Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampires Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nines19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:36 am
redtearsblackwings
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

No its a case of, I got the tests mixed up, therefo I thought a test I had taken, showed something that it didn't.
I understand that, I admit that.
Get over it.
There is nothing to get over.
You should know your tests. You should know what your tests showed.
You wouldn't "think" that a test would show something it didn't. It isn't as though you are suggesting that the test you took was analogous to an fMRI like the ones used to monitor Nuns in sacred prayer, and you simply called it the wrong thing.

The issue is your post doesn't read like an "Oops! I screwed up."
It reads like you tried to lie to people who knew more than you expected them to and thus they caught you- now you're scrambling to make up more lies.

I do know what my tests show. My ECG's show that I have a VSD. Which is a very small(in my case) hole in between the two Ventrical Chambers in my heat.
It wasn't a 'Oops, I screwed up." post it was "I made a miskae and I'm sorry for that."
Half the time when I do have an ECG it is because too much blood is escaping though the hole and I'm feeling very weak, so it was easy to confuse.
I don't know what more you want from me besides a "I'm sorry that I got the two tests confused".

When you end each of your, "I made a miskae and I'm sorry for that" posts with, "Get over it," it doesn't sound like you're actually sorry. At all.

Jus' sayin'.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:53 pm
I know mocking crazy people is easier than science, but I really am curious if anyone here knows much biology.  

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:40 am
Nines19
redtearsblackwings
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

No its a case of, I got the tests mixed up, therefo I thought a test I had taken, showed something that it didn't.
I understand that, I admit that.
Get over it.
There is nothing to get over.
You should know your tests. You should know what your tests showed.
You wouldn't "think" that a test would show something it didn't. It isn't as though you are suggesting that the test you took was analogous to an fMRI like the ones used to monitor Nuns in sacred prayer, and you simply called it the wrong thing.

The issue is your post doesn't read like an "Oops! I screwed up."
It reads like you tried to lie to people who knew more than you expected them to and thus they caught you- now you're scrambling to make up more lies.

I do know what my tests show. My ECG's show that I have a VSD. Which is a very small(in my case) hole in between the two Ventrical Chambers in my heat.
It wasn't a 'Oops, I screwed up." post it was "I made a miskae and I'm sorry for that."
Half the time when I do have an ECG it is because too much blood is escaping though the hole and I'm feeling very weak, so it was easy to confuse.
I don't know what more you want from me besides a "I'm sorry that I got the two tests confused".

When you end each of your, "I made a miskae and I'm sorry for that" posts with, "Get over it," it doesn't sound like you're actually sorry. At all.

Jus' sayin'.

Well it got me no where when I just said a plan sorry.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:12 am
redtearsblackwings

Where was that?
All I've seen from you, thus far, is a heap load of attitude combined with nonsense.
Why would we care about your hole in your heart? What does that have to do with the supposed tests you've had for being attacked by vampires.
Seriously? Your posts are getting more incoherent a they go.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:37 am
For my part, I don't believe in vampires in terms of 'bloodsucking denizens of the night.' However, I think I've observed enough to have a reasonable (if somewhat reserved) belief in so-called 'energy vampires' - humans that are physically standard issue, for the most part, except that they seem to thrive in large groups, or in middle-sized groups of intimate friends and close acquaintantces, supposedly by drawing upon the energy of people around them without offering compensation. (Other than entertainment, in some cases.) Also, if there is indeed such a thing as energy vampirism, I think it would be plausible that many ordinary people engage in it unconsciously, at a certain degree of excitement or animation.

Take myself and my friend Niji: we (being horrible nerds) would write memefics out by hand and pass it between us, when we were still visiting one another frequently - that is, before Niji moved. (Come to think of it, she's still got my binder. Blast.) Whenever I felt particularly inspired to write lengthy, detailed segments, it seemed that she always countered with one or two lines, and a simplistic sentence structure - until she fell asleep, with me still scritching and scratching away. The reason I feel I can cite this type of incident as being accidental, and probably difficult to control, is this: Sometimes, the situation was opposite, and I had to stir myself from practically nodding off where I sat, so that I could begin the drive home.

My times of arrival and departure at her place were similar each time I was there, so there's little chance it had much to do with conflicting sleep schedules, or there would probably have been some uniformity to who fell asleep first. Also, a dip or 'low' in one person's activity seemed usually to correspond in a 'high' in the other's.

Anecdotal, and therefore mostly pointless, I know. But I thought it was interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:45 am
CuAnnan
redtearsblackwings

Where was that?
All I've seen from you, thus far, is a heap load of attitude combined with nonsense.
Why would we care about your hole in your heart? What does that have to do with the supposed tests you've had for being attacked by vampires.
Seriously? Your posts are getting more incoherent a they go.

