Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
The Start of a Long Road Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 255 256 257 258 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:04 am
Darksol88
"Uh... right." Aden didn't get much of a chance to say anything to Ryan, seeing him walk off. He couldn't blame him, though. He wondered if maybe he should try going against both, but he knew good and well that wasn't a wise idea. Mostly because of his unorthodox methods that have cropped up lately. He nodded before he stepped outside, trying to think of just what to use here. Having three that could use any training possible, and juggling them at that, was starting to become a test.

He was starting to fear when he did have beyond a full party.

As we made our way outside, I made my way a good ways from the Pokemon Center and took out a Pokeball. Rather it be type advantage or not to start off with, I was going to use this one. Aden needs to deal with anything that comes his way, and above all else, get his Pokemon battling. "Alright Aden, how about we make this simple." I said. "I'll play by apprentice rules, like at any gym, especially like at Mahogany. Just like I said, however, I got a few Pokemon that I'd like to get to training, so I in particular am not going to limit myself to Ice types or anything like that. Fair enough?" I asked.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:47 pm
Aden was quick to nod, grabbing a Pokeball himself. After having fought Jackie and all, he was familiar with the ruleset. He found it a little unusual that Blizzard would adhere to it here, but the point wasn't lost on him. As for using others?

"That's fine. I wouldn't have expected anything less."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:09 pm
Darksol88
Aden was quick to nod, grabbing a Pokeball himself. After having fought Jackie and all, he was familiar with the ruleset. He found it a little unusual that Blizzard would adhere to it here, but the point wasn't lost on him. As for using others?

"That's fine. I wouldn't have expected anything less."

"Alright, at the ready then." I said, taking out a Pokeball. "First up. Riolu! Let's go!" I called out, tossing out the Pokeball onto the playing field of sorts. The ball lands and pops open revealing the Pokemon inside.

"RALA!" Riolu cried out. This Pokemon was ready to go.

"Alright Aden, your move." I said.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 am
Aden saw no reason to change what he was planning to send out, and even if he had, he wasn't planning on it. "Alright... Mareep, let's go!" It was at this point where he wondered if he was using her a little too much, letting her out.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:25 am
Darksol88
Aden saw no reason to change what he was planning to send out, and even if he had, he wasn't planning on it. "Alright... Mareep, let's go!" It was at this point where he wondered if he was using her a little too much, letting her out.

Really I didn't care in my opinion. If I was in Aden's shoes, considering that his Mareep and and Geodude in particular were the least experienced ones in his party, and that his Nidoran, Poliwhirl, and Raticate were at least managable, yea, best go with the ones that needs the work if anything. Not to mention, really? Geodude? Against a fighting type? Surely you jest.

"Alright Riolu! Get going! Quick Attack!" I shouted.e

"Ra-la!" Riolu shouted, bolting off towards the Mareep with great speed for that mattered. Also one thing Aden might notice on Riolu for that matter. Riolu was apparently wearing something. It was a power bracer that I gave to Riolu a while back. It was fair to say that Riolu made good use of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 am
Aden found himself to be in for a much ruder awakening than he anticipated, having no time to react before Riolu slammed into Mareep fairly hard. The speed and power behind the move caught him off guard a little, moreso when he noticed the reddish bracer that was worn.

Needless to say, if there was any thoughts that Blizzard hadn't followed what was said, they were immediately dispelled. "Mareep! Can you get up?" His answer came soon enough, with Mareep getting back to her feet despite the surprise assault. A sigh of relief came; he really hoped he didn't one day see something fall in a single hit.

"Good... we need to do something about that speed. Let alone fight back... Thunder Wave!" He knew at this point that it was becoming a common tactic. But if that edge kept up, things could get ugly fast, he thought. It was better to be at least a little safe, having Mareep let off a weak jolt at Riolu.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:24 am
Darksol88
Aden found himself to be in for a much ruder awakening than he anticipated, having no time to react before Riolu slammed into Mareep fairly hard. The speed and power behind the move caught him off guard a little, moreso when he noticed the reddish bracer that was worn.

Needless to say, if there was any thoughts that Blizzard hadn't followed what was said, they were immediately dispelled. "Mareep! Can you get up?" His answer came soon enough, with Mareep getting back to her feet despite the surprise assault. A sigh of relief came; he really hoped he didn't one day see something fall in a single hit.

"Good... we need to do something about that speed. Let alone fight back... Thunder Wave!" He knew at this point that it was becoming a common tactic. But if that edge kept up, things could get ugly fast, he thought. It was better to be at least a little safe, having Mareep let off a weak jolt at Riolu.

"Oh crap..."

"RA-LA!" Riolu shouted, making his way down to one knee. Paralysis. I had the feeling that it could have easily resorted to this with Aden, if either by my doing or his calling of a Thunder Wave attack.

"Riolu, hang in there!" It looks like I'm about to go on the defensive here...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:32 pm
"Don't let up, Mareep. Tackle!" Aden called, trying to keep up on the offensive. He didn't want to go for the electrical assault too soon, knowing she'd need to charge up a little more.

In the meantime, having her rush headlong to try and ram into Riolu sounded like a better idea.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 pm
Darksol88
"Don't let up, Mareep. Tackle!" Aden called, trying to keep up on the offensive. He didn't want to go for the electrical assault too soon, knowing she'd need to charge up a little more.

In the meantime, having her rush headlong to try and ram into Riolu sounded like a better idea.

"Riolu! Try to fight it! Force Palm!" I shouted.

As the Mareep made its full body charge towards Riolu, Riolu fought through the paralysis for the moment, thrusting a aura-ridden arm forward towards the Mareep.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:22 pm
Mareep wasn't expecting such a sudden attack, and found herself getting hit. Even if she did see it coming, she was already caught up in the attack and couldn't get out of the way.

It was then that Aden saw speed wasn't entirely an issue, though crippling it had helped. Riolu was still hitting fairly hard, but there wasn't much that could be done there other than rolling with it. However, making any command seemed unlikely, as Mareep twitched a little.

"Mareep? Here, get out of the way. Keep your distance." Looks like defense was going to trade places a little.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 pm
Darksol88
Mareep wasn't expecting such a sudden attack, and found herself getting hit. Even if she did see it coming, she was already caught up in the attack and couldn't get out of the way.

It was then that Aden saw speed wasn't entirely an issue, though crippling it had helped. Riolu was still hitting fairly hard, but there wasn't much that could be done there other than rolling with it. However, making any command seemed unlikely, as Mareep twitched a little.

"Mareep? Here, get out of the way. Keep your distance." Looks like defense was going to trade places a little.

Riolu was still trying to shake the paralysis off of him, but it was to say the least easier said. "Ra...laaaa..." He moaned out.

"I know it's tough Riolu, just hang in there, ok? Let's try playing around with some of the newer attacks I taught you if you can!"

"Ra la!"

"Ice Punch!" Figures I'd teach him something like that...

With a bit of focus, Riolu managed to concoct a chilling fist and though unsteady on his feet tried to go to attack the electric sheep.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:00 pm
"Whoa, Mareep, careful!" Aden wasn't surprised to see something like that in the least. Really, ice attacks and Blizzard kinda went hand in hand. But he still wasn't up for seeing a sheepsicle so soon. "Gotta be quick about this... Thundershock!"

To those means, Mareep let out what electricity she had built up and opened fire on the approaching Riolu.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:10 pm
Darksol88
"Whoa, Mareep, careful!" Aden wasn't surprised to see something like that in the least. Really, ice attacks and Blizzard kinda went hand in hand. But he still wasn't up for seeing a sheepsicle so soon. "Gotta be quick about this... Thundershock!"

To those means, Mareep let out what electricity she had built up and opened fire on the approaching Riolu.

This was looking worse than I had anticipated. Wasn't helping Riolu was running around paralyzed. Made worse by the fact he was still wearing the bracer, slowing him down even further. It was virtually a no wonder that the Thundershock to come hit its mark rather easily and putting Riolu in no better of a situation, stopping him cold for that matter.

I need to get Riolu in better standing, if such a way exists. Fortunately, I knew of one. He did get a bit closer to that Mareep, if only to get stopped, but maybe. "Drain Punch!" I shouted.

"Raaaa...LAAAA!" With strain there, Riolu lunged forward to go strike the sheep.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:55 pm
"Huh, what!?" Aden found Mareep getting hit by the punch before he knew it, and he saw her start to look a lot worse for wear. Whatever it was, it left her rather weakened. And whatever damage Riolu had taken looked like it was very little.

"Oh no..." Seeing that this wasn't good, he felt he might want to get a Pokeball ready for when she fell.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:45 am
Darksol88
"Huh, what!?" Aden found Mareep getting hit by the punch before he knew it, and he saw her start to look a lot worse for wear. Whatever it was, it left her rather weakened. And whatever damage Riolu had taken looked like it was very little.

"Oh no..." Seeing that this wasn't good, he felt he might want to get a Pokeball ready for when she fell.

While Riolu may have recovered a bit, he still wasn't out of the mess he was in quite yet. He's still paralyzed and Aden still had a chance to really stomp on the fighter Pokemon with his Mareep. It was a reprieve I have to make the most of. "Riolu! Try another Ice Punch!" I called out.

With a bit of focus, Riolu fought on, though still rather slow going with the paralysis getting the better of it.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 255 256 257 258 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games