Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dust.And.Echoes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:53 pm
Hi I'm Manda I'm pagan and have been for 5 years. I'm just eagar to learn more. I love learning. I love religion. I also like to catch the early stages of fluffy-ness in people and try to help them along, normally they are just misguided.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:28 pm
Hi. I'm James and I've been reading and slowly learning for the past few years (4) but I've still got a loooong way to go. Hope I can learn lots here ^_^.  

Fan_Boy

Dapper Explorer

Verene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:35 pm
Since this seems to be the place to write introductions...

Hello all,

My name (at least online and sometimes in real life) is Verene. I'm a teen and starting university this fall.

My religious background is non-practiciing christian. Or at least this is how I was raised. My mother's family is mostly LDS so I've been exposed to Christianity through them and also through a Lutheran friend of mine but over all have grown up in a fairly non-relgious household. I have a rather spotty knowledge of the Christian relgion as a whole. Most of it coming from lessons in history and english classes.

As a young child in my "make-belive" games I created a Lord and Lady who were my "parents" and who cared for the earth. They never had any names and I alwasy viewed it as a game and a day-dream. (Alright a day-dream game that lasted for about 6 years) As I out grew elementary school I lost this game and always missed it.

In 7th grade I read Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mist's of Avalon - yes I know I am sounding very fluff right now - and found that aspects of the relgion of Avalon fit the game and wish I'd been holding for some many years. The fact that I wasn't the only one who had ever thought this way was warming concept to me and so I began my first researching expeditions.

Off an' on I then did research on early religions from that point. By the end of my freshman year of highschool I had pretty much decided I was not Christian. Not even in the non-praciting sense. Too many things just didn't work in my mind. So I was swinging wide towards atheisim.

Various events starting just before my 15th birthday began to bring back my beliefs in diety and afterlife. So I wasn't atheist anymore but didn't know what I was.

Starting Feburary of my jr year I began to intensive research the Pagan faiths as well as other world relgions in an effort to identify what exactly I was. I felt the need to classify myself as something but no idea what that something was.

Currently I consider myself a Seeker. I do not yet know what I believe and will probably be searching for that exact system for some time yet. And I am content with that knowledge. I have been drawn to the unbrella of Pagan relgions and am working my way through them with research. Most people who know me view me as an eceletic Pagan of sorts but I have found that I prefer not to classify myself too distinctly. If people ask I tell them what I believe and my philosophies on life, death and the universe. If they don't they are free to assume what they will.

Really I just have the desire to learn, to grow, to discover who I am as a person and to come to a greater understanding about the universe around me.

In my current path and wanderings through Paganism I have tried to shy away from fluffy-sources and also from becoming a fluff-bunny. Which is one reason that I am exceedingly glad to have found this site.

I began going through some of the links already and have been given much to think about and consider.

So thank you for allowing me to join this guild and access its numerous resources, and I hope you forgive my slightly-longer-than-intentioned introduction.

~Verene

PS- Feel free to rid me of any fluffiness you find.

Edited: Correcting of typos/spelling errors... if you've found any galring onces that I've messed don't hesitate to scold me. I neeed to learn when I am making mistakes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:28 pm
Har har.

My name is Actumen, Actu if you prefer, I've been a Morality & Religion whore for the better part of a few months...

I'm only 13 years old, I am currently studying Asatru, and I would like to learn about wicca (Seeing as the only 'wiccan' I know is a devout Fluffbunny.).

I am considering focusing my future accademic career on Theology (Mainly on pagan religions and the like).  

Actumen D. Myoole

Neko. Angel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:30 pm
Hello smile

I am a pagan and a Dianic Witch. I am not new to paganism. And I don't think I was ever really fluffy myself lol. Some of my friends call me a fluffy bunny but they mean it in a cute way, as I am always nice and the peace keeper trying to stop everyone from fighting lol. I am all kittens and rainbows smile

I love helping others though and run groups myself to help spread information on paganism and witchcraft smile

heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:47 am
Hello everyone, my name's Weben Banu and I'm a new guild member. I follow a Kemetic Reconstructionist path, which means that I study ancient Egyptian religion in an effort to apply it to modern times- in a form which is as true to the original beliefs and practices as is currently possible. I am, as most recons are, aware that it is impossible to recreate an ancient religion in modern times exactly as it was, but I believe that the effort to do so honors the gods Who developed those systems, and helps us to learn more about Them and connect in a very deep way- as we are essentially learning Their language, culture, and history and are meeting Them halfway, instead of relying on Them to always learn ours.

