Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Brawl Dojo Updates topic! (Now with polls!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... 1177 1178 1179 1180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which control scheme are you using?
Wiimote
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Wiimote + Nunchuk
27%
 27%  [ 39 ]
Classic Controller
10%
 10%  [ 15 ]
GameCube controller
55%
 55%  [ 77 ]
Total Votes : 140

V1SUAL K31

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:51 am
TtheHero
The 'Puff was Japan's second favorite Pokemon, next to the 'Chu. At least, that's what it said in the N64 Smash strategy guide...

She's not all that bad... as Sakurai said, her midairs do pack some power.

...I know that there was a thread someone posted concerning Brawl snapshots, but I fear it has been laid to rest... so I'll show you all my best pic here!

User Image

Whatcha think?
smile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:26 pm
Stefanopoulos
How did this get all the way down here?

Why am I the only one that said "Wiimote"?
I like it.

Although, I am still not sure what 'A' does...

Imo, i like the feel of the GCN controller better mostly b/c i'm used to playing melee. Not to mention the shield button is easier to reach on the GCN controller.  

Nameles Hero2222

Akuyoko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:32 pm
xXxBusterxXx
None of the hats are any good, really.
That hat/mask thing you are wearing looks kinda like a Happy Happyist's mask from Earthbound.
At least that's what I thought of when I saw it.

EDIT: WERE wearing, before you changed it D<  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:09 pm
hey, i need help with the final boss in adventure mode. any tips?  

Chaotic-chaos_Turtle

Kaptain-J

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:04 pm
Watch out! This is a mouthful!

For Red Wings of Doom (Tabuu appears in the background with angel wings, he closes them around himself), sidestep dodge. Thankfully you have plenty of time to prepare when you see this move coming. Stand on the ground and wait, once he spread his wings, sidestep dodge, then wait a half second, and sidestep dodge again, another half second, and finally, another sidestep dodge. It will take a bit of practice but it's actually really easy once you get the timing down.

For Golden Chain Whip (tabuu will warp to either side of the stage and pull out something yellow), double jump or air dodge, or both. The trick is reacting fast enough when you see it but otherwise it's not hard.

For Exploding Warps (sometimes when Tabuu is warping around the room, he'll leave small explosions in his wake)...well, he usually hits you with this if you're attacking him. Once you notice it happening though, stop attacking until he stops warping. He seems to warp 3 or 4 times.

For Sonic Slashes (sometimes after a series of warps, Tabuu will warp to where you are and start a series of quick and powerful purple slashes), stay away from him when he's warping around. If you do get caught in the attack though, you can easily DI out of it by holding the control stick up and towards him.

For Neon Blade (Tabuu warps to a location in the air on either side of the stage and starts waving his arms around), jump. You can even counter with a dair if you want to, only the front end of him is hazardous.

For Enormous Eye Lasers (Tabuu will suddenly expand himself), only the point where the lasers touch the ground hurts you. Stay in the air and pelt his big a** head with aerials.

For Dragon Beam (Tabuu will appear on one of the sides and fly up, arms extended. A large dragon head will appear under him), double jump. The laser lasts about a second or so. If neccessary use your up+B to compensate for timing.

For Golden Bracket Trap (Tabuu will turn into a pair of golden brackets or something), air dodge.

For Exploding Clones (Tabuu stops warping anywhere he pleases and moves his arms to his sides), get as far away from Tabuu as possible when you see this happen and air dodge any clones that fly your way. This is a pretty annoying move.

For Diamond Saw (Tabuu warps to one of the sides at ground level and raises an arm in the air to manifest a giant saw), Tabuu has too many ground-based moves like this. Just jump/fly/double jump, whatever tickles your fancy. It's so fast in intense you might want to try avoiding both passes of the saw in one jump, use your up+B if you have to.

For Electric Shield (Tabuu warps to your location and glows purple), it comes out fast so you have to react quickly, simply run away from Tabuu and see if you have time to get a couple of ranged attacks in if you got any.

For Spear Head (Tabuu warps to one of the sides at level with you and turns into a giant spear head aimed towards the opposite side), air dodge. Easy timing.

For Pinpoint Explosions (Tabuu warps to one of the sides at ground level and waves his hand in the air. Tiny flashes of light appear at random spots across the stage), air dodge or simply pay attention to where the explosions are going to occur and plan a safe spot after that.

For Needle Rain (Tabuu warps in a seemingly random position unrelated to you and throws his hand high into the air), stand underneath him if you can and roll in the opposite direction of his attack. If you get caught in the barrage, no big deal, just DI out of it.

Red ring of doom is the only real threat, and it's easily avoided. Tabuu isn't that hard once you realize that he just puts more emphasis on dodging his abilities. You can easily 0% him if you just practice. Air dodge is your best friend.

Since his attacks are very flashy and most of them occur off-stage, only attack him when his arms are crossed and he's warping around. The only exception to this is his eye laser attack. Run to the edge where he is and lay into him with powerful aerials, time your jumps so you dodge the lasers on the ground.

*I give credit to Gamefaqs.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:38 am
Wow. I 9 days, this thread has topped 1000 PAGES. I dont have a Wii yet, so I definitely haven't got this game but GOOD LORD people! This game must be 100 times more awesome than even I expected it to be.  

south_star89

PhysicWater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:44 am
Speaking of Tabuu, last night I almost beat Intense mode Boss Battles and died at Tabuu with that lethal wing attack.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:29 pm
I beat it on Intense... after 39 tries. (I guess) And Ice Climbers are good to use. Their up A on the ground is a steady drainage of health. And with Nana at your side you attack power is doubled. DO NOT LET HER DIE!  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Chaotic-chaos_Turtle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:39 pm
well, wow, that was a lot! but basically, the idea is to air dodge, right? so I think I got it! thank you so much!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:49 pm
you're welcome.  

Kaptain-J

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:45 am
Wolf's model just looks.. unfinished or something. It's like, they put it together really quickly. And hey, let's give him some really gay eyeliner. I guess I'll just never really like Wolf because he's another clone or edit of a character we already have a clone/edit of. That and "We're gonna have fun with this thing!"
God.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:46 am
Meta_Fish
Wolf's model just looks.. unfinished or something. It's like, they put it together really quickly. And hey, let's give him some really gay eyeliner. I guess I'll just never really like Wolf because he's another clone or edit of a character we already have a clone/edit of. That and "We're gonna have fun with this thing!"
God.

lol, thing.

yeah i really don't even care much for his fighting attributes, i can never really use him any better than fox or falco.  

Xilo The Odd

forget-me-not fields

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:24 pm
i was freaking out when i faced tabuu. im not sure which move it as, but it made me die every single time he used it. i think i just got lucky sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:25 pm
I barley beat Tubuu in SSE but I also beat him on Boss Battles with Fox. His special up attack does some damage if used when nessesary. Oh and I was using Mario during a fight with Tubuu and he was using Red Wings of Doom. I jumped up out of the screen as soon as he was about to release I used my standard Fire Ball and he just teleported when I hit him and nothing happened. And when I tried to just hit him on the ground it wouldn't happen. It was really weird, did it happen to anyone else?  

videogameguy44

Smedium5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:04 pm
Sorry, but you spell necessary wrong. wink

On a side note I just borrowed my friend's Wii for spring break and played Brawl the whole time. It's awesome!!!! domokun ninja pirate  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... 1177 1178 1179 1180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games