Leather Wallet
:: :: $140 USD
:: Grimoire

[ Used Spells ]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:59 pm
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

As Force continued his conversation with Warp and Blink, she tried what Force suggested and started thinking of her shadow as an extension. She looked at her shadow and thought about stretching her arm. She was able to pick up knives with her shadows before while training with Warp, but she wasn't thinking about how she got it to work it just did. As she thought about stretching her shadow like stretching her arm, her shadow deformed and elongated.

The shadow abruptly went back to normal when Warp shattered the glass in his hand. Then going on about how this would be too dangerous for her and Blink to do. She smiled a little Good to know he still cares about me… even though it might be just as a team mate…. She flinched a little and looked down, as Warp was picking out glass shards from his bloodied hand. Then she breathed easy as he healed his hand and put he glass together.

Then Force suggested that she could trap someone in the shadows. Although she could very easily loose someone to the shadows, doesn't mean she should. Even if the Black Reaper had her abilities should she really do that to someone? One thing's for sure she would feel a heavy load of guilt. To do that to a human, even one she was more willing to kill. Could she bring herself to do that? Even though she was willing to kill them earlier for what they've done to her. How is banishing them to the darkness different from killing them? Sure they would be alive for some time but not that long.

Then Sorcerer, literally popped in. She rolled her eyes a little, Is there anything he can't do with spells? It seemed Force was really excited to see him for some reason. Even having Calamity call him seemed a little unusual. You might think he found his son with how anxious he was to see him. She kept those thoughts to herself.

mc2

Nova Blancke

ProphecyDestroyer

MC MagicianOfBlackChaos

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:40 pm
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"Eh...not really. I used to have really bright blue eyes but then my powers kicked in and yeah, this is how it looks like. Black and Gold is kinda my theme song now." Force replied regarding his eyes." Interesting...so your eyes change color as a sign of activation for your powers? And yeah it does sound a lot like Reality Manipulation. I'm pretty sure it is."

He walked back to the couch and sat down.

"I suppose you run low on juice after a few spells?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:07 pm
User Image
My name is Blink
though once upon a time I was called Aimee Perry

{Location: Warp's Apartment}

"It would be risky for the teleporter to do that," Blink said. "I mean even those who have a less creepy seeming in-between to teleport through, anyone who has read any fair tale should know pretty doesn't necessarily mean good. Hell, most teleporters have nightmares of just thinking about the in-between..." She trailed off when Sorcerer appeared and she threw up her hands.

"Seriously? Can everyone teleport now? Now, I really am useless," She said, standing and crossing her arms. "Can I just go back to only teaching now?"

Warp raised his brow at Sorcerer's appearance and said, "Why not, Blink? You can get letters like 'Sensei Blink, I copied this homework from so and so I definitely deserves a detention'. I think it is kind of cute."

Blink rolled her eyes, "Sure, like you haven't got your share of fan girls. Hell, the sudden interest in Latin classes was your fault, you know."

He shrugged and shook his head and said, "Since when does eye color change indicate reality manipulation? I mean that is essentially the essence of my power and my eye color doesn't change... or it didn't after it changed from my eyes changed from their original color, but the same could say about Blink's hair and fangs. Or I hope she didn't have those fangs as a kid."

"More pointed canines you mean?" She muttered rolling her eyes. "Calling them fangs makes me sound like some kind of blood-sucking monster. Anyways, Force, should we give you some alone time to fan-girl over Sorcerer and his powers? I would hate to interfere with that."  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:15 pm
Cassandra Song Diaz
but you can call me Love or Heartbreaker

User Image

"Maybe you should learn how to better describe it first?" Cassie said raising a brow. "That description could be like a dozen different kind of sandwiches. If you think about all the different bread options, the kinds of lettuce, the types of tomatoes, the variety of cheeses, and all the lunch meat options... pretty broad options there."

She shrugged, "I guess we'll figure something out in the kitchen. Or probably just me. Anyways, you remember what I said this morning, right? Is there a reason you are interested in loopholes or not? I mean, I could easily have a picnic with say Mr. Nixon and there would be no reason to worry about loopholes one way or another there and he's a teacher, too."

Pausing at the door she asked, "Ready, Sebastian?"

Wearing: Completing my outfit with cowboy boots(after all I am Texan)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:08 pm
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

Catherine tried stop it from bursting out laughing but Blink's last comment conveyed what she was exactly what she was thinking. "I'm sorry Force, but Blink couldn't put it any better. You seem to be more excited to teach him than anyone else here and I take it you just heard about him today." Catherine explained.

mc2

Nova Blancke

ProphecyDestroyer

MC MagicianOfBlackChaos

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:06 am
User Image
My name is Blink
though once upon a time I was called Aimee Perry

{Location: Warp's Apartment}

With a chuckle, Blink teleported beside Shadow Walker, standing on her tip-toes to lean an arm on Shadow Walker. "I mean seriously, Force. You even completely forgot to keep trying to hook up with me. And, I totally have the sexy-teacher look going on. It's almost disappointing. Then again, I don't necessarily need repeat entries in my little black book-or I suppose my iPhone would be a more accurate description of where it is located."

"Hmm... maybe I should get it off that come to think of it. I mean with the number of hackers and people with the ability to communicate directly with any electronic device, it isn't exactly that well protected,
Blink said thoughtfully. "Anyways, Force, I'd really hate to be intruding on this date and love at first sight thing. Don't worry, none of us are judging you, darling."

While Blink chattered on, encouraged by Shadow Walker's agreement with her first statement, Warp began to laugh. And managed, "Why do you keep records on that anyways, Blink?"

"Hey, I have to remember where people rank and if they are definite one time things or not. I also have a black list which I have listed on a public blog, by the way," Blink answered. "It is actually smart. And, did you know that list has an average of a hundred hits per hour. Obviously there are peak times, but still. It's like the bible to girls on Genosha on who to avoid hooking up with. Hell, get on that black list and your chances of getting a date goes down by at least fifty percent. I'm a certifiable hero."

"Or a very disturbed individual," Warp sighed, "who is completely okay with ruining people's dating lives."

"Please, I color code it, not everyone on the black list are truly on the black list. It is color coded by what issues a girl should worry about with any particular guy," Blink said, "I'm not a complete monster. For example Force is on it under the green category. You fall under the green and purple categories if you were curious, by the way Warp. Let's see Viper is red... Should I continue?"

"If I didn't know you as well as I did, I would actually bother hoping you were joking," Warp said. "And, leave Shadow Walker alone, you're going to get your bad habits on her."  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games