That is the point I'm trying to make, the tests that I have, have nothing to do with being attacked by vampires. I got the ECG mixed up with the other test someone asked if I'd had. Which is what I'm trying to apolozise for. I'm trying to say that I'm sorry for getting the two tests mixed up.  

redtearsblackwings

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am
redtearsblackwings
That is the point I'm trying to make, the tests that I have, have nothing to do with being attacked by vampires.
Then why did you offer them as evidence.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:24 am
maenad nuri
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

All my EEG's are normal for my VSD, the only thing that they show is that I have a hole in my heart which is what I was born with. So no an EEG has nothing to do with it, I have them twice yearly.
EEGs don't show structure. confused

That makes absolutely no sense, it's a bit like claiming that an X Ray you have shows your nervous system firing.

You either don't know what the hell you are talking about or you're lying. stare

Also, they wouldn't show the heart. EEG's are for the brain, EKG's are for the heart. Davit has to get EEG's whenever he has a seizure to prove they were diabetic in nature and not a brain disorder. I've gotten EKG's to show my heart murmur.

They are commonly confused, though.
Bolding mine, natch. This is from a bit back in the thread, when EKG/ECG's came up.

She didn't present it as evidence. She confused it with another test that was suggested as a possible source of evidence.

She also apologized for the mix-up - more than once, I think - since then. I'll grab the quote and edit it in, if you'd like, Tea.  

Ultramarine Violet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:47 am
Ultramarine Violet
The reason I feel I can cite this type of incident as being accidental, and probably difficult to control, is this: Sometimes, the situation was opposite, and I had to stir myself from practically nodding off where I sat, so that I could begin the drive home.

My times of arrival and departure at her place were similar each time I was there, so there's little chance it had much to do with conflicting sleep schedules, or there would probably have been some uniformity to who fell asleep first. Also, a dip or 'low' in one person's activity seemed usually to correspond in a 'high' in the other's.

Anecdotal, and therefore mostly pointless, I know. But I thought it was interesting.
No mention of diet or previous activity during the day.
Too many variables. Not enough control.
Ultramarine Violet
Bolding mine, natch. This is from a bit back in the thread, when EKG/ECG's came up.
She did present it as evidence. She used it to back her claims, that's why it was mentioned in the thread to begin with. stare

I don't really care about the mix up. I care about the attempts at manipulation.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:53 pm
Synnthetika
I know mocking crazy people is easier than science, but I really am curious if anyone here knows much biology.

What would you like to know about biology? Genetics and proteomics are my sweet spot topics in bio.  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:30 pm
Recursive Paradox
Synnthetika

What would you like to know about biology? Genetics and proteomics are my sweet spot topics in bio.
I tend to look more at physical structure and the like. Subluxations are a common source of fatigue and general energy issues- as are diet.

That said, something like an fMRI would be interesting when it comes to the kind of energy manipulation we're speaking of when it comes to psy-vamps.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:32 am
Recursive Paradox
Synnthetika

What would you like to know about biology? Genetics and proteomics are my sweet G-spot topics in bio.

*cough*

I apologise if that was innapropriate.  

Gho the Girl

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:10 am
TeaDidikai
That said, something like an fMRI would be interesting when it comes to the kind of energy manipulation we're speaking of when it comes to psy-vamps.

Likewise. Though, from my (admittedly) rather limited understanding of the fMRI process, there's going to be a notable reaction either way. Whether psy-vamps work on a purely psychoreactive level or an energetic one, there's going to be a neuralogical reaction.
However, an fMRI would show which part of the brain is reacting which, in and of itself, would be interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:24 am
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai

Likewise. Though, from my (admittedly) rather limited understanding of the fMRI process, there's going to be a notable reaction either way. Whether psy-vamps work on a purely psychoreactive level or an energetic one, there's going to be a neuralogical reaction.
However, an fMRI would show which part of the brain is reacting which, in and of itself, would be interesting.
Well, and then we'd end up generating controls. People who are not psy-vamps going through the motions and the like.  

TeaDidikai

chaoticpuppet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:47 am
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai

Well, and then we'd end up generating controls. People who are not psy-vamps going through the motions and the like.

I do wonder whether it would be better to use a test with high temporal resolution or high spatial resolution when it comes to psy-vamps.

With the EEG, you would be able to see effects during and after the 'attacks,' but would be unable to say much more than, 'well it happens in the cortex.'

And with the fMRI, you would be able to see the area's corresponding, but there is also about a 5s time delay making it a better measure for after an 'attack.'  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff