Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Astrology Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:29 pm
Closed! I'm gonna let you guys pick your favorites and then we'll resume lessons! Important! What do you think the winner should get?

Pictures!

Rebo rocks socks

the-jo87

light_yamagi

dark_angel_32189

Moody Magic

Peaches Sebastian

Foxmore

Vote using the poll!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:04 pm
The links are messed up

Quote:
dark_angel_32189

Moody Magic

Those are connected.  

dark_angel_32189

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:28 pm
dark_angel_32189
The links are messed up

Quote:
dark_angel_32189

Moody Magic

Those are connected.

Why thank you! I was trying to hurry cause I was doing like three things at once. lol I didn't even notice.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:53 pm
User Image

i know this is late and dw im not expecting this to be entered, ive been on holiday, and couldnt get the picture till after christmas due to it being a christmas present. Its still worth showing though and i choose it because when i walked into the shop and saw it, i thought thats the night sky sitting right there on that horse. I beleive the zodiac is constituted in many things this is just one of the easiest and most beautiful symbols i have found of it, as to me the night sky is the home of the zodiac.  

shivanti

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:20 pm
I understand. It is a very beautiful picture though. That statue is amazing. I hope you had a good vacation. n_n  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:30 pm
Awwws, too bad you didn't post it sooner! I would have voted for that one!! IT'S SO COOL!!!!!! ^_^  

the-jo87

shivanti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:31 am
Thank you smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:30 pm
Lesson Twelve
The contest isn't over yet, but I would like to put a new lesson up. This lesson also comes with many other things.
1. The update list was fianly updated. Meaning I'll be removing non-active students. and maybe taking out the game of the week.
2. I need ideas for what the winner of our mini contest should get. Gold? A prize? help me out here peoples. n_n
I hope that you guys enjoy this class as much as I like putting it together.

The houses

The horoscope is divided by astrologers into twelve portions called the houses. The houses of the horoscope are interpreted as being twelve different spheres of life or activity. There are various ways of calculating the houses in the horoscope or birth chart. However, there is no dispute about their meanings, and the twelve houses are usually interpreted as follows:

1st House: The self, one's appearance, the body, physical characteristic etc. The Ego. The start of anything.

2nd House: Money and Possessions, values and priorities. Growth of anything.

3rd House: Communications, siblings, neighbors and neighborhood matters, local travel and transport, education, everyday matters.

4th House: The home and family, the mother or mother figure, caring for someone or something. Conservation. The beginning and end of life.

5th House: Pleasures and leisure, holidays, games and gambling. Children. Creativity. Love affairs and sex for fun rather than a deep relationship.

6th House: Work, duties and chores. Employers, employees and one's job. Health and well-being.

7th House: Relationships, marriage and business partnerships. Agreements and treaties. Also open enemies and war.

8th House: Birth, death, beginnings and endings. Sexual relationships and deeply committed relationships of all kinds. Joint monies, taxes, legacies, and corporate finances. The occult and psychic matters.

9th House: Foreign travel and foreign countries and cultures. Religion, the law and higher education. All things which seek to expand one's experience. Freedom.

10th House: Aims and ambitions, direction in life. Your status in society, your career. The house of celebrity.

11th House: Detached relationships such as friends and acquaintances. Groups, clubs and societies, especially with a charitable or humane aim.

12th House: Mysticism, the occult, psychic matters. Places of seclusion such as hospitals, prisons and institutions. Retreat and reflection and self-sacrifice.

Many modern astrologers assume that the houses relate to their corresponding signs, i.e. that the first house has a natural affinity with the first sign, Aries, and so on.

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

shivanti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:51 pm
so is capricorn (by modern astrologers views) considered representative of the 12th house? and do the houses only really apply to charts and the such?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:01 pm
shivanti
so is capricorn (by modern astrologers views) considered representative of the 12th house? and do the houses only really apply to charts and the such?
Because there is a lot of debate on how to handle the houses no one really talks about them. At least in my expeariance, but I wated to post them because I felt that it was something that should be learned. What I posted is pretty much almost everything I know about the houses. So if anyone has any extra info about them please feel free to post.  

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

the-jo87

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:58 am
Okay, I think I'm the 7th or 8th house thingie. I figured it out last night now I can't remember! LoL!!! I think Scorpio is the 7th house and that fits me alright I suppose. confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:32 pm
Hrm...I can't think which house I would belong too...Oh, and I have a suggestion on an item for the winner of the event, how about the Western Zodiac item? Since this forum deals with astrology.  

light_yamagi

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Aubre Lark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:09 pm
..I live yet, just putting that out there...

I missed the last lesson because I still haven't found that picture that does it for me yet...

But about this lesson.
It rings so true for me because Aries is my first house and I'm well quick and fiery...energetic and all that. At the same time, Taurus is my second house and my zodiac sign and that fits with the description as well.

Okay...byes ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:26 pm
Lesson Thirteen (brought to you by the-jo87)

The origin of Astrology

The history of astrology can now be traced back to ancient Babylonia, and indeed to the earliest phases of Babylonian history, in the third millennium B.C.

In Babylonia as well as in Assyria as a direct offshoot of Sumerian culture (or in general the "Mesopotamian" culture), astrology takes its place in the official cult as one of the two chief means at the disposal of the priests (who were called bare or "inspectors") for ascertaining the will and intention of the gods, the other being through the inspection of the liver of the sacrificial animal (see omen).

The earliest extant Babylonian astrology text is the Enuma Anu Enlil (literally meaning "When the gods Anu and Enlil..."), dating back to 1600 B.C. This text describes various astronomical omens and their application to national and political affairs. For example, a segment of the text says: "If in Nisannu the sunrise appears sprinkled with blood, battles [follow]." Nisannu is the Babylonian month corresponding to March/April in the Western calendar.

Of what you just learned do you feel that people today put as much thought into their horoscope readings as the Babylonians did? Why? Why not?

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

the-jo87

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:21 am
No I do not think that people put as much thought or meaning behind astrology as the Neo-Babylonians did due to the fact that they believed you could tell the future on how the sun came up, how the stars moved the previous night. . . . and now, we don't think that way. We use the stars to describe ones personality based on what month they were born in. Does that make sense???  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games