Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
X-Men the next generation (Accepting/Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in Joining
  Yes
  No
  Maybe yes maybe no
View Results

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:54 am
Dean Nixon
a.k.a. Myth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Myth just downed the rest of his coffee." They also focus on the wrong things. I mean who cares what the hell celebrities do?" He sat and closed the newspaper.

"You are? Good, follow me. I know a better location for this.Has Kerana bothered you since you suppressed her?" Myth asked as he left the kitchen expecting Felicia to follow him.

"It was impressive of you to take control back. That's a major step in mastering your power. Good job." He said complimenting her.

It didn't take them long to get to the Danger Room. This was most likely her first time. He called out the command to the computer. Start up View Scene. Dean Nixon.

The environment changed quickly to start up his program. This was one he created to enjoy the view from a large rock that stuck out of the top of the highest hill. He would gaze upon a beautiful scenario.The sun was beginning to sink behind the mountain that was fully whole again. Beautiful lush trees, creeks flowing, nothing short of the perfect gazing site. Beautiful forests covered the lands in the distance. Birds in the sky. If Felicia is to meditate she'd need to be in a place she'd be comfortable in. Something to ease Kerana as well.

"So what'd ya think?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:32 pm
mc2
User Image
My name is Blink
though once upon a time I was called Aimee Perry

{Location: Warp's Apartment}

"Only my ability to teach teleporters you trust?" Blink challenged, "I'll have you know that my father is one of the leading experts on Shakespeare and has taught several years at Cornell University, thank-you very much. I grew up hearing classic literature as bedtime stories and-"

"Why don't you just give up your old identity while your at it, Miss Perry," Warp muttered. "And, while you are at it, should I mention you've been lying about your age, too? Right, Aimee-chan? God, what woman besides you says she is older than she really is, anyways?"

Blink narrowed her eyes at him and said, "Seriously, Warp? And add another 'chan' to any name I have ever gone by, you can find yourself sleeping on a dirt floor in some random house in the Savannah," She let out a sigh and added to Force, "Like I said, it is like having a stalker boyfriend without the perks... You were saying sandwiches? And, I can make things with cheese I just can't eat it... besides there is lactose free cheese and milk and..." She trailed off as she teleported into the kitchen and began to pull lunch meat and various sandwich items from the fridge.

"Did she forget I dated Raven for a few months?" Warp muttered wincing as he heard a drawer open in the kitchen. "God, they were on the same boat together to get here and lived together for like two years... why wouldn't I know basic facts about her old life? Besides, it isn't like it was that hard to figure out... how many half Japanese girls are there who can quote Shakespeare in their sleep. Hell, she only talks in couplets of iambic pentameter if you get her drunk enough..."

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:58 pm
Cassandra Song Diaz
but you can call me Love or Heartbreaker

User Image

At the end of the next two classes, after first watching students, some who she was confident shouldn't be near a microwave to cook let alone be playing with fire, and then a physics class, she was far more happier (and quite frankly felt safer in) Cassie came down to Sebastian's desk when the other students left. Leaning on his desk and tapping her foot she asked Sebastian with a large smile, "So... what's next on your agenda Mr. Arkain? You haven't had lunch yet, right? We could have a picnic! It would be fun. Staying inside your lab all the time can't be good for you. You need Vitamin D from the sun sometimes. I checked the weather on my phone between classes and its supposed to be nice out for the rest of the day."

Dmitri meanwhile rolled his eyes at Cassie's obvious flirtation-she wasn't even being subtle. He didn't even have to watch the front of the room to know what she was doing. Really? She could have pretty much any guy she wanted in the school-and some of the girls-he heard enough of his classmates mention her. And she was going for one of the teachers? Okay, so Sebastian Arkain really wasn't out of their age range really, but still. He half wondered why Cassie just didn't use her power-or was it too easy? Then it dawned on him, unless her powers didn't work on Sebastian, which might explain her interest and why she didn't just use her power.

And, Dmitri wondered, why was it that her lines sounded disturbingly a bit like her brother trying to pick up a girl. What was it with that family trying to bribe their targets with food? As annoying as those two's little dance of sorts was to watch for Dmitri, he was half curious what Sebastian Arkain would say. Cassie had obviously pressed the matter and for some reason she all of a sudden seemed to want an answer. If there had actually been something going on between those two, Dmitri was confident he would have heard. Though, with Cassie on the prowl something just might... or not. He glanced at the front, lingering as he put back a few stray textbooks.

Wearing: Completing my outfit with cowboy boots(after all I am Texan)

ProphecyDestroyer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:27 pm
User Image
Felicia Carter
???

Felicia nodded enthusiastically confirming she really was ready. "So far, no problem." She followed Mr. Nixon out of the kitchen. She smiled a little more as her teacher complimented her, "Thanks! I'm just glad we could find some common ground."

As they entered the Danger Room, Felicia's eyes widened looking around. It was her first time here and the room was massive. "Wow" Then Mr. Nixon commanded the computer and the room they were standing in vanished as they were surrounded by the great outdoors. She turned around and it looked like they weren't even at the school. Everything felt like the outdoors, the scent, the soil under their feet, the plants look and felt real.

Mr. Nixon asked her his question, "Wow, it's amazing..." she took a look toward him and said, "gorgeous... I mean the view is.. I mean the environment..." Man... this would be a perfect place to go on a picnic... Focus Felicia! "Er... are we still in the same room? It looks, feels, and sound like the outdoors... and even smells like it."

((OOC: Post corrected. Looks like the Danger Room does mimic smells. Thanks Nova! ))

Nova Blancke

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:53 pm
PixelMuse
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

"...There's another part to my power which you may be able to help out with... shadow manipulation. I can do some things with it like this for example." She cupped her hands together creating a shadow and out sprouted a shadow flower. "It takes more energy to use this than it does to teleport. Though something small, like this doesn't bother me at all." She let the flower disperse. "Are you good with martial arts? Amp taught me a few moves but I'd like to continue building on that, especially since Amp pointed out I have enhanced reflexes and athletic ability."

Nova Blancke
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"Hmmm? Yeah I kinda noticed that from back in the jet. But I'll see what I can do for you. As for the martial arts, I sparred with Amp a few times. Kinda copied what he knew. Just the bits he showed me. Improved on my own. Which is easy for me to do. I absorb information rather quickly."

User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

She tilted her head a little, "That's interesting. I bet it came in handy when it comes to school." she couldn't help but feel glad that Force seemed to be excited about teaching as she was excited about learning about her abilities. For some reason, she was most excited about the martial arts. It made her feel more safe that she learned how to defend herself and if feeling secure is important then she thought she should make an effort to do a little toward that daily. Yet the question in there lies, Where do I begin? she thought as her mind wonder and lead to that conclusion.

mc2

Nova Blancke

ProphecyDestroyer

MC MagicianOfBlackChaos

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:30 pm
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

Force chuckled at their banter.

"Yeah but I was trying to be considerate ya know." He replied to Blink before she...blinked off.

"Come on man, ya can't just say stuff like that. Just because she says stuff bout her past life and you know things doesn't mean you get to blurt it out. Learn some tact. But anyway, she does talk like that when drunk. It's kinda funny to hear. Though I am afraid the...arts are lost on me. Never really drew my attention." He took another bit of his drink.

"And the whole fast studying does get kind of...boring. My powers manifested rather late.Plus after they did...." he pointed at his eyes with two fingers" It was kind of hard to hide so college wasn't really an option anymore. I studied on the road. Not the best environment but I managed. It's like this, I read a chapter of physics and store the equations, theories etc. That's just in there. But then I have to actually apply it. Like most I usually mess up first time. I then correct myself and never ever make that mistake again. That is basically how it works. That reminds me...I should talk to Raven bout that Trans Dimensional theory. Sounds interesting." He explained to Shadow Walker.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:49 pm
Dean Nixon
a.k.a. Myth

"Yes it's still the same room but you can largely thank Hank for upgrading it to what you see." He let out a sigh. Another friend that has fallen in battle. "Rest in peace man."

"Anyway, this place is what we use to train. You can do anything in here. It's perfect for me since my powers are very destructive. Out of everybody here, I am the strongest when it comes down to raw power. So for the destructive types like me...this place is perfect." Myth told Felicia about the room.

"I could create something for you to chase in either your fox form or as Kerana if she is willing to cooperate. I already made one that is meant to enhance your reflexes. But it can be....gruesome if you aren't ready for it."

He pointed to a patch of grass where they stood. From there you could easily overlook the entire place.

"First thing you've got to do is just sit here and relax. Listen to the wind, the birds...listen to nature, to it's flowing creeks and moving leafs. Empty your mind. Become one with nature. There are many forms of meditation but I think this is best for people with your ability.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:27 pm
User Image
My name is Blink

Warp shrugged when Force chastised him, before Blink reappeared beside Force holding a plate of several sandwiches, which she sat down on the coffee table. "You know, Force, your complete lack of appreciation for the arts is exactly why someone in this room has slept with me more than you have," She answered with a smile, her pointed canines glittering. "Besides, I know just as much information on Warp here as he does on me-if not more. Right, human pincushion?"

Warp narrowed his eyes at her, "Very funny. I gave up circus acts a long time ago." He let out a sigh as he reached for a sandwich and said, "Hmm... it is actually edible. Anyways... I think getting your powers late or early tends to be unlucky in the grand scheme of things, especially if you go through any physical change in looks. Then again, Blink you got your power around what?"

"Thirteen or fourteen," Blink answered with a shrug. "I still went to school like usual till Genosha opened its doors. A lot of people questioned my original hair color so pink wasn't that much worse. Besides I just played it off as me going through a rebellious, slutty stage. It worked more or less. Besides it was only registration days, I think back then. Not that I actually ever registered, but still..."

Shrugging she glanced at Force and then the others, "Grab a sandwich. I didn't make them all for me, after all."

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:57 pm
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

Catherine frowned a little as he pointed out his eyes, were one of the reasons why he couldn't proceed with college. In some ways, she was glad her parents made her go to school despite her gifts, even though it meant hiding them. Yet she wondered Wouldn't it be easier to simply do home schooling? Would it have come to that if my skin was red or my eyes were like his? Or would they have delt with me sooner…

She made a fist upon that last thought her parents simply infuriated her. How they pretty much 'dispose' of their child at the earliest convenience. For what!? Just so they could use her as a martyr, it really is simply despicable. Regardless, it's for those reasons she would never side with the humans. No one treated her like a person, mostly a thing. Despite the current conflicts of things she never was treated like a person until she came to Genosha. The last train of thought calmed her.

mc2

Nova Blancke

ProphecyDestroyer

MC MagicianOfBlackChaos

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:18 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

Force laughed." Well I guess I should study up then. Any recommendations? I am a quick study." He grabbed one of the sandwiches and took a bite. Then he just enjoyed it with a relieved sigh." You have no idea...how much of an improvement this is. Thanks I needed that. You're my pink-haired angel Blink." Force said after he had finished his sandwich rather quick. For a moment his eyes glowed.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:35 am
User Image
My name is Blink

"Oh, darling," Blink said to Force with a smile as she teleported onto the couch, "You were doing so good and then you blew it. As sweet as it is you think I am an angel, I really do hate to corrupt the innocent. If you think I'm an angel then you obviously fall under that innocent category."

She smiled and leaned forward, taking a sandwich that hadn't been made with cheese. Glancing at Force she said, "Seriously, though, read some Dickens and some of Pope's work, and of course at the very least catch up with at least three Shakespeare plays. Oh, and don't forget the American classic literature and let's see, I suppose, you should study some of the visual arts as well... the impressionism movement, modernism, post modernism, those are some good basics."

"Hmm... I suppose I did grow up around Sakura Aizwa's art gallery too and it was her art that bought my ticket here more or less," She said, taking a bite of her sandwich before looking at Force, "Seriously, though, shouldn't you be more focused on teaching the new kids? And, Aizwa's stuff... Hell, just torch the place to the ground."

"May be a bit dangerous considering that gallery is in New York City... one place burns another could fairly easily," Warp said, taking a drink. "Anyways, Force, she does have a point about priorities at the moment."  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:27 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"That was just expressing gratitude. Maybe bit too much. Though you are a bit of an angel. Then again they served crap at the MRD. It's good to have some actual food." Force said as he took his second sandwich. His drink was pretty much already empty.

"Well yeah, that is my main priority but it's not like I'll be doing that 24/7. Seeing their results and making a training program based of that isn't that hard to do. For me it isn't anyway. Besides I think I'll also spent a good amount of fine-tuning my own ability. Haven't used that in a while. Well not for the scale I'm used to. I dunno if I can slice through a few tanks with the same precision. Just an example. I can always go all out against Cassandra, I swear that chick doesn't move an inch no matter what you throw at her." Force said while eating his sandwich. Not with his mouth full ofcourse. He had manners.

"Anyway, Cal, could you give Sorcerer a call? Thanks. As for you Shadow, I think I know a few things you could try to increase your control for offense and defense. You can start by imagining your shadows as an extension of yourself. When you give it a try later, imagine extending your shadow to a certain point like the thrust of an arm. Once you got that under control, the next step would be multiple tendrils." Force continued." And Cal, your best teacher would be Magneto but I doubt he'll step down to help you out. Anyway, like I said unscrewing screws and keep on increasing the amount. The better your precision at the smaller things the better it is at the larger. Sure you can pull things apart at molecular level already but that's a different aspect of your power I believe. And Bl-" He said before cutting himself off." Sorry, mind kept racing around. Was going to suggest partial jumps but I'm guessing you already know everything bout your power huh?"  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:57 pm
Nova Blancke
AzureEyes_DarkMagician
ProphecyDestroyer

Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image

"Actually, Force, I wouldn't mind having a few goes with you," Warp said, draining his glass of strawberry wine. "It may be true that she doesn't move no matter what you throw at her, but if memory serves me correctly about your power, all your hits slide through me. Besides, I can't give Blink all the pleasure of shooting me all the time to practice defense... or dodge whatever the latest girl decides to throw at me when she gets angry at me."

"I don't know if it actually counts as shooting you if you just let the bullet phase through you without causing injury," Blink said rolling her eyes. "Though, I suppose it is fun to get a few head shots in with a living target without having to worry about injuring the target. And, despite your belief Force, I actually don't know everything about my power. For example there is that physics theory Raven has and there are a lot of questions about the nature of teleporter's powers in general. And, I haven't exactly figured out my true limits or mastered subconscious control of my power."

Warp glanced at her a bit surprised at Blink's frankness about her power. She didn't seem the least bit ruffled admitting her own faults as she took small bites of her sandwich. He let out a sigh and glanced back at Force before, he turned and turned on the stereo to the radio quietly which was reporting on various news items. Glancing over his shoulder, Warp said, "Honestly, I think the best idea at this point is to figure out a way to get more information on the MRD's next move. Jason Ritcher is annoyingly paranoid and unless one of our hackers actually was at the HQ itself, I doubt we'll find anything new. I suppose, the team did stumble across your incarceration and location, which Raven thought was important enough to let me know about right away, but I have my suspicions that they didn't particularly find you important enough to hide. Sorry about that, by the way," Warp added with a small shrug in his reference to his statement about the MRD not finding Force that useful to keep captive.

"I suppose it worked out for your benefit, though."

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:00 pm
User Image
Sebastian Arkain
Physik

Sebastian had enjoyed the day. No major accidents had occurred. One or two first degree burns on a few hands, but nothing big. A good day, all and all. As he was sitting at his desk, working on a small amount of paperwork, Cassie had come up to his desk. Without looking away from his paperwork he listened to what she said. He paused a moment. He looked up at her. "You know what? That sounds great." He placed his papers in a pile and stood up. "You got an idea of a place to go?" He glanced over the classroom. Most of the students had gone, but a few stragglers were left. Dmitri was still there as well. He looked back at Cassie. "Or do you want me to choose the locale?"

Calamity nodded. "Sure, Force." He stood up and pulled out his phone. He put it up to his ear as he pressed the number for Sorcerer.

"Is everything ready?" asked Jason Richter to the crew. The MRD had set up a video to release to the public, and now as they were in the main meeting room of the base, they were almost ready to release it. A copy would also be released on to the internet, and Jason was certain that the Brotherhood would find it quickly. Jason was inviting the major mutant faction of the world to an event at his personal manor in Virginia. In a few minutes, it would be broadcast across America. "Yes, sir. Ready." said one of the workers.

Inventory:

ProphecyDestroyer

Distinct Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:10 pm
Cassandra Song Diaz
but you can call me Love or Heartbreaker

User Image
Cassie's green eyes narrowed slightly in annoyance when Sebastian didn't look up from his paperwork when she approached his desk and asked her question. Really, what was the point in making sure she put herself in the best position if he was just going to not even look up as she spoke? One, it was rude, and two it was irritating. Yet, her irritation faded quickly when he looked up and took up her offer. A bright smile formed on her face and she said, still leaning on the desk, "Brilliant!"

Cocking her head to the side she said a bit jokingly, "How about location, your choice? Unless, you seriously have been holed up in that lab of yours so long that you've forgotten what the grounds look like?"

Dmitri rolled his eyes as he slammed a book down on the stack a little harder than necessarily. Cassie glanced back at him and raised a brow in challenge as if he asked what was his problem. As he grabbed his stuff and headed out the door he paused for a moment and asked, "Out of curiosity did your brother learn his flirting from you or did you learn your lines from him?"

Cassie turned her glare away from him and said casually, "Who gave you a black eye?"

"Don't ask questions you aren't going to bother listening to the answer to," Dmitri said with a snort before walking out of the room.

She glanced back to where he was and sighed with relief as he left and muttered under her breath, "¿Qué pasó con el respeto a tus mayores?" She then brightened and said placing her hands behind her back and asked, switching her full attention to Sebastian now that the last of Sebastian's students had left. With an innocent smile she said, "Anyways, so, Sebastian... where were you thinking? Any special requests for the picnic? I hope it is okay if I get you to help me in the prep. It'll be quicker with two people!"

Wearing: Completing my outfit with cowboy boots(after all I am Texan)

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games