Kemetics traditionally have "parent" deities which explain which god/dess(es) we are most closely associated with. My two Mothers are Bast and Skhmt (Sekhmet), and Skhmt is also my Patron because I work as a veterinary technician. Djhwty (Thoth) is Patron of my love of languages and writing. I have a really good relationship with Anpw (Anubis) as well. If you'd like to read a detailed explanation of how I got on my spiritual path, I've posted a rather lengthy play-by-play commentary on my journal. You won't get gold for going there, but if you're interested in Kemetic religion I do post essays on theology and practice, and book reviews there.^_^ I've also posted tributes to most of the gods and goddesses I work with, explaining how I met Them, Who They are, and what They mean in my life which are linked to from that journal's front page.

If anyone has any questions regarding Kemetic religion or Egyptian mythology, please feel free to drop me a PM- or just post here in the guild, and I'll respond when I can.^_^  

WebenBanu

Aya Azura

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:16 pm
Hi, my name is Azura (Not really, I just love the color blue), and my fluff meter is 8/10, so that's not good. I would love to learn more about Paganism, because It really catches my attention. I've been studying about the history for like 3 years now, and I'm 14. It's sort of hard for me to learn anything really because I go on different websites, and they each tell me something different, so it's hard for me to know what I'm learning. I love religion a lot, and I'm a Catholic looking to convert. I am hoping that this guild could help me. I would love to learn about Wicca so badly, and it's like killing me. I've started studying on my own, and I have found someone who is helping me online, but I would really like to know all you can teach me, if you will. Thank you so much. I would also like to learn about the astral plane...basically everything here that you can teach me. Thanks again. xd

heart Azura heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:13 am
I'll help if i am needed. I have been pagan for Many years(I think it is six or seven...)  

Lord Sutekh

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:40 am
I posted part of this in the "Is everyone Wiccan?" thread:

I was raised Mormon, and now practice a combination of Hermetic and Chaos magic, though I've never felt the need to leave Mormonism, while at the same time, I don't completely identify with it, either. I still consider myself Christian in the most basic sense of the word, but most of the time I don't even use that label. Too much dirt on it. I enjoy all aspects of the occult, and have been studying for around six years now. I like to treat magic like a science, and I enjoy talking about the nuts and bolts side of magic most of all.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:12 am
I'm part of a predominantly Roman Catholic household, and regardless of what I decide to do with my religion, I will be required to attend mass at the Church my family attends until I am 18 and therefore a legal adult. Now, this causes quite a quandry for me, because the religion I'm most interested in is, you guessed it, paganism.

I want to learn more, though my situation is somewhat frozen for the next few years; if I choose to make this something I make a huge issue of in my family, I want to know exactly what it's about.

I'm extremely open-minded and worship from a variety of sources; in other words, I'm strongly eclectic and very open minded. So, basically, I'll be around.

~*~Katt~*~

Histrionic

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:17 am
KweenKatt
I'm part of a predominantly Roman Catholic household, and regardless of what I decide to do with my religion, I will be required to attend mass at the Church my family attends until I am 18 and therefore a legal adult. Now, this causes quite a quandry for me, because the religion I'm most interested in is, you guessed it, paganism.

I don't see it as such. Start enjoying mass. Look for its beauty. You don't have to believe it, you just have to be there. Take the time as quiet time for you to think. Try not to fall asleep. That was my problem.

Quote:

I want to learn more, though my situation is somewhat frozen for the next few years; if I choose to make this something I make a huge issue of in my family, I want to know exactly what it's about.

Good idea. We've got a large linklist, and book rec's.
Quote:

I'm extremely open-minded and worship from a variety of sources; in other words, I'm strongly eclectic and very open minded. So, basically, I'll be around.

~*~Katt~*~

Welcome aboard.and Good Luck.

Personally, I'm living a greek saying right now. "Attain income first, then ethics"
Kinda a shitty justification of why I haven't outright told my parents. Now, if they asked, I'd tell them straight out-but they haven't asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:22 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

TeaDidikai

EvilAngel401k

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:29 am
I would like to learn about wiccan and becoming wiccan.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:26 am
EvilAngel401k
I would like to learn about wiccan and becoming wiccan.

What kind of Wicca?  

TeaDidikai

VwolfV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:14 pm
KweenKatt
~*~Katt~*~

With the whole mass thing I think you should just enjoy it (like someone else had said. I am a Christian (I will post again explianing my relgious beliefs) but i am not catholic an I enjoy mass. I would even like to go to a mass in latin sometime! Anyways, for me it is moreso that I like churches, not just for the faith but that they are very pretty.

So my opinion is to just go, try to enjoy it, and just try and feel the faith and energy of the place. BTW dont get me wrong though, i do know not every one has faith, but sometimes you'd be surprised where you can find it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff