Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The High Elves Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Razorith Vulsroy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:13 pm
So, has anyone seen the new High Elf miniature line? I swear, they're some of the most beautifully done mini's I've ever seen. The new dragon is fantastic, and the Lion Chariot of Chrace is incredible. It almost makes me want to adopt the pointy eared little critters.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:31 pm
I have never been a huge fan of Warhammer Dragons in general, at least not the ones I have seen, but yes I agree the new models look fan-TASTIC.  

Andreis

The_Jaybird

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:43 pm
Yeah, elves, what up? Anybody else here order the new codex and plastic dragon kit yet? I did the first day I heard about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:30 pm
I see only one flaw in the new codex... what happened to the ithilmar barding!? scream That was one of my favorite items to equip my leaders with. But, alas, it has gone... evil But, atleast they reduced the costing points of some units, such as the Spearmen, and have thrown in some new items and reduced the points for most of the full command.  

Shikokoro

Lord Thuddleton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:08 am
I just bought my buddies High Elf Army of of him and look forward to putting it together. He still has to dig out all of his archers and spearmen for me but what I have now is pretty awesome. Lots and lots of cavalry!!!! As my usual army is the Dwarves I intend to be fielding as many cavalry and chariots and spell casters to my army that I can. I don't even think I will be playing the archers just because my Dwarf army is designed to be shooty. I work on too many modeling projects at once but I'm still frantically glueing horses together, eager for the day when they can break my opponent on the battlefield. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:49 am
Lord Thuddleton
I just bought my buddies High Elf Army of of him and look forward to putting it together. He still has to dig out all of his archers and spearmen for me but what I have now is pretty awesome. Lots and lots of cavalry!!!! As my usual army is the Dwarves I intend to be fielding as many cavalry and chariots and spell casters to my army that I can. I don't even think I will be playing the archers just because my Dwarf army is designed to be shooty. I work on too many modeling projects at once but I'm still frantically glueing horses together, eager for the day when they can break my opponent on the battlefield. blaugh

Don't forget that Silver Helms are Special choices and that they are weak and insignificant as far as cavalry go - they're better suited to being small flanker units than they are hammers. Dragon Princes on the other hand...are amazing! A must have in any HE army.

If you put in a few Nobles, including a mounted BSB, then Helms could work as a cheaper hammer alternative, but honestly, DPs are so much more destructive and not too many more points for what they are capable of.

I also played dwarfs in the past, but moved back to playing elves (my favourite army to date). I like having better BS and range than those puny Thunderers twisted , but then again, HE do combat pretty well too - please say you have some Swordmasters?  

Epherion

Lord Thuddleton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:33 pm
Just played a great 2400 point game with my High Elves vs my regular Orc and Goblin opponent. He used Grimgor. I had Eltharion the Grim with his griffon Stormwing and a Dragon Mage flying around, plus Korhil on his Lion Chariot. By turn 5 he'd only killed 5 elves and Stormwing so he picked up. My strategy was sound but mainly poor dice roles lost him the game.

Of course earlier in the weak I played 3000 against Daemons and had Tyrion run away from a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh on turn 6 costing me the game. Siiiiigh... Oh Tyrion, why to you shame me so?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:45 pm
So i just won a High Elf army in a GW raffle for a re-grand opening for a store that moved from one location to another. from my understanding its a battalion with a dragon having a mage modeled on it. is there a good starting list to use with these models or am i far from using a dragon? i dont have the army book yet, i won it three days ago and i wasnt expecting to. Anything i should know right off the bat about this army?  

Inenor

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 pm
Inenor
So i just won a High Elf army in a GW raffle for a re-grand opening for a store that moved from one location to another. from my understanding its a battalion with a dragon having a mage modeled on it. is there a good starting list to use with these models or am i far from using a dragon? i dont have the army book yet, i won it three days ago and i wasnt expecting to. Anything i should know right off the bat about this army?

Well you can ALWAYS use a dragon, with a mage on top, giving you a dragonmage, but that will give you 350 on pure characters. For one character. But also a dragon. Which takes two characters slots. Beside that, I hope they got an archer and spearman unit, probably a bolt thrower and some silver helms? By adding another special unit, you probably already have a 1000 points force right there!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:59 pm
so what kind of special choice should i look into? and yes i have the archers, silver helms, spear men, and a bolt thrower (it was kept in good condition so everything is there. (and painted to boot biggrin )  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:03 am
Ditch silverhelms completely and go for dragon princes.

They're just slightly more in points costs, they have more attacks, better stats in general so to say, so alot better! (and don't forget much cooler)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:42 pm
i can take DPs too, its not like i have that many points now anyway.  

Inenor

x-InsigNia-x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:51 am
WIth the new rules now take silver helms their worth their points because they get to re-roll failed to hit if they have a higher initiative than the enemy and always strike first rule (heehee that's so awesome).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:09 am
Same or higher actually.

I'd still go for Dragon Princes of Caledor myself... Mainly because I like Caledor-themed armies.  

Shinobi_8745

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:40 pm
DP get 2 attacks , this is massive advantage  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items