Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[LOC] The Civisect Rehabilitation and Counseling Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
DraconicFeline rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:31 am
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi took her lunch break with her lusus, feeding the swarm watery probably-vaguely-apple-flavored sugar water as she looked over her latest "Internship Checkpoint Report". As an intern, she had to answer questions and report on how she was doing periodically. Whether they were analyzing her, testing her for a future full time job, or just giving her a hard time because she was a redblood... she didn't actually care. As her lusus often pointed out, it was good experience and would look fantastic on her resume. So it didn't really matter either way.

Plus, the essay questions were fun, even if they were very similar to the patient questions. SHe popped some fruit salad in her mouth and chewed it as she answered. A moment of bad judgement? Why did they want to know? Did they want to make sure she could own up to her mistakes? Or be a good scapegoat.

I will admit to putting a hyperaggressive patient and an "incessant and pathological pestering" patient in the same room together, and not getting a particularly good result. While it might not appear to be a good practice, the hope was that they would negatively reinforce each other towards a more balanced state.

When given the chance to make that decision, I did check it with doctors in charge and they approved the idea. Unfortunately, aggressive behavior also increased pestering behavior, and resulted in a bloody scuffle and medical time.

The situation was resolved and we are pursuing other treatments for the patients.

There. Hopefully, that would do fine, be truthful, and not reflect too badly on her. Hopefully, they didn't want something not work-related... like that time... She refused to think about the party. She didn't want to ruin her day.

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 am
Psykgi Mentha

Dodgeball to the face.

Psykgi frowned in surprise, bringing up her arm too late. She felt warm blood leak out of her nose.

"Gosh." she exclaimed, a little stunned, watching as the dodgeball game continued. It wouldn't do to have a bloody nose the whole workday - it would unsettle patients and Ma'am would get so worried if she was bloody, besides. Fortunately, she wasn't wearing anything too important and...

To be perfectly honest...

As the surprise leaked away, she was feeling kind of pissed. The dodgeball had rolled off nearby and she picked it up, feeling the weight of it in her hands.

She aimed, braced, and threw it hard back into the fray, hearing a loud SMACK and a cry of pain, lost in the general cacophany and shouts and cries of the game. She smirked.

"Take that you little s**t..." she muttered, bringing her hand to her nose.

Now to take care of this and get back to work..."

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:03 pm
Psykgi Mentha

Psy was not supposed to be overseeing dodgeball, but when someone decided to shunt off their duties to her, what could she do? Not take them up on it? Sometimes, sacrifices had to be made for the greater good, and maybe she could hold it over their head later when she needed a favor. She'd probably have to be sweet about it, but she could be sweet when she wanted to be. Or spicy. Or, even, a little salty.

She was supposed to take notes on behavior, and at least a few of her usual charges were playing today. It would sure be interesting to see how they interacted in a game setting, wouldn't it?

It was really no skin off her sniffnode. It was even enjoyable... until an errant dodgeball decided to up and hit her in the face. Again. It was like those things were laser aimed. She glanced at one of the orderlies and, seeing them eyeing her, she restrained herself from throwing it back into the fray as hard as she could. Instead, she smiled, her grin somewhat forced.

Best behavior, Psykgi. Be professional.
Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:54 am
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi was busily arranging photographs for one of the patients files. The significance of the photos? Psy wasn't sure. They weren't of them, and as far as Psy knew they weren't wanted criminals. But she wasn't going to question the logic of the head technician, and she was sure that the logic would make sense at a higher level. If she wanted to reach that level, she had to do a good job here.

Oh, there was Dr. Resmem! Places to be, people to fiddle with, such a busy troll. Psykgi hoped to be like her some day, still. "Hello!" she greeted as the doctor went by quickly on her way to something else. She'd been hoping, actually, to speak to her about sourcing pastries from Calida's bakery - that would sure support a local business, wouldn't it? But, ah, there she went.

For later, then.

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:04 pm
quite uneventful
Quote:
The Center’s designated dining block is small and sterile. The apple juice is watery and the cookies are frosted with white and pastel icing in the form of Alternian fauna and flora.

As she sat in the dining block, munching on a small cookie she picked up from one of the trays, she considered her life since she joined the rebellion and remembered how much more confident in herself she began to feel, after moving and becoming apart of something a lot bigger than her. After joining the trolls she now called her family. She wondered just how much they would have to suffer for them all to feel as she did whenever she hung out with the swamp.

Visitor point count: 298 + 2 = 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Image
Dr. Resmem sailed through the doors on the far end of the dining block. Such was not a noteworthy occurrence. (Granted, no one in the facility had ever personally witnessed the doctor eat anything.) What was prominent was the beeline Resmem was making for Bellen's table, and Bellen herself in particular.

”Miss Arecae! How good to catch you here. Not that such is terribly difficult, mind you. That's actually why I'm here,” Dr. Resmem said all in one breath. She stopped at the opposite side of the table from Bellen and took a seat. She set her ever-present clipboard down on the table with a crisp "clack."

”May I call you Bellen? See you're such a fixture around the establishment, I feel drawn to calling you Bellen, even though we rarely chat. I'd like to change that.” Resmem spread her painted nails out across the table on either side of her clipboard. Her grin spread wide between her horns.

”Tell me, dear Bellen, how have you been enjoying your time around the Rehabilitation Center? I imagine you must enjoy some aspect, or aspects, for all your volunteer work. Your much appreciated volunteer work, I must add.”  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:16 pm
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi had just been assisting in the theatre and was on her way to the cafeteria for her break. The courtyard was the best way to go to get there, but the dodgeball game gave her pause.

What the heck, I only have a half hour. she thought to herself, setting out over the treacherous yard. Sure enough, out of nowhere -- a ball! Right at her face!

She felt it impact even as she activated her brooch and her lusus scurried to respond. Her face hurt, and a few roaches lay twitching on the ground, but - as she picked up the ball and threw it back into the fray - it could have been worse.

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
DraconicFeline rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:57 pm
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi was all too happy to sample a cupcake, store bought or not, after having to supervise patients during one of the more disturbing presentations. She'd seen it a bunch of times before, as had the orderlies, and in some ways the darn thing was getting boring. Humming, pink flashes, violence, ho-hum. But - and she was sure this was true for the others supervising - it still got to her sometimes. This was one of those times, but she didn't want to be shook up by that presentation, not when she had a good workday yet to go. She also just plain didn't like feeling unsettled.

Honestly, though, she knew she could do better with the cupcakes. There was no problem with store-bought, but when there was a perfectly wonderful Civisect-based bakery to support... well, she'd figure out a way to do that.

Psykgi Visitor Count

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:49 am
Psykgi Mentha

A teenage patient's birthday had come and gone, and with it their questionarre session. Psykgi considered one of the questions that they had filled out in the course of it, a question so targeted towards the Phoenix Initiative rebellion that it would not serve its purpose here.

The patient, of course, had attempted to answer it. He'd been a part of the facility for a while, ever since they had been arrested for... reasons. Several reasons. Reasons involving a rebellious and anti-establishment mindset, that of someone headed for the less official avenues of society.

Rebellious, yes, but not Phoenix Initiative, not as the files understood them. But the question was there, and the answer was... telling.

The teen had answered as best they could, based on what the Rehab center had told them was rebellious and wrong and not fit for the world. Psy had been a part of that process, and had done good work with him - he was nearly ready to become a productive member of society.

But, as she snacked on a leftover cupcake she felt the focus on the PI was muddying the waters a little. She was comfortable saying that this was no Rebel, but a rebel. The question did not apply.

She clipped his questionarre onto her assessment and signed off on the form. An operation was unnecessary. He could begin transition soon.

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
DraconicFeline rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:26 am
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi sometimes felt a sort of thrill when involved with even basic-level inpatients. This was one of those times.

As one of her charges was wheeled rapidly through the hall, struggling and trying to scream against their gag, Psykgi followed the orderlies with almost a spring in her step.

The troll had been checked in for 'criminal tendencies' and she was proving resistant to the intensive therapies dedicated to fixing their behavior before they could grow up to be a parasite on society.

This troll, a young tealblood, was far from the only one brought in for behavioral modification, but she was pushing back more than many others did. Blood tests showed normal midblood chemistry, so it had to be in the mind -- all in the mind.

Psykgi's favorite organ.

The redblood was looking forward to assisting in the new customized treatment plan for this troll. More so, though, as the troll struggled and struggled and struggled (futile, so futile) Psykgi was looking forward to seeing the results.

Psykgi Visitor Count

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:44 pm
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi had bought in cupcakes from a local Civisect bakery -- good cupcakes, of course, not megamarket stuff. She'd subtly told them to set up a booth at bloodfest -- if her city was going to host the place, it needed to have more of it's businesses on represent. After all, come on! Civisect was the best city on the planet.

She snagged two cupcakes - one for herself, of course, and one for the hyperaggressive patient that had been in and out of the facility for a while now.

More out than in, fortunately, and mostly just for fine-tuning. Psykgi couldn't believe that they were growing up so fast (so much had happened in a sweep) and she was very proud of them.

Of her work.

She looked over their questionairre. Their (pronouns, she noted, as He, them, their) aggression had arisen from fear. Not unusual, some degree of fear and aggression was healthy, and some trolls did develop unusual outlets for their emotional needs. It was this fear that they were working through, too. The first page was an essay -- she skimmed it and put it aside for later. The second page was short questions -- it seemed that a new hobby, art (developed in the CRCC, she did note) was helping them find healthy outlets for their aggression. They also talked about examples of times they had almost reacted poorly, and then managed to behave in a caste-appropriate, society-appropriate way.

She read it with pride, and then set that aside for later too. A glance at the clock told her that she had an appointment to get to, so everything had to be for later.

But soon.

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:05 pm
Psykgi Mentha

As always, the front yard of the facility was a danger-zone, and as dodgeballs were flung every-which-way Psykgi's hand instinctively went to her protective brooch.

Fortunately, this time, she didn't need to use her lusus' protection, and was soon 'safely' ensconced within her small office. A glance at the stack of paperwork on her desk told her that it really could be done later and that this was the perfect time to review that lovely questionairre.

So. Fears.

The young hyperaggressive troll had been asked to list their fears, grouping them into categories. Psy's eyes were drawn to the physical fears (possibly due to the near-miss just a bit ago).

"I'm afraid of getting hurt." she read -- a reasonable fear, but it was their elaboration that caught her attention, "But I'm more afraid of not getting hurt. If I don't get hurt, I feel weak. But then I hurt others, too, and I'm not sure if that's strong." That made sense, in a paradoxical way. "The Rehabilitation Center has taught me that it is all right to get hurt sometimes, and it is all right to hurt others sometimes, but that it is stronger to restrain myself."

Yes -- discipline was important. Psykgi mused on how difficult it was for her to restrain herself, sometimes. Or -- the paperwork loomed in her vision, inducing a sigh of exasperation -- to get around to things...

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:22 am
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi wandered through the halls, aimless for the time being as she pondered her patients problems. Her thoughts, naturally, were drawn to fears.

Mental fears were the trickiest to deal with. They were deeper than the skin, deeper than the organs, far beyond flesh or form.

Her hyperaggressive patient had had quite a few mental fears, which they had managed to work through. The answer they had put on their review form stuck with her, though, and as she walked through the halls (for the upteenth time) she pondered it.

"I'm scared of my lusus. He cares for me, and I care for him, but I'm scared that if I stop acting like him and attacking like I do, that he'll stop loving me. But, at the same time, he was the one to tell me to come here. I'm scared that he will be upset with me for changing, but I'm also scared that I'll be just like him... and that he doesn't want that. I want him to like me."

Psy's thoughts turned, briefly, to her own lusus. She knew that she was very different from Ma'am, even besides the whole... not being a conglomerate of cockroaches. She thought that Ma'am was proud of her, but with her lusus, there was always room to grow.

For this patient, however... Who knew? She was not a psychologist of lusii, but it was clear that they really cared about what their parent thought of them. When she had a chance, she'd talk to them about it -- it was important that they feel confident in their change to a more stable, productive individual, after all.

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
DraconicFeline rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:06 pm
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi looked over the chart of a new intake, bemusedly erasing the 'mismatched sock' symptom noted on it. She didn't know who kept putting that down, but the general consensus was that there was no correlation between the initiative and garish socks, certainly not in the current fashion climate. Why, she'd seen a troll with garish socks, gloves, and hats walking around, and they were otherwise a perfectly normal and mentally-well (within reason) highblood.

It was usually the highbloods, too -- one expected a certain level of variety in their clothing. Especially the juggalo cult which, while fascinating in terms of mental health, were not 'aberrant' and certainly not 'rebellious.'

Still, she couldn't blame whoever kept putting that note down. Garishness was a deviation from the norm, after all. It just wasn't a problematic one.

Now, if the patient's full wardrobe was completely non-bloodhue colors, then there would be a problem... but chances were, someone would either cull them for it before they got to the rehab center, or they wouldn't be stupid enough to wear that sort of thing in public. Socks, though?

Were just socks.

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:15 pm
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi had just put a file into Dr. Resmem's inbox when the doctor herself appeared, swooping in to pick up the folder. She gave Psykgi a small nod before walking briskly away, speedreading the file.

Psykgi smiled, admiring -- as she had done for sweeps -- the efficiency of the good doctor. She hoped she was doing a good job supporting that efficiency... no, she knew she was.

Extremely motivated by this, she returned to her office to review the final set of fears that her hyperaggressive (or, perhaps more accurately, formerly hyperaggressive) patient had listed. She needed to write up her report and final recommendations tonight, which she could definitely do.

The final category was social fears, and for this the patient had put a pretty typical one:
"I want to join the military but I am afraid that I won't be good enough. I'm afraid that I don't know how to do anything other than hit things. Dr. Mentha says that I can, that I know lots of things, more than I know I know, and I believe her, but I'm still scared."

Psykgi frowned as she reread the passage. Having her name so close to something that could be interpreted as a 'failure' wasn't the best. But, more than that, it sounded again like her patient needed some confidence work. Maybe a strategy game? Something tactical?

She began to write up her report.

Psykgi Visitor Count

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
DraconicFeline rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:25 pm
Psykgi Mentha

Screaming came from a room down the hall, and Psykgi poked her head in for a look. Orderlies held down an adult patient, forcing them onto a bed in an almost disconcertingly pleasant room.

She hung around to watch them work, but in the end, that patient wasn't hers and she had places to be, work to do. She moved on, waving to an orderly changing the sheets in the room next door.

Just another night in the CRC wards.

Psykgi Visitor Count

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas