Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Astrology Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:42 pm
Foxmore

I didn't post it to discreadit all the work that you have put into this class, or even challange it for that matter. I just thought it was a good site that I had gotton some good info from in the past and thought it would be good to add to the genral knowlege so that if people wanted to learn on their own a bit they could.

I am truely greatfull for all the work you have put into these lessons, and I am sorry if I made you think otherwise.

(And embarrased if it turns out that I have just misunderstude your post. Rendering this one meaningless jabber).

lol I'm not gonna say anything then. Hello Fox how are you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:04 am
I'm guessing it was the meaningless jabber. lol.

I'm alright, and you.
blaugh  

Foxmore

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:47 pm
In case you haven't been counting this is, Lesson Eleven

Final Planets, or Modern planets.

These are the three planets discovered in modern times, which have since been assigned meanings by Western astrologers. They are considered to be 'impersonal' planets, representing broad trends and impulses in society rather than in the individual.

* - Uranus: Rebellion and unconventionality, breaking down of old structures, new ways of thinking and acting, innovation and invention, idealism and progressive thought, clubs, societies, humanitarian organizations, political movements, need to be unique, unusual, desire for individual self expression and independence. Ruler of the zodiac sign Aquarius.
* - Neptune: Mysticism, transcendence, psychic impulses, feelings of sensitivity and empathy, care of the sick, the mentally ill, animals, charities, religious institutions, hospitals, prisons, retreat from society, artistic inspiration, spirituality, vulnerability to drugs. Ruler of the zodiac sign Pisces.
* or - Pluto: Transformation and regeneration of person's life, beginnings and endings of phases of life, sex, death, issues of power and control, revealing hidden secrets, big business, police, detective and secret services, surgery, mining, extremes of wealth and poverty. Ruler of the zodiac sign Scorpio.

Horoscope:

Western astrology is based mainly upon the construction of a horoscope , which is a map or chart of the heavens at a particular moment in time. The moment chosen is the beginning of the existence of the subject of the horoscope, as it is believed that the subject will carry with it the pattern of the heavens from that moment throughout its life. The most common form of horoscope is the natal chart based on the moment of a person's birth; though in theory a horoscope can be drawn up for the beginning of anything, from a business enterprise to the foundation of a nation state.

In Western astrology the interpretation of a horoscope is governed by:

* The position of the planets in the astrological signs of the zodiac,
* The position of the planets in the houses of the horoscope,
* The position of the primary angles of the horoscope, namely the horizon line (called the ascendant/descendant axis), and the prime vertical line (called the zenith/midheaven and nadir/imum coeli axis),
* The angles formed by the planets relative to each other and the primary angles, called aspects
* The position of deduced astronomical entities, such as the Lunar nodes.

Some astrologers also use the position of various mathematical points such as the Arabic parts.

There are four primary angles in the horoscope (though the cusps of the houses are often included as important angles by some astrologers).

*User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - The ascendant or rising sign is the eastern point where the ecliptic and horizon intersect. During the course of a day, because of the Earth's rotation, the entire circle of the ecliptic will pass through the ascendant and will be advanced by about 1°. This provides us with the term rising sign', which is the sign of the zodiac that was rising in the east at the exact time that the horoscope or natal chart is calculated. In creating a horoscope the ascendant is traditionally placed as the left-hand side point of the chart. In most house systems the ascendant lies on the cusp of the 1st house of the horoscope.

The ascendant is generally considered the most important and personalized angle in the horoscope by the vast majority of astrologers. It signifies a person's awakening consciousness, in the same way that the Sun's appearance on the eastern horizon signifies the dawn of a new day. Due to the fact that the ascendant is specific to a particular time and place, it signifies the individual environment and conditioning that a person receives during their upbringing, and also the circumstances of their childhood. For this reason, the ascendant is also concerned with how a person has learned to present him or herself to the world, especially in public and in impersonal situations.

The opposite point to the ascendant in the west is the descendant , which denotes how a person reacts in their relationships with others. It also show the kind of person we are likely to be attracted to, and our ability to form romantic attachments. In most house systems the descendant lies on the cusp of the 7th house of the horoscope.

*User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - The midheaven or medium coeli is the point on the ecliptic that is furthest above the plane of the horizon. For events occurring where the planes of the ecliptic and the horizon coincide, the limiting position for these points is located 90° from the ascendant. For astrologers, the midheaven traditionally indicates a person's career, status, aim in life, aspirations, public reputation, and life goal. In quadrant house systems the midheaven lies on the cusp of the 10th house of the horoscope.

The opposite point to the midheaven is known as the imum coeli. For astrologers the nadir or IC traditionally indicates the circumstances at the beginning and end of a person's life, their parents and the parental home, and their own domestic life. In quadrant house systems it lies on the cusp of the 4th house of the horoscope.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:55 pm
Wow, that is awesome. I didn't know any of that!!! Right on!

Okay, so, I'm a Scorpio. . and there are two planets that rule over my sign, Mars and Pluto. . . And both descriptions fit me really well. But I find that the description of Pluto is more fitting. . . to the point of me going "whoa". Do you think that one planet is going to be more ruling over the other or should they be equal when talking about personalities?  

the-jo87

PathlessPlot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:36 pm
Are we going to be learning how to construct natal charts. (I actually think I asked this question already. redface Sorry if I did.)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:43 pm
((Hmmm...I'm interested! Sign me up Peaches!))  

light_yamagi

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:11 pm
lol yeah you asked already Rebo, but I'm actually having some trouble with that particular thing, so if anyone has any useful help PM me.

Hello Light, yes you're all signed up. So catch up! lol Welcome to class.

Also, for this month I was going to have a little contest like I did when the class started, but last time not many participated in the actual voting process. I'm going to try again. This lesson is a must and is gonna help me figure out who's participating and who's not. This is a must. I ask that you do it.

The stars play a vital, and I mean crucial, part in astrology. From individual stars to the constellations. The sun is also one of our stars. The moon, though not a star is important as well. You're little mini project is to post a picture that you feel represents astrology. One per person and I ask that you don't stretch the pages. If you feel your pic is too big then post the link. I noticed that it wasn't always done right the last time, so....

[url=YOUR LINK HERE]TYPE SOMETHING[/url]

This is one way
[img]LINKY[/img]

This is another way.
I prefer is you use one of these two ways.

Make sure your picture represents what you feel about astrology. Don't just find a pretty picture and post it. I want to know what you think of when you think "Astrology." Put some though into it, don't just type in "Astrology" and see what comes up. I'm eager to see what you think. I'll post mine last. (Yes I already have it)
Have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:43 pm
Link here

When the word astrology comes up I think of my sign Sagittarius and what it may look like in the sky. Although I have a telescope, I have not had the time to look for my sign. *sigh* One day I will.  

PathlessPlot

shivanti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:12 am
I have my perfect image, its sitting wrapped as a christmas present that i cant get to untill after christmas. I actually bought it because thats exactly what it meant to me, the zodiac. Its a horse running with the night sky painted on it, im a horse and very true to a horses nature and so the horse represents the zodiac for me. Whilst the night sky painted on it reminds me of the beauty in which the zodiac lies and where it lies. Ill try to put a picture up as soon as possible.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:25 pm
Astrology

Here is my picture!! It's formally called The Witch's Broom Nebula. It's a picture of the light from an exploding star.

It's pictures like this, and pictures of the skies in Alaska, that makes me think of astrology.

edit PM and tell me what you think of the picture. I thought it was cool!  

the-jo87

light_yamagi

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:01 pm
You have no idea how long it took me to come to terms with myself to pick this picture out of the several hundred I shoveled though today.

User Image

Things like this are what I think represent astrology not only to myself, but in our modern day and age. Whenever I see symbols like those on the face of this clock, or the animals of the eastern or western zodiac, I automatically think of astrology.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When I think of astrology, I think of the constellations. I remember when I was in elementary school my class went on a field trip to one of those astronomy museum type places (I forget what they're called) and I remember them sitting us in this room, turning of all the lights, and then on the ceiling there were stars (not real stars, just like a video) that moved around. Then the guy came in and talked about them and then started talking about all of the different constellations, including the astrological ones. He even showed us how to find them all (although I don't remember lol). That was when I decided I wanted to be an astronomer (that didn't last long though).  

dark_angel_32189

Moody Magic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:32 pm
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/IdioticNinja56/8VirgoXN.jpg

Astrology makes me think of the zodiac and the myths attached to each sign. Mine is virgo.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:40 pm
Not everyone has posted yet, possibly because of the holidays, but that's okay cause I've been gone too. n_n;

I'll link mine now....Astrology

When I think astrology I think of space, stars, the moon. Since the sun is the biggest star we have it joins the moon in my thoughts. The woman holding them both shows that someone, I am lead to believe the Old Ones, created space, the stars, moons, and planets, even the Goddess and God. However that is just me.....
Off topic, anywho!
This is what I think when I think "Astrology" I'll wait a few more days to see if anymore people post pics, then I'll start sending out letters, then I start removing, which I don't want to do...it makes me cry a little on the inside....
Love and Peace to you all.
~Blessed Be

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

Foxmore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know this might sound kinda self centered, but as soon as I hear Astrology I start thinking about my western zodiac sign and what it means to me and how odd it is that it matches me so well. It is quite amazing... and it strikes me weird when those around me don't have the same enthusiasm over their zodiac sign.